Heroic Failures

Share your tales of battle and mayhem

Moderators: Moronstudios, Killer Karetsu, Zupponn

Postby IVhorseman » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:38 pm

actually, in a draw on heroic feat rolls, the hero succeeds.
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby Tesla Coyle » Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:26 pm

In my most recent battle my Hero was attempting to attack an enemy soldier with his beamsaber and ended up loping off his own hand due to epic critical failure.

Using his heroic feat with the cliche "Jedi-Physicist" he attempts to attach a robotic hand to his severed stump. Lo and behold he succeeds but his robotic hand had become self aware and turned on him and attacks him once per round.
TROLOLO
Tesla Coyle
Champion

Postby ace121 » Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:41 pm

My most recent heroic feat was when my Aquanautic Hero of Really Cool Watery Stuff and Subs raised my super-battleship from the deep, with it miraculously undamaged (It capsized when a (stupid) army of (stupid) bionicles of the deep knocked it over). The Aquanaut then proceeded to push it into the legion of hideously formed technic beings, spalttering them all very energy efficiently against the hull.

Long story short, he saved the day for the Boltz Imperial Naval Ship Independence :) . Go Aquanats! You just don't find minifigs like them anymore...

"I am Aceman, bringer of quote"
ace121
Cannon Fodder

Postby Bonn-o-Tron » Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:32 am

Aquanauts ftw!
:rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei:
Bonn-o-Tron
Playmobil

Postby ace121 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:08 pm

In this case, that was the idea exactly 8)

"I am Aceman, bringer of quote"
ace121
Cannon Fodder

Postby flabort » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:49 pm

flabort wrote:My most painful death... i had a pirate's skeleton on ski's, going down a hill. now, normally skeletons can't feel pain, but it wasn't him who felt pain. at the bottom of the hill were three things: the necromancer that raised the skeleton, then a jet fuel soaked "hollow" tree, as well as a medieval knight with a flame thrower. guess who got squished between his own undead minion and a tree just as the knight found the trigger on the flame thrower? all three died, but the most painful was for the necromancer. :lol:
The necromancer above had been my hero. he was trying to raise up an entire pirate ship and it's crew, but rolled a one, while my brother rolled a 4. result: a single minion with no way of communications between the two, so the minion just stood there, doing nothing. next turn, he tried to get a control on the minion. result of 1 vs. 6+6+6+5: giving minion a very scrambled free will. next turn the hero tried materializing a cage before the Skelly could move. same roll as last time. it spawned a pair of skis, and telleported the skeleton to the top of a hill. then, he was out of heroic feats for the turn, and the skeleton skied down the hill, resulting in: Boom.
Flaming Leeches And Beetles On Rye Toast

My name is an Acronym
TROLOLO
flabort
Champion

Postby Tarren » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:59 pm

my floppy penis wrote:well, I called down a meteor shower once, and Since the roll was on the border, we decided to rock-paper-scissors it.
it was a draw. half of the objective was destroyed, and the place my I was hiding in was leveled.
you can't win them all :\

On another note, this is from the painful death thread:

My most painful death happened when I used a stupendoes feat to call down a meteor shower on top of a small bunker my opponents hero was in (that hero was just getting AMAZING luck on EVERY roll). we ended up tying on our rolls.Oh, the meteors hit, but the top of the bunker was only slightly damaged. the her owasnt dead.Oh, did I mention that I had the bunker surronded by half of my team, which was about 20 minifigs? ALL dead.

Meteors doint like me D:
Silverdream wrote:As you can see the majority of sex workers in BC are not only children, but aboriginal children. It's mostly because we treat them like shit.
Tarren
Dimmy

Postby pesgores » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:01 pm

N00bs, don't mix threads.

Make the biggest confusion about it, lolz
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
My official post number 1000 was "The whole battle?"
pesgores
The Dear Leader

Postby Greenkey15 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:24 pm

Since I only have 3 brikwars, my failures are low. The most amazing one was when my dad tried to grab the skateboard my hero was using and throw it at my bike-knight. He failed, got run over by the skateboard, and got unwillingly carried away by medics. They turned him into soylent green!!!!!1!!!!!!1!!1!1!1!eleven!!!
Greenkey15
Cannon Fodder

Postby Mohawk » Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:03 pm

I remember having my Skeleton Hero, Lord S (don't ask what the S stands for), survive 6 attacks aimed at him on a single turn, all of which were made by weapons of at least 1d6+3 caliber, only to blow himself up on the next turn when he overloaded his fire spear with evil, skeleton magics in an attempt to knock back and/or destroy four of Ken's Knights (I think the roll was 1 v 4). Had he not exploded violently, I might have stood a chance of actually winning at BrikWars for once.
They don't call me 'Darth' Mohawk just 'cause I tell 'em to!
Mohawk
Champion

Postby pesgores » Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:44 pm

Mohawk wrote:I remember having my Skeleton Hero, Lord S (don't ask what the S stands for), survive 6 attacks aimed at him on a single turn, all of which were made by weapons of at least 1d6+3 caliber, only to blow himself up on the next turn when he overloaded his fire spear with evil, skeleton magics in an attempt to knock back and/or destroy four of Ken's Knights (I think the roll was 1 v 4). Had he not exploded violently, I might have stood a chance of actually winning at BrikWars for once.

Lol.
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
My official post number 1000 was "The whole battle?"
pesgores
The Dear Leader

Postby ahp77 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:55 pm

Mohawk wrote:I remember having my Skeleton Hero, Lord S (don't ask what the S stands for), survive 6 attacks aimed at him on a single turn, all of which were made by weapons of at least 1d6+3 caliber, only to blow himself up on the next turn when he overloaded his fire spear with evil, skeleton magics in an attempt to knock back and/or destroy four of Ken's Knights (I think the roll was 1 v 4). Had he not exploded violently, I might have stood a chance of actually winning at BrikWars for once.

What does the S stand for?
ahp77
Jaw-Jaw

Postby doodstormer » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:05 pm

ahp77 wrote:

What does the S stand for?

It stands for Stupid People Asking Stupid Questions.
doodstormer
Cannon Fodder

Postby Rayhawk » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:51 pm

ahp77 wrote:
Mohawk wrote:What does the S stand for?

I believe this question is best answered by a Mr. E. Blackadder at about 1:40 into the following video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJsNd0NP_0U

Also note House's best role prior to playing House, and Rowan Atkinson's prescient invention of the Diebold electoral system towards the end of the clip.
Rayhawk
Overlord

Postby Cpt. Zipps » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:40 pm

my friends hero tried to rip the front off of my APC but then failed, had a hernia and was paralyzed for 2 turns only then to be skwished by the same APC
Cpt. Zipps
Playmobil

PreviousNext

Return to Reports From the Field