worlwide brikwar (idea)

Share your tales of battle and mayhem

Moderators: Moronstudios, Killer Karetsu

worlwide brikwar (idea)

Postby dilanski » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:09 pm

doodstormer wrote:Brikwars Forum Translator, at your service.

What dilanski wrote, translated into English by Doodstormer and paragraphs by that other guy now made to say he wrote:I want to run what I would call the greatest thing since the invention of forum battles. The idea is that every Brikwars forum member can choose an army to be part of, together with other forum members. You still get to make your own army, but it becomes a division of the larger army, and we would essentially have a WWBW (world wide Brikwar) every 3 months or so.

Non-biased judges will decide which army performed the best. Now it'll be nicely and effectively organized like the forum battles, every army will have a list of people who joined them and they should each have a division page on the forum or somewhere else to put their division up. Players could really go overboard with customization with logos and slogans etc.

Unfortunately the idea has one major setback: players must be part of different armies to compete and they must also be close together. That's why I'm running this poll to see if there are people in groups close together that can do this.

The games will have rules placed on them to make sure people don't cheat to get their faction higher rankings, such as "fairness" and "only forum members can take part", etc. Now this is just the 'foundation's foundation inspection' in a way and will require a lot of effort to work, but the idea of a real world wide Brikwar should make any seasoned Brikwarrior drool.

If you like the idea please comment, as I can't have two polls. If the poll works out then I will advance this to a beta equivalent, after that WWBW1 will commence.

After that, dilanski wrote:Never say impossible, ever. 5 years ago I said "No, I'll never have any Lego, so just forget about it." 3 years later, I had to draw a list and do long math I had so much Lego.

Anyway, it's not impossible at all, it just needs a lot of work. But if it's organized it will work, and as for understanding it... I'll sort that out.
(come on, you're Brikwarriors, you should be able to cope with the mind boggling complexity that makes most others soil themselves)

That'll be $5.95, plus tax.

Sorry, we spent the last of it building OneEye's subforum.
Admin of the New Brikwars Minecraft server, feel free to PM me regarding it. Ask for whitelist here!
Spoiler: show
dilanski
My Little Pony

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain & Subjugated Ireland

Postby IVhorseman » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:15 pm

dear christ, run-on sentences.

Also, paragraphs would be helpful.

I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to say, but what it SEEMS like is just a fancy, over-complicated way to do forum battles. I don't really follow.
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby smaket » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:31 pm

wha???
LOOK TO YOUR LEFT...or not
TROLOLO
smaket
BrikWars Legend

Postby birdman » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:34 pm

do you have that many legos?
birdman
Galidor

Postby pesgores » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:53 pm

6- PARAGRAPHS PLEASE

7- Good idea, of course, but almost impossible to acomplish (if I understood it well).
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
My official post number 1000 was "The whole battle?"
pesgores
The Dear Leader

Postby dilanski » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:20 am

never say impossible ever 5 year' ago i said "no i'll never have any lego so just forget about it" 3 year's later i had to draw a list and do long math i had so much.anyway it's not imposible at all it just need's lot of work but if it's organised it will work and as for understanding it i'll sort that out.
(come on your brikwarrior's you should be able to cope with the mind boggling complexity that makes most other's soil)
Admin of the New Brikwars Minecraft server, feel free to PM me regarding it. Ask for whitelist here!
dilanski
My Little Pony

Re: worlwide brikwar (idea)

Postby Arkbrik » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:15 am

For your pleasure:
dilanski almost wrote:I want run what i would call the greatest thing since the invention of forum battles. The idea is that every brikwars forum member can choose an army to be part of together with other forum members. You still get to make your own 'army', but it becomes more of a division of the larger army, and we have esentially a WWBW (world wide brikwar) at the end of every 3 months or so.

Non biased judges will decide which army performed the best. Now it'll be nicely and effectively organised like the forum battles, every army will have a list of people who joined them and they should each have a division page on the forum or somewhere else to put their division up. Players could really go overboard with customisation with logos and slogans etc.

Unfortunately the idea has one major setback: players must be part of diffferent armies to compete and be close together. That's why I'm running this poll to see if there are people in groups close together that can do this.

The games will have rules placed on them to make sure people don't cheat to get there faction higher rankings, such as fairness and only forum members can take part etc. Now this is just the 'foundation's foundation inspection' in a way and will require a lot of effort to work, but the idea of a real world wide brikwar should make any seasoned brikwarrior drool.

If you like the idea please comment as I can't have two polls. If the poll works out then i will advance this to a beta equivelant then after that let WWBW1 commence.
Remus: Harry... I'm a werewolf.
Harry: Are you fucking serious?
Remus: Well yes, but I don't see how that applies here.
Arkbrik
Pooplord

Postby pesgores » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:04 pm

dilanski wrote:never say impossible

pesgores wrote:almost impossible
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
pesgores
The Dear Leader

Postby doodstormer » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:41 pm

Brikwars Forum Translator, at your service.

What dilanski wrote, translated into English by Doodstormer and paragraphs by that other guy now made to say he wrote:I want to run what I would call the greatest thing since the invention of forum battles. The idea is that every Brikwars forum member can choose an army to be part of, together with other forum members. You still get to make your own army, but it becomes a division of the larger army, and we would essentially have a WWBW (world wide Brikwar) every 3 months or so.

Non-biased judges will decide which army performed the best. Now it'll be nicely and effectively organized like the forum battles, every army will have a list of people who joined them and they should each have a division page on the forum or somewhere else to put their division up. Players could really go overboard with customization with logos and slogans etc.

Unfortunately the idea has one major setback: players must be part of different armies to compete and they must also be close together. That's why I'm running this poll to see if there are people in groups close together that can do this.

The games will have rules placed on them to make sure people don't cheat to get their faction higher rankings, such as "fairness" and "only forum members can take part", etc. Now this is just the 'foundation's foundation inspection' in a way and will require a lot of effort to work, but the idea of a real world wide Brikwar should make any seasoned Brikwarrior drool.

If you like the idea please comment, as I can't have two polls. If the poll works out then I will advance this to a beta equivalent, after that WWBW1 will commence.

After that, dilanski wrote:Never say impossible, ever. 5 years ago I said "No, I'll never have any Lego, so just forget about it." 3 years later, I had to draw a list and do long math I had so much Lego.

Anyway, it's not impossible at all, it just needs a lot of work. But if it's organized it will work, and as for understanding it... I'll sort that out.
(come on, you're Brikwarriors, you should be able to cope with the mind boggling complexity that makes most others soil themselves)

That'll be $5.95, plus tax.
doodstormer
Cannon Fodder

Postby MasterEcabob » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:48 pm

Sounds like you're thinking about something like what Niffheim is working on, where each member makes a custom army and then a few brikwarriors get together and build something close to those armies and then have them fight each other.

Either that, or you basically just want to do a IRL BrikWar between two forum goers with members online controlling the teams.
jifel wrote:"Any fool can make something bigger and more dangerous, but it takes an intelligent man to do the opposite."

As if we care. More explosives!
MasterEcabob
Jaw-Jaw

Postby pesgores » Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:58 pm

MasterEcabob wrote:Sounds like you're thinking about something like what Niffheim is working on, where each member makes a custom army and then a few brikwarriors get together and build something close to those armies and then have them fight each other.

Either that, or you basically just want to do a IRL BrikWar between two forum goers with members online controlling the teams.

That would be the advanced form of Forum Battles, but it is too damn hard to accomplish.
pesgores
The Dear Leader

Postby tahthing » Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:06 pm

hmm something on that scale needs to be 1-2 minifigures per person since the field would have to be giant to fit whole armys.
might do a brikwars where each person has 2 figures, ill need to get baseplates *insert dramatic pause* lots of base plants.
"some people are like slinkies there really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs"
"Triangalism! What's the fuckin' point!"
I am the muffinman
tahthing
Mega Blok

Postby tahthing » Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:07 pm

tahthing wrote:hmm something on that scale needs to be 1-2 minifigures per person since the field would have to be giant to fit whole armys.
might do a brikwars where each person has 2 figures, ill need to get baseplates *insert dramatic pause* lots of base plants.

"some people are like slinkies there really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs"
"Triangalism! What's the fuckin' point!"
I am the muffinman
tahthing
Mega Blok

hmm

Postby lrdofbricks » Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:50 am

i actually like the idea as long as im not the one in charge of keeping everything in order online. i feel bad for you forum mod's!...must...start...uploading...army.
LEGION- fear it
the 100000 post- by me
"manliness= X(warhead+piltog)^2/James+burgandy"
lrdofbricks
Jaw-Jaw

Postby dilanski » Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:16 am

MasterEcabob wrote:Sounds like you're thinking about something like what Niffheim is working on, where each member makes a custom army and then a few brikwarriors get together and build something close to those armies and then have them fight each other.

i have no idea what niffheim is working on like Bonn-o-Tron. but before i have to shoot some one (and for pesgore's enjoyment in full paragraphical glory)

you play brikwar's just like normal ok you have normal brikwars get that into your head. but if you have say three people you often have brikwar's with, for the purpose of this we'll have player 1, player 2 and player 3, you'd each join a different army eg the galactic jamaican empire or the republic of blightly etc (thoose probably wont be the actual armies).

now your army is your own made by you etc but it become's more of a division eg the 23rd armoured or the 1st poo flinging division or the 9th redcoat division.

so if player 1 is part of the blighty army and player 2 part of the jamaican army (and in all honesty who wouldn't be)if player two wins it's a victory for the jamaican army and every four month's or so the army with the best performance wins that four month segment.

now there's more than that but i'll leave it at that before i give someon whiplash and get sued if there's an idea already out there like mine i'll just lock the post and apologise if you like the idea then please comment.
dilanski
My Little Pony

Next

Return to Reports From the Field