My first victory in months

Share your tales of battle and mayhem

Moderators: Moronstudios, Zupponn, Killer Karetsu

Mohawk
Champion
Champion

My first victory in months

Post by Mohawk » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:46 pm

I've had battles with Professor Ken several times before, but I always seem to lose to him (possibly because I suck at BrikWars). But now, a victory has emerged!

As you can see, both Professor Ken and I used 6 units each. We played on a small board. Both of us used fairly random units, but one of my guys was a random skeleton in a coffin. Screamy (the only living guy in the picture) wheeled him around at half speed, trying to crush his enemies under the coffin's weight.

I killed one of Ken's figures first, but he quickly regained the upper hand with the blaster of his Frenchman, who kept on running backwards instead of fighting honorably (but then again, he's French). At one point, his gun jammed on a skill roll of 1, then turned out to be working properly after all (another 1) before finally exploding on its next user, my Obi-Wan (yet a third 1 -- and these all happened in a row)

In the meantime, the skeleton in the coffin was eventually wheeled close enough to C-3P0, who wielded his heavy club with prodigious skill, crushing a random figure of mine, the Skeleton (who fell, dismembered, back into the coffin before shutting the door), plus one of Ken's figures through massive Overkill, before his hand fell off from the strain.

Eventually it was down to just the dismembered droid and Screamy, who finally hit someone with the coffin, rolling enough 6s to smash the coffin open and shred C-3PO with skeleton shards, ending the short skirmish.
They don't call me 'Darth' Mohawk just 'cause I tell 'em to!

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:52 pm

All Hail Screamy, Champion of Mohawk!

Zahru II
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...

Post by Zahru II » Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:23 pm

Cheers mate!
My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE

Professor Ken
Officer

Post by Professor Ken » Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:24 pm

Yeah, that's what was kind of weird. I expected C3-PO to be my first casualty, but he turned out to be not only a surprisingly good warrior (he managed his skill rolls for that huge club three times in a row!) but my last man standing. Oh, the sickening irony.

Mohawk also messed up describing the fiasco with the Frenchman's gun. The turn after the weapon quit, the Frenchman decided to go all Foreign Legion on the guy who was chasing him and attempted to beat him with the gun's butt. Unfortunately, the gun was not out of ammunition and he accidentally blew his own head off (the damage roll was well over twelve on a 1d6 weapon!). Yes, that gun did claim more holders than targets on its lethal tally!

Screamy is a champion, for sure, although typically his area of specialty is "horrible death" more than "victory".
Were it that simple...