Microspace model scales.

Not Lego but still Lego.

Moderator: The Shadowscythe

Microspace model scales.

Postby Maverick » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:16 am

I have (after looking at several threads) got the impression that several microspace scales exist. Halp plz?
Think I'm stupid? Well then check out this:
Spoiler: show
Overwatch_Elite wrote:well THEN STOP HAVING SUCH AN ENLIGHTENED BRAIN geeze this place isn't for smart people such as yourself

Silvawards wrote:Most intelligent
Nominees
-Colette
-Maverick
-Samuelzz10
Winner: Maverick
Maverick
Wanted something that rhymes with "Mandalore" but I think "pandawhore shitsnorkeler" Does the job. And then some more.
Wanted something that rhymes with "Mandalore" but I think "pandawhore shitsnorkeler" Does the job. And then some more.

Location: Denmark, the land where the mighty bricks were first forged.

Re: Microspace model scales.

Postby Quantumsurfer » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:35 pm

Apparently, there is no set scale for our little corner of microspace. There are .lxf files on the old wiki you could download and load up in LDD that could help you build comparable to certain other builders. For example, I think Scythe has a diverse shipyard over there. That's the primary reason I built my fighters for Gunnar-Grim and Ketir-Iah in 2 microscales. The first one I built to my own scale, the second I built for inclusion in other forum microspace battles whenever I get around to having a viable fleet.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Postby Silverdream » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:57 pm

Quantumsurfer wrote:Apparently, there is no set scale for our little corner of microspace. There are .lxf files on the old wiki you could download and load up in LDD that could help you build comparable to certain other builders. For example, I think Scythe has a diverse shipyard over there. That's the primary reason I built my fighters for Gunnar-Grim and Ketir-Iah in 2 microscales. The first one I built to my own scale, the second I built for inclusion in other forum microspace battles whenever I get around to having a viable fleet.

I think he's talking about Warhead scale and Scythe scale.

mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby Colette » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:53 pm

This is my scale anyway.

You can also compare Scythe's mini Assyrian SONKS cruiser with the fig scale model.
Because everything's better with math...and firepower.
Colette
I for one personally welcome clown face bologna

Postby Theblackdog » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:52 am

There's also Brag scale, which is probably the smallest.
Just one random act of violence can brighten your day. Especially if it involves explosives.

Theblackdog
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby dilanski » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:07 pm

The idea of a scale went out the window years ago, I'm not even kidding, I'd link the topics but I don't have the time to go deep forum diving. Even within a builders own catalogue there may be scale discrepancies. A quick example is Scythe's Assyrian corvette, versus his Monarch Mk I class, if you read over his Border Patrol short, I think you could safely agree the implied scale for things like hangar bays is way off compared to the known scale of a Assyrian Corvette. If a builder says X ship is Y long, then that's the truth. Does this make scale wars irrelevant? No, but what it does do is mandate is the dropping of ship size being the biggest factor in a ships capability.
ImageImage
o/
dilanski
Now with added tractor fetish

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain & Subjugated Ireland

Postby Quantumsurfer » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:38 pm

I could see that. I haven't even built that much in LDD yet and I've already run up against my own scale. I have decided, then, to build what I think is cool and be done with it. I rebuilt those fighters to be of a comparable scale but I see the wisdom in this. I sense that that way lies madness, and creative restriction (which is madness). I'll probably build my fighters to two scales, generally, to keep with theme and to help show newcomers that multiple scales is a-ok.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Postby Maverick » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:50 am

Quantumsurfer wrote:I could see that. I haven't even built that much in LDD yet and I've already run up against my own scale. I have decided, then, to build what I think is cool and be done with it. I rebuilt those fighters to be of a comparable scale but I see the wisdom in this. I sense that that way lies madness, and creative restriction (which is madness). I'll probably build my fighters to two scales, generally, to keep with theme and to help show newcomers that multiple scales is a-ok.

I haven't encountered any scale problems. Except maybe my fighters are the size of small gunboats. Oh, wait that IS a problem.
Think I'm stupid? Well then check out this:
Overwatch_Elite wrote:well THEN STOP HAVING SUCH AN ENLIGHTENED BRAIN geeze this place isn't for smart people such as yourself

Silvawards wrote:Most intelligent
Nominees
-Colette
-Maverick
-Samuelzz10
Winner: Maverick
Maverick

Location: Denmark, the land where the mighty bricks were first forged.

Return to LDD Forum