Civilian Ships

Not Lego but still Lego.

Moderator: The Shadowscythe

Civilian Ships

Postby Colette » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:51 am

So I decided to go build some civilian ships, as a diversion from the typical dreadnought madness.

The first one is a small Trattorian freighter. Most major Trattorian shipping corporations use larger models, but smaller companies and startups favor these.

The second is an AMScythia antimatter transport.

AMScythia is a huge antimatter conglomerate, generating more revenue than some entire star empires. Once a startup founded by some enterprising physicists a few centuries ago, it then monopolized the Scythian market for antimatter, before venturing outward and dominating the entire brikverse's antimatter trade. To keep up with demand, the corporation built dreadought-sized transports each capable of carrying 72 giant canisters of antimatter. A column of 42 military-grade shield generators run through the spine of each one, to protect their obviously volatile cargo. These are not absolute restrictions, however- depending on the circumstance, one could add or subtract canister-modules from the ship.

As can be seen, these transports are larger than some dreadnoughts, thus demonstrating the wealth and the might of the AMScythia conglomerate.
Because everything's better with math...and firepower.
Colette
I for one personally welcome clown face bologna

Re: Civilian Ships

Postby The Shadowscythe » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:23 pm

Dat ship, she has a fat ass.

-- WARNINK -- LINK BELOW IZ KNOWN TO CAUZE HEMMORAGE --
Spoiler: show

I WARNED YOU, DIDN'T I WARN YOU?! BLAME RAYHAWK DAMNIT.
The Shadowscythe
The Brikwars Trickster God.

Re: Civilian Ships

Postby Colette » Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:19 pm

More commonly used by the major Trattorian corporations, the Laissez-faire class freighter outsizes nearly all other civilian ships, and most military ones as well. The massive containers it hauls around allow for greater flexibility in shipping, either through packing together large amounts of smaller containers, or transporting large objects whole such as capital ship components or giant mecha. Although they are notorious for their shoddy construction and tendency to unexpectedly fall apart, the gains in efficiency still make the Laissez-faire profitable.

The Laissez-faire is bigger than the Praetorian Exodus (not pictured) and dwarfs the Trattorian Athenia, both respectably-sized dreadnoughts.
Because everything's better with math...and firepower.
Colette
I for one personally welcome clown face bologna

Return to LDD Forum