Battle for the kitchen table (1st BatRep)

Share your tales of battle and mayhem

Moderators: Moronstudios, Killer Karetsu

Postby pesgores » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:22 pm

Yay I now know how to de-rail threads that I don't like. Even if it has nothing to do with the main topic!
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
My official post number 1000 was "The whole battle?"
pesgores
The Dear Leader

Postby All-knowing-ardvark » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:57 pm

pesgores wrote:Yay I now know how to de-rail threads that I don't like. Even if it has nothing to do with the main topic!

You know, you should start a fund for players who can't afford baseplates. At least our thread would be safe... :P
POIT!

I AM the grand Tronchator of Femur! Fear my wrath!
TROLOLO
All-knowing-ardvark
Champion

Postby pesgores » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:03 pm

All-knowing-ardvark wrote:
pesgores wrote:Yay I now know how to de-rail threads that I don't like. Even if it has nothing to do with the main topic!

You know, you should start a fund for players who can't afford baseplates. At least our thread would be safe... :P

Dude, if I were rich, I would buy every active gamer here 4 32x32 baseplates.
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
pesgores
The Dear Leader

Postby tahthing » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:30 pm

4 32x32 baseplates don't make much space.
"some people are like slinkies there really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs"
"Triangalism! What's the fuckin' point!"
Spoiler: show
I am the muffinman
tahthing
Mega Blok

Postby pesgores » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:34 pm

Ok, 10 and you have a long battlefield.
pesgores
The Dear Leader

Postby All-knowing-ardvark » Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:32 pm

I Played this game againts myself, just for those who are curious. It was fun, but not funny.

Also, I thought I had a title for a little while. Something like "demi-god of brikwars".
POIT!

TROLOLO
All-knowing-ardvark
Champion

Postby tahthing » Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:41 pm

yer you get auto-matic titles, but once you do something that defines you you get a new name.
"some people are like slinkies there really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs"
I am the muffinman
tahthing
Mega Blok

Postby Warhead » Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:21 pm

Or if you say something stupid that the mods find funny and take great pleasure in sending you up with. I like spiders... apparently.
Motherfucker!
Warhead
Blockguy

Postby Strana » Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:29 pm

base plates are quite nice and im pretty shure the green standard baseplates are cheaper than $8 of course could be monetary shift influencing projections. and actually it is slightly cheaper to get green baseplate compared to grey. because grey is 1.5 green base plate units long. although the worst for cost is the roads. i whish they kept the old standard, especially makes getting straight road peices aggravating, as you get 1 straight and one x intersection, DAMNED ANOYING
DARN
Heavy Destroyer Class Carrier Hybrid HODGEPODGE
# odds and ends: a motley assortment of things
# patchwork: a theory or argument made up of miscellaneous or incongruous ideas
Strana
Dimmy

Postby All-knowing-ardvark » Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:35 pm

I really like raised baseplates, but I can't find them anywhere for less than $12.
POIT!

TROLOLO
All-knowing-ardvark
Champion

Postby Funky Weasel » Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:55 pm

Keep an eye on eBay if you get a bit of cash together. If you do end up fancying a collection of baseplates it may take a while. Even one can be useful as a basis for buildings.

On the other hand *not* using baseplates can lead to a lot more flexibility - sometimes I think FloorWars captures the essence of old skool, harkening back to a time of innocence and lost childhood where every bookshelf, tabletop and chair were potential grounds for combat and conquest for terminally curious minifigs.

Telling people they need baseplates is like telling them they are not playing with enough BlackTRONs (for shame!) - it may be true, but it's bad form.

Oh well I love you gal
I love you Peggy Sue
CONGRATULATIONS - you just WON The Game FOREVER. Or you can carry on being a humourless nugget - your call.
TROLOLO
Funky Weasel
Officer

Postby tahthing » Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:06 am

yer for wrecked-urban battles base plates make it look worst.
I am the muffinman
tahthing
Mega Blok

Postby pesgores » Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:18 am

How do you do the roads then?
pesgores
The Dear Leader

Postby Blitzen » Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:11 pm

Warhead wrote:Or if you say something stupid that the mods find funny and take great pleasure in sending you up with. I like spiders... apparently.

Only Rayhawk can change a person's rank. All Benny an I can do is fiddle with the topics in our own forum.
Often, literally, a pillow fight but may include similar situations like volleyball, particularly when wardrobe is skimpy and the action is bouncy.
Blitzen
Distinguished Owner of the English Language

Postby Rody » Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:27 pm

james+burgundy wrote:yeah, base plates are lame-o. I mean: I love it when I have to spend five minutes setting up guys, because there are no studs for them to stick to and they fall over or when I hit the table and everyone falls down because once again there are no studs to hold them. FOOL! base plates rock. You are a worse dimmy than me rody. Stop being a snob.

I put my minifigs on stands, so they don't fall over.
please excuse me for my personal preferences.
Act first, then think, then try to find a way to cover up the horrible mess you made.
Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Rody
My Little Pony

PreviousNext

Return to Reports From the Field