Taking Back Briksville!

Share your tales of battle and mayhem

Moderators: Moronstudios, Zupponn, Killer Karetsu

morganm
Dimmy

Taking Back Briksville!

Post by morganm » Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:35 pm

Preface: My son and I had a blast with our first QuikWar! I took some pictures as we went and thought I'd share them. He commanded a band of orcs, 2 stone golems, and led by a rock giant which had just pillaged a town. I commanded a knight and his merry men sent to dispatch these monsters and take the town back! It was a lot of fun watching him build his minifigs and all of the crazy things he came up with during the game.

Battle Report:
Runners came in weeks ago with hastily written notes describing first that a band of orcs lead by a monstrous rock giant were pillaging through the outlying farms of Briksville. The last note declared the village was being overrun!

Baron Von'Lionhair was dispatched with a small squad of men to take back the village. They made their way through a forest just outside Briksville which ended at a small river and large rocky outcropping.

Across the narrow path over the river they spotted the gigantic rock monster with two stone golems riding atop his boulderous shoulders.... but where were the orcs?

Being no stranger to the simple tricks played by orcs, Baron Von'Lionhair suspected they were hiding amongst the trees just before the river!

With a mighty roar from the rock giant the battle was on!

The Baron's men moved forward cautiously searching as they went for any signs of an ambush. The rock giant scooped up a huge boulder, reared back, and hurled it toward the approaching soldiers.

Luck was with Von'Lionhair's men! The boulder fell short of them and crashed into the trees.

The orcs stood their ground despite nearly being smashed by their own leader! Behind the trees they waited for manflesh...

From atop the rock giant sprang his two stone minions and they charged across the narrow path which spanned the river; eager meet the awaiting soft skinned men! The rock giant began to roar and shake; using some sort of dark magik he attempted to levitate his boulder in an effort summon it back! Baron Von'Lionhair would not let it be so; he pointed his magic sword at the boulder and broke the telekinetic link causing the boulder to fall into a small raft on the river.

Soldiers made their way from tree to tree and saw orcs attempting to hide amongst the next group of trees. They counter attacked the ambush and finally steel clashed with steel; the battle was at hand! The first casualties were among the orcs.

Their ambush had failed! This sent the forces of evil into a panic. The rock giant sprang into action, lept into the river, and began making his way toward the battle. An orc mage sought out higher ground on the rock outcropping in order to get clear shots with his magik wands.

The Baron was eager to prove himself and charged forth into the skirmish near the river. He easily made short work of a stone golem that tried to flee into the river!

Things were not looking well for the orcs and rock monsters. Their hero knew they needed help, and fast! The giant let out a bellowing roar. Crashing through the wall of a near by building an ogre charged forth toward the river!

The Baron's soldiers charged toward the outcropping as the rock giant started to climb up onto it and the other orcs scrambled to the top of it. Outraged that his brother had been slain; the other stone golem charged the back of Baron Von'Lionhair!

Two soldiers used their long reaching polearms to knock down the orc mage from his perch and finished him on the ground. The rock giant again tried to summon his boulder back but once more the Baron thwarted his attempt; causing it to crash into the trees below.

A distracted Baron was left open for attack. Seizing the opportunity a stone golem burst forth, attacked the Baron, and in his rage ripped off his head and threw him into the river!

"For our lord!" shouted the soldiers as they scrambled up the outcropping and sunk their weapons deep into his rocky hide. Pushing hard they flung him from the outcropping to a crashing death! Retribution as swift...

In an attempt to flee back to the ogre; the green stone golem lept into a raft and navigated back to the other side of the river. The Baron's men would not let him escape so easily; they were bent on revenge! Charging accross the path they met the golem as he jumped onto the dock. Polearms, swords, and crossbolts descended with vengeance upon the golem... he stood no chance.

All of the soldiers closed in on the ogre and made short work of him. Briksville was saved! It's fair citizens can now begin rebuilding and getting back to life as normal... for now...
Last edited by morganm on Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

MicVash
Officer

Post by MicVash » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:18 pm

Looks like some good fun! Those Power Miner monsters are perfect for medieval/fantasy golems. I reccomend slightly downsizing your pics though, maybe to even 600 pixels wide so it's easier to get a look at the whole picture without scrolling down

Jbgarrison
Minifig

Post by Jbgarrison » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:02 am

Great looking town! (no McDonalds though, doesn't every town have a McDonalds?)

Killer Karetsu
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Killer Karetsu » Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:45 am

I wish that I would have a father who likes to do things with legos...
NO!THERE ARE NO POLAR BEARS IN FINLAND!!!

dragonslayer15
Champion
Champion

Post by dragonslayer15 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:54 pm

Killer Karetsu wrote:I wish that I would have a father who likes to do things with legos...
Same but i had my whole family play once..it twas awesome!
life completion equation is.. Legos+Girls+food+ video games=Life.. yep all you need

Cpt. Zipps
Mega Blok

Post by Cpt. Zipps » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:44 am

Those are beautiful pics but bright, very good quality though

Zahru II
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...

Post by Zahru II » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:53 am

Well that was fun.

Also I'm jealous, everyone has medieval market village except me.
My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE