aircraft carrier.....help!

Share your tales of battle and mayhem

Moderators: Killer Karetsu, Moronstudios

aircraft carrier.....help!

Postby dilanski » Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:07 am

iv'e been building a prototype aircraft carrier im perfectly happy with the flight deck but from there down i hate it completely

i need help and tips for building the front iv'e tried replicating real aircraft carrier design's and it still looks terrible i need tips also i need help for aircraft designs but the wingspan can't bemore than 14 cm so please i need help urgently!
ImageImage
o/
dilanski
Now with added tractor fetish

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain & Subjugated Ireland

Postby Cpl. Halan » Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:09 am

maybe try using hinges or just switch 2x1's so one goes forward, one goes across. as for planes try using those huge slanted bricks(AKA http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/30249), I've used them and they're great
Cpl. Halan
Dimmy

Postby tahthing » Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:10 pm

yer those work awesomely for wings.
its a bit small for a aircraft carrier appears to only carrie one, two if it has no sleeping areas.

make it wider and longer, aircraft carriers are arses to build unless micro scale(person is half stud).
makeing it bigger is VERY expensive though.
"some people are like slinkies there really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs"
"Triangalism! What's the fuckin' point!"
Spoiler: show
I am the muffinman
tahthing
Mega Blok

Postby dilanski » Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:38 pm

tahthing wrote:yer those work awesomely for wings.
its a bit small for a aircraft carrier appears to only carrie one, two if it has no sleeping areas.

make it wider and longer, aircraft carriers are arses to build unless micro scale(person is half stud).

who's bothered about slppeping, anyway at an estimate i can fit 4 small planes maybe 6 if i fill the runway as for the scale i wanted it 'lego minifig scale' so thinking about it a it's perfect size andthis isn't supposed tobe a big ucs kind of build it's just gonna get blown up someday as i do intend to put it in a battle someday
ImageImage
o/
dilanski
Now with added tractor fetish

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain & Subjugated Ireland

Postby tahthing » Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:39 pm

dilanski wrote:
tahthing wrote:yer those work awesomely for wings.

who's bothered about slppeping, anyway at an estimate i can fit 4 small planes maybe 6 if i fill the runway as for the scale i wanted it 'lego minifig scale' so thinking about it a it's perfect size andthis isn't supposed tobe a big ucs kind of build it's just gonna get blown up someday as i do intend to put it in a battle someday

to give you a sence of how big aircraft carriers are heres the smallest:
http://www.freewebs.com/jeffhead/worldwideaircraftcarriers/naruebet.htm
"some people are like slinkies there really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs"
"Triangalism! What's the fuckin' point!"
Spoiler: show
I am the muffinman
tahthing
Mega Blok

Postby Shadow Metagross » Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:47 pm

Lolz at the ick.
If you as me, you should do something like the Sandcrawler from Lego, and use a similar SNOT technique.
Stop Laughing and contribute to society.
~SM

Postby Dragonfire666666 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:47 pm

It needs to be BIG.
TROLOLO
Dragonfire666666
Officer

Return to Reports From the Field