BrikWars at Harry Potter Experience Borlänge 2012

Share your tales of battle and mayhem

Moderators: Moronstudios, Killer Karetsu

Re: BrikWars at Harry Potter Experience Borlänge 2012

Postby IVhorseman » Sun May 13, 2012 3:01 pm

Arkbrik wrote:Ever tried playing BrikWars for almost six hours, almost straight? And constantly explaining the game?

Oh man, I have totally been on there when it had not been worth it at all. It turns out there actually exist people who are bad at brikwars!
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby sjosten » Sun May 13, 2012 11:14 pm

Yes, for the true enemy of BrikWars is not dimmies, jaw jaws, or trolls, but the accursed Anorak.
Han Solo wrote: Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side kid.
sjosten
Minifig

Postby IVhorseman » Mon May 14, 2012 6:22 pm

I once tried explaining Redshirting to someone with hilariously bad results.

I was playing with a friend and his girlfriend, and he had shot an assault rifle at her hero and hit twice or something like that. To my best memory, the exact words I had said to her were "Alright, so your hero's about to take some damage, and probably a lot of it. Your options right now are to either take it like a man (which you are not, haha) and hope your hero's armor roll will save him, or have this guy who's only an inch away jump in front of the shot and probably die." Basically, all I wanted to get across was that while it was possible that her hero would survive the damage, it was probably much smarter to redshirt.

Now, at this point I notice that she was upset. Like, about to cry upset. And she asks me "What do you mean I'm not a man?"

So here's where I start smacking my hand to my forehead, and had to explain the next couple minutes to her that she was, in fact, a woman and that "like a man" is just a figure of speech, but still in tears, she decides not to red shirt. Both of us had to explain to her how likely her hero was to die from the shot, and she finally decided to red shirt.

She spent the rest of the game complaining about how violent the game was, and I sat there dumbfounded wondering how my friend thought she would like brikwars at all.
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby IX_Legion » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:40 pm

IVhorseman wrote:And she asks me "What do you mean I'm not a man?"

Gender identification issues?
This should be in the Rulebook somewhere:

"Any problem on earth can be solved with the careful application of high explosives"
-Valkyrie (the movie)
IX_Legion
Minifig

Previous

Return to Reports From the Field