Luchardsko Fleet-Scylla Dreadnought Added

Not Lego but still Lego.

Moderator: The Shadowscythe

Falk
Oh no whatever will we do without the buttplugs

Luchardsko Fleet-Scylla Dreadnought Added

Post by Falk » Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:08 am

This is a compilation of all the ships i've built in the past couple months, they are all new designs based off of this and this, plus Scythe and dilanski's microspace stuff, mostly.

New Stuff

The LSF Remus, a Scylla-class Dreadnought is the largest ship currently fielded by the Empire of Luchardsko, measuring over 130 studs and comprising of 6,100 pieces, this behemoth can take on almost any dreadnought and come out on top.

The main weapons of the Scylla-class consist of 2 Gatling Gauss cannons, capable of destroying large moons or entire continents. Imagine something like this but much more devastating.

The Gatling Gauss cannons run almost completely through the ship, allowing them to have a large velocity when exiting the barrel.

The Scylla's secondary armaments consist of 22 dual light Gauss cannons, each capable of taking on destroyers or cruisers on their own, or even battleships when working in pairs or triplets. For defense against small ships and fighters, the Scylla-class is equipped with around 160 tri-barreled laser cannons as well as 52 quad missile tubes, each capable of launching BT missiles of various types or drop-pods for boarding or planetary assault.

The belly of the Scylla-class is used to store anything from fighters to gunships, which can be used to defend the ship, attack other ships or bring troops to planetary surfaces if the need arises.

Ugly engines that I'm planning on changing sooner or later.

Older Stuff:
Spoiler
Show
With the ramping up of the AN-TA war, Luchardsko FleetCom approved the usage of captured technology from wreckage of destroyed Scythian, Praetorian and USA ships.

The first ship class of new design, the Vanguard class Cruiser, was a success, however it wasn't equipped with many weapons and still had many technical problems when tested in the field. The cannons, upgraded with Preatorian tech, had a faster firing rate, but the generator was not sufficiently large, even with the adapting of Scythian Generators to use BT instead of Anti-Matter. The engines and shields were however, much better than on the older ships.

The second class, developed right after the unveiling of the Vanguard class, was a dedicated carrier, sorely needed by the fleet, as before the fighters and other craft were carried on battleships and destroyers, instead of carriers, which FleetCom reffered to as a waste of resources. Fleet Com decided to give them a try in order to test revisions to the upgraded tech. Thus the Guardian class Light Carrier was born

It soon became apparent that the system for launching craft was ineficient and a new system was devised. The Ranger class Carrier was fitted with the new launching system, a catapult, rather than a tunnel for ships to fly out on their own. The ship is not equipped with many weapons, so it is usually in formation with other ships to provide it protection.

FleetCom still wanted a ship capable of carrying smaller craft, but also defending itsel against battleships and to a slight degree even larger craft. The designers added anti ship missiles, who's design was taken from Scythian ships an long with the now standard tri barrelled cannon and rail cannons.

The heavy hitter is however the Firestorm class Heavy Battleship, which was made specifically for attacking large capital ships, or in groups even taking on Dreadnoughts.
If anyone has any ideas for a medium between all cannons and all missiles, please tell me, I'm out of ideas.

This is a frigate I made to go with my older ships, but never posted it.

I present Luchardsko's first Dreadnought, the Chimera class. While maybe not measuring up to the Scythian Deity or Praetorian Exodus, it can still hold it's own with it's massive firepower and powerful shields. Even though it doesn't feature a super laser or missiles, it is still a force to be reckoned with on any battlefield.

So yeah, I've finally made a Super. It only has aprox. 2300 pieces, and no laser, but I'm still satisfied, since I've been trying for a couple years now to make one.

More pics:

Top view

Hangar entrance

Bridge and heavy cannon close-up
That's all the stuff I have for now, I will update the topic when I make some more ships.
Last edited by Falk on Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BrikWars 2010 Rules wrote:BrikWars ... stands in pretty direct opposition to many fundamental elements of the LEGO® philosophy, such as "Not Teaching Kids How Funny It Is to Set People on Fire."
Empire of Luchardsko WIP wiki page

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Re: Luchardsko Fleet

Post by Silverdream » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:43 pm

Those are some really pretty ships.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

Silent-sigfig
can you feel me?

Post by Silent-sigfig » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:43 am

The frigate is my favorite
BFenix wrote:
Silent-sigfig wrote: :dog:
Coolest 1000th post ever :D

Falk

Post by Falk » Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:38 pm

This is a compilation of all the ships i've built in the past couple months, they are all new designs based off of this and this, plus Scythe and dilanski's microspace stuff, mostly.

New Stuff

I present Luchardsko's first Dreadnought, the Chimera class. While maybe not measuring up to the Scythian Deity or Praetorian Exodus, it can still hold it's own with it's massive firepower and powerful shields. Even though it doesn't feature a super laser or missiles, it is still a force to be reckoned with on any battlefield.

So yeah, I've finally made a Super. It only has aprox. 2300 pieces, and no laser, but I'm still satisfied, since I've been trying for a couple years now to make one.

More pics:
Spoiler
Show

Top view

Hangar entrance

Bridge and heavy cannon close-up
I have one more largish ship to post, just need to finish rendering the main pic, so it should be up tomorrow. Actually it will probably end up being in a year or so, considering my track record of posting when I said I would :D
Last edited by Falk on Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
BrikWars 2010 Rules wrote:BrikWars ... stands in pretty direct opposition to many fundamental elements of the LEGO® philosophy, such as "Not Teaching Kids How Funny It Is to Set People on Fire."

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:43 pm

Excellent ship. Just in time too.
Image lol j/k

Vami IV
blah blah swastikas kkk look how edgy I am
blah blah swastikas kkk look how edgy I am

Post by Vami IV » Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:40 am

I can't wait to see the carnage that'll ensue at Bavaria. This is gonna be great.

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:04 pm

I like that tri-barreled cannon. It looks really cool when you have a ton of them on a ship.

loafofcheese
Cannon Fodder

Post by loafofcheese » Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:15 pm

I really prefer a fuckton of small guns to two or three huge ones.
Only problem with silver bullets is the price of silver.

Falk

Post by Falk » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:59 pm

loafofcheese wrote:I really prefer a fuckton of small guns to two or three huge ones.
Why not both?

The LSF Remus, a Scylla-class Dreadnought is the largest ship currently fielded by the Empire of Luchardsko, measuring over 130 studs and comprising of 6,100 pieces, this behemoth can take on almost any dreadnought and come out on top.

The main weapons of the Scylla-class consist of 2 Gatling Gauss cannons, capable of destroying large moons or entire continents. Imagine something like this but much more devastating.

The Gatling Gauss cannons run almost completely through the ship, allowing them to have a large velocity when exiting the barrel.

The Scylla's secondary armaments consist of 22 dual light Gauss cannons, each capable of taking on destroyers or cruisers on their own, or even battleships when working in pairs or triplets. For defense against small ships and fighters, the Scylla-class is equipped with around 160 tri-barreled laser cannons as well as 52 quad missile tubes, each capable of launching BT missiles of various types or drop-pods for boarding or planetary assault.

The belly of the Scylla-class is used to store anything from fighters to gunships, which can be used to defend the ship, attack other ships or bring troops to planetary surfaces if the need arises.

Ugly engines that I'm planning on changing sooner or later.

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Re: Luchardsko Fleet-Scylla Dreadnought Added

Post by Theblackdog » Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:02 pm

This has to be one of my favorite LDD dreadnoughts. I really like the shape and color scheme (as with all Luchardsko ships) and the weapons are brilliantly designed and built.

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:43 pm

This is awesome, well done.
Image lol j/k

cleanupcrew
Catastrophe Magnet

Post by cleanupcrew » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:49 pm

I'm impressed you got that damn POVray program to work on a 6,000-piece model.

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:18 am

I'm absolutely loving the light Gauss turrets and the sloping. And the engines, even if not completed yet, are pretty great too.

Falk

Post by Falk » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:06 pm

Thanks guys!
Colette wrote:I'm impressed you got that damn POVray program to work on a 6,000-piece model.
Why, are you having problems with it? It did take about 12 hours to render though.

mercury19
different
Location: The dark corners of my brooding, angst filled mind.

Post by mercury19 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:09 pm

I just realized how much dakka there is on those things! :shock: I'd say everything looks awesome.
Ask now what I'm doing, even for me :mystery:

Tzan wrote:
"The frontiers of space are a giant sausage fest." ~ Admiral Ackbar

http://brikwars.com/wiki/index.php?titl ... han_Empire the Avokhan article