Necro-Brikwars

Share your tales of battle and mayhem

Moderators: Moronstudios, Killer Karetsu

Necro-Brikwars

Postby Gorchek » Tue May 12, 2009 11:11 am

Warning: the following battle was fought using the mutant ruleset offspring of Brikwars and Necromunda. Purist discretion is advised.

Most colonies of the underhive are protected by the merchant's guild. However, that protection is easily lost...
The Pink Minx, an gang of Escher, have angered the guild enough that their home colony lost it's protection. Two seperate gangs have learned the news before anyone else. The Knights, a Van Saar gang that had trouble with the Minx in the past, and the Plague Rats, a gang of ratskin outlaws looking for some quick looting.

Image Image

The knights approche the Minx's colony, sneaking around an old damage aircraft near the colony's wall. Above the main group, Omi accompanied Takeshi up an orange tower to get a better view of the battle field. The knights slowly moved foward, waiting impatiently for the Hayato, Ryo and Touma to open the gates. Lelouche suddenly called for a stop, as a strange chant began to echo through the dome. "...Ratskins. And it seems they're close..."
On the other side of the river, a large band of ratskin, the Plague Rats, were racing to reach the bridge to enter the colony. They too had heard that the Minx had fallen out of favors with the merchant, and the chance to loot a small colony whithout reprisal was too good to pass up. The horde decides to sacrifice stealth for speed, but even then, their talent for dicretion lets them reach the bridge unseen, even by the sentry standing on the bridge.
(The scenario's detection rules lets a mini see any foe within 2d6 inch, and I rolled a 4. Maybe the shaman's Ghost Dance was distracting her...)

With their ennemies still distracted, the Rats charge across the small bridge, attacking the sentry. But despite the surprise, the Minx managed to survive and sound the alarm!
Outside the barricade, the Knights wait for their infiltrators to open the main gate.
Despite her resistance, the Minx on the bridge is soon overwhelmed, before her leader's eyes.
But she wastes no time to avenge her, shooting one of the ratskins, while the ratskin's Sachem takes a direct hit from the gate's laser cannon.
Ryo reaches the gate's ladder, and as he start to climb, Ryo tries to shoot the guard. Tries being the key word here. "Crap! Battery slipped!" Hearing this, Hayato pauses his climb to shoot Ryo's target. He sees the girl duck her head, before signaling the knights position to the rest of the gang. Takeshi stands, and starts up his gattling... Only to stare in disbelief as the engine he spent so much time cleaning died with a few spark.
The Minx waste no time to reply to the horribly weak attack, and the missile launcher fires it's deadly payload straight at Lelouche and his team, knocking down both him and Hikaru, and scaring the others into cover. Even in his daze, Lelouche knows another hit like that will be enough to get his whole team running...
Touma dispaches the gate's guard and grabs the laser cannon's controles.
Hayato fends off the Minx approching the 'step tower'. Ryo desperatly tries to fit the battery back in his rifle, but to no avail, as another Minx aproches him.
Outside, one of the Minx decides to take the battle to the Knights. Even as Lelouche manages to shakes off the blast and rally his allies, he sees the girl rush out of the gate, stabbing a barely consious Hikaru.
On the other side, the Minx take the battle to the shaman with their giant spider.
But one of the girls learns why she should clean her gun better...

On the other side of the field, the ratskin's shaman and his two guard have to fight off the Minx's pet, a giant spider. But even as the rest of the horde advance and manages to defeat the Minx's leader...
...the shaman sees his battle is hopeless, and flees for his life...
...and proves that he doesn't have to outrun the spider, he only needs to outrun his bodyguard...

While the knights attempt to avenge their friend...
Touma turns the gate's laser against the Minx, in hope of forging a makeshift alliance with the Plague Rats. But in the end, the Rats are only good for one thing: cannon fodder.
(Actually, only one ratskin got injured by that missile. The other two victims were already down because their shotgun blew up...)
As he saw the Minx in front of him finaly stop moving, Lelouche tries to remove the missile threat once and for all. With one well placed plasma shot, the top of the white tower is engulfed in flames, as the missile launcher is destroyed.
But the damage is done, and the ratskins run back to their hole.

With the last heavy weapon under the Knight's controle, the final real threat was the giant spider.
But it was no match for the Minx's laser cannon.
Gathering their wounded, the Knights hurried to pick what loot they could, and left quickly before the other gangs arrived to carve their own piece of fortune out of the dying colony.
Gorchek
Officer

Postby tahthing » Tue May 12, 2009 11:17 am

I've tried small campain battles like this but using =I=Munda as a basis instead of Necromunda
=I=Munda is a Fan made version.
"some people are like slinkies there really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs"
"Triangalism! What's the fuckin' point!"
Spoiler: show
I am the muffinman
tahthing
Mega Blok

Postby Theblackdog » Wed May 13, 2009 6:03 am

Whoa, awesome battle. The level of action was great throughout.
Just one random act of violence can brighten your day. Especially if it involves explosives.
Theblackdog
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby birdman » Wed May 13, 2009 2:47 pm

nice, any chance of a ruleset?
birdman
Galidor

Postby Gorchek » Thu May 14, 2009 12:00 pm

I didn't actualy write most of it, since it's a solo game, and I'll keep changing things almost every game. But I can give you the general guidelines I use.

I use the normal necromunda rules for the campaign, the gangs creation, the moral, the target choices rules, and the "scratch" check when a character is hit. By the way, the rules are free at Game Workshops' site.

The mix begins in the character stats. I take the necromunda values, and double them to get the dice size. So, a standard ganger has a close combat skill and a ranged combat skill of 1d6. The character's endurance is used for his BW armor score, with a bonus for the necromunda armor rating (+1 for 6+, +2 for 5+). Hits and attacks are used as is.

The weapons follow the same pattern. The range remains the same, and the damage is the weapon's strength, plus the armor modifier (as in, a -1 modifier gives +1 damage). I might change that latter on to account for the damage rating, but it's already pretty deadly sometime...
The use rating is 4, modified for the weapon's precision bonus (or penality).
For example, the Lasgun used by the Knights has the following stats in necromunda:
Lasgun, rng 12"/24", to hit +1/-, str 3, save -1
And becomes:
Lasgun, rng 12"/24", UR 3/4, damage 1d6+1

That's pretty much it, really. Any other changes are mostly random event generated with Mythic.

tahthing wrote:I've tried small campain battles like this but using =I=Munda as a basis instead of Necromunda
=I=Munda is a Fan made version.

Sounds interesting. Do you have a link to it? I'm not sure how to put it in Google for the best result.
Gorchek
Officer

Return to Reports From the Field