Battle for the Brikipelago

Share your tales of battle and mayhem

Moderators: Moronstudios, Killer Karetsu, Zupponn

Postby Rayhawk » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:37 pm

I always wonder whether I should make a special rule about alliances. On the one hand, I don't want to restrain players too much, but on the other, alliances can sure drain the life out of a game. Something like "if two players form an alliance not dictated by the scenario, every player rolls 1d10 each time they begin a turn. On a 1, the allies are disgusted with each other and become archenemies."

A similar disgust rule could be used for troops hiding behind defensive fortifications (again, dependent on the requirements of the scenario).

Or maybe Disgust could be a condition. Once an army is Disgusted, at the end of any turn in which they don't kill something, 1d6 troops are overtaken by convulsive vomiting.
Rayhawk
Overlord

Postby Carda » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:30 am

I might do something along that line next game, actually, because it was totally unfair to the guy sitting between the two allied teams. His hero got lucky for a couple of turns (sniper shots and the like just kind of pinged off the rocks around him) but they eventually nailed him with their united front.

Actually, next game I'll just say something along the lines of "Well, in our last game these two factions hadn't realized that they were mortal enemies until they got close enough to see each other, and this time they refuse to have anything to do with each other. Besides senseless killing, that is."
Bravo 13th: A Lego webcomic

http://lessthan3.netraptor.org/bravo13th/
Carda
Officer

Previous

Return to Reports From the Field