For Great Justice, Part One: Tower of Justice

Not Lego but still Lego.

Moderator: The Shadowscythe

Re: For Great Justice, Part One: Tower of Justice

Postby Quantumsurfer » Thu May 01, 2014 12:57 am

I also meant to say that I have no idea what a Grimlock curse is. I went for it based solely on your description, transformer.

I also meant to say that Blanco's guns are inactive as Heroic Weapons. You can still pick them up and channel phasic energy through them, now giving you the ability to use Phasic SN dice as damage enhancers but the guns don't have any damage of their own and no longer provide the Heroic bonus.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Postby Silverdream » Thu May 01, 2014 1:37 am

I meant for Snake Yellow to attack the headhunter, but I suppose I was pretty vague in my PM.

Anyways, I think that half undead should be an advantage and a disadvantage. Maybe +1 to armour and -1 to speed as less stuff is likely to kill Mr. Daggers, but at the same time he's more likely to rot.

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby The Shadowscythe » Thu May 01, 2014 1:46 am

With the realisation that green can smash through FUCKING WALLS I feel a great deal of fear for my safety in another corridor.
-- WARNINK -- LINK BELOW IZ KNOWN TO CAUZE HEMMORAGE --

I WARNED YOU, DIDN'T I WARN YOU?! BLAME RAYHAWK DAMNIT.
The Shadowscythe
The Brikwars Trickster God.

Postby Quantumsurfer » Thu May 01, 2014 2:40 am

Silverdream wrote:I meant for Snake Yellow to attack the headhunter, but I suppose I was pretty vague in my PM.

Anyways, I think that half undead should be an advantage and a disadvantage. Maybe +1 to armour and -1 to speed as less stuff is likely to kill Mr. Daggers, but at the same time he's more likely to rot.

Sorry. I thought I had it right. My bad.

I had the same general thought. As it stands, you're requesting a slight armor boost. If no one challenges with a but also, I'll counter with a -1 to speed (due to rot) or a -1 to skill (due to the fact that he's a little dumber now).

The Shadowscythe wrote:With the realisation that green can smash through FUCKING WALLS I feel a great deal of fear for my safety in another corridor.

HAHAHA.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Postby Zupponn » Thu May 01, 2014 1:23 pm

Quantumsurfer wrote:
The Shadowscythe wrote:With the realisation that green can smash through FUCKING WALLS I feel a great deal of fear for my safety in another corridor.

HAHAHA.

I love it. I love it. I love it.
Zupponn
No Lego part truly dies
No Lego part truly dies

Postby transformerj » Thu May 01, 2014 7:54 pm

I should have explained my curse better. I thought you would have gotten the straight grab from the sorcerers apprentice movie.
GrimLock Curse, placed on an object with a lid, cap, door..... when opened the opener gets sucked inside the object regardless of size, strength and abilities.
They are trapped inside for 10 years before they have a chance at escape.
transformerj
Officer

Postby Quantumsurfer » Thu May 01, 2014 9:52 pm

Oh, Ok. I know what you mean now. I saw that movie once. I liked it but I forgot about that.

It's ok, though. That kind of thing is well and truly beyond the power of 2d6 SN dice. That's really more of a Heroic Feat. And even then, I'd feel inclined to mitigate its power somewhat. Maybe lock them up for a turn, giving you time to take aim and blow the thing apart. Or allow opposing feats to counter it.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Postby transformerj » Thu May 01, 2014 10:06 pm

Quantumsurfer wrote:Oh, Ok. I know what you mean now. I saw that movie once. I liked it but I forgot about that.

It's ok, though. That kind of thing is well and truly beyond the power of 2d6 SN dice. That's really more of a Heroic Feat. And even then, I'd feel inclined to mitigate its power somewhat. Maybe lock them up for a turn, giving you time to take aim and blow the thing apart. Or allow opposing feats to counter it.

Obviously not for ten years but ya a turn or two
Speaking of hero, do the hunters have one
transformerj
Officer

Postby Quantumsurfer » Thu May 01, 2014 11:58 pm

Nope. Not yet, anyway.

With their 2d6 SN dice and pistol, they come out to 15 CP each, for a 45 CP team.

Each of the other teams started with a Hero (with hand wpn and short rng) for 16 CP, a medik with pistol for 9 CP, a pathfinder with two hand wpns for 9 CP, and a shotgunner for 8 CP, for 42 CP teams. Given the slight advantage, I called for the Hunters to need their pistols to actually be able to use the second SN die and called it even.

Orange, however, screwed you royally by splitting you up. There will be opportunities to earn a Hero, though. Primarily by doing awesome and successful things. Which you've been doing so far. I've enjoyed reading your orders heretofore so, assuming survival, I can see it happening soonish.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Postby Quantumsurfer » Thu May 08, 2014 1:21 pm

I need Blue Orders for 14.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Postby Brikguy0410 » Thu May 08, 2014 2:16 pm

My orders are in
Brikguy0410
Official Forum Science and History Expert

Postby Quantumsurfer » Thu May 15, 2014 12:50 am

Sorry, sorry. I'm working on Fourteen. I'm having to do it in segments. Mother's Day and now I'm sick. But we're still going here, no worries. I'll try to have it up in the next few days.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Postby Quantumsurfer » Sat May 17, 2014 11:28 pm

Honestly, I'm not sure how more of you aren't decimated at this point. I mean, sure, I've built in longevity measures and I designed the map to increase tactical play but still. My dice favor you all, for the most part. I'm still having fun, though, so let's do:

Round Fourteen

Extras: Each team will earn +1 CP at the end of Round Fourteen. I have decided that enemy Hero kills are worth 2 kill points instead of 1. Accordingly, both the Headhunters and the Greys will be awarded +1 Kills retroactively.

Yellow Turn 14a
Yellow Team wins the bid for Firebeard! (Yellow spends 5CP). Firebeard sprints across the top of the Quad, leaving a fire trail behind him to slow the Ice Zombie down. He may ascend to the next level on during Round Fifteen.

Extras Turn 14a
The Ice Zombie turns and releases a cone of cold to douse the flames and freeze the area solid.

Extras Turn 14b
Some zombies move very quickly toward the nearest prey and some shuffle very slowly.

Zombies use a Stumble d6 for their movement when alone. When gathered into a horde of two or more, they can rely on one another for balance and become a little more frightening, moving a consistent 6 Inches a turn. Zombies may never sprint, however. Zombies are also a little tougher to kill, as we’ll see in a moment.

Extras Turn 14c
The First Zombie moves toward his exit like an oncoming plague. He looks to be gathering speed. The other zombies finish putting themselves together, again with some being more successful than others, and begin shambling more or less toward the ladders in the Quad.

Extras Turn 14d
The Oni rides forward and decapitates a blue zombie that has wandered his way.

Blue Turn 14a
The Oni’s attack, miraculously, does not kill the zombie and it stumbles about without its noggin. Blue wins the bid for the two Ninjas! (Blue spends 3CP). The Ninjas pretend to remain subservient to their former boss and follow the Oni toward the Quad. No doubt the sneaky buggers will vanish as soon as they can.

Zombies can only be permanently killed by hacking them to bits. In other words, 2 of their 3 parts need to be destroyed. Unless an attack directed at one of them in an AoE, it will be assumed to be targeted at a segment (a -2 Skill). If the attack succeeds, and the damage trumps the Zombie’s armor, that segment will die but the Zombie will remain standing. When two segments are dead, the final one will whither and die also. Effectively, this means Zombies need to be killed twice and non AoE attacks against them will suffer a penalty to hit.

Yellow Turn 14b
Snake Yellow loads his fang dagger up with another dose of Serpentoxin and slashes the blade through the corpse of Undeadbro. The poison seeps into the surrounding tissue but does nothing.

Yellow Turn 14c
Medikbro moves up quickly, however, and performs a miraculous bit of never before seen Triage. No, like, Triage with a Capital T. Seriously, it’s bullshit. Newbro/Revenant/Undeadbro has been dead, like, three times. He succeeds wildly, reviving the battered corpse and eradicating the initial Shiv Poison.

I decided that no amputations would occur on the triage roll. Instead, if the Medik had scored that result (4 or less), the latent poison from the attack that killed him this last time would begin to circulate and probably kill him again.

He revives not as a Zombie but with allegiance to Yellow, thanks to the Serpentoxin the Medik left working in his bloodstream. Thanks to his great success, Undeadbro is not actually Half-Dead, like his brother Mr. Daggers.

Yellow Turn 14d
He stands up and moves around the corner. Daggers follows, sprinting over and popping a chest. Yellow gains +1 CP.

Mr. Daggers is considered Half Dead. Since no one outside of Yellow could be bothered to engage the Kanon, this is all to the good for Yellow. Point of Kanon: Mr. Daggers gains +1 Armor BUT ALSO gains +1d6 Armor and sometimes feels numb because of it. Gosh. Armor rating for Daggers is now 5 + 1d6.

Hunter Turn 14a
Bandanna tries a new spell having to do with Dragon’s Breath. It doesn’t work quite like he expected but it gets the job done. The “Breath” launches him down the hallway and lights Little Jack on fire in the process.

Hunter Turn 14b
He lands in sphincter’s blood and slips and slides down the hall before regaining his balance over the old Master’s corpse. He holds his action and his sole remaining SN die.

Hunter Turn 14c
Hair’s super reanimated corpse stumbles away from the wall, a single inch out of normal movement range for the spirit.

Hunter Turn 14d
He is forced to sprint forward in order to repossess his body.

Hunter Turn 14e
Armor is trapped in Yellow’s Red Path, now locked off. He tries to blow a hole in the wall using SuperNaturally powered ammo but fails miserably. He’ll need something much more powerful to get through those walls.

The spell you discussed with me for the other guy should be sufficient unless you have another idea. Keep in mind the limitations I mentioned, though.

Grey Turn 14a
Grey12 snatches up the Golden Guns and tosses them over to his comrades, who all move toward the hatch and gear up. Grey12 strips Blanco of his Armored White Suit and tries it on like Bonn-o-Tron. He is delighted to discover that the suit has a chameleon function, allowing him to change its color. In celebration for overcoming a source of deep cultural shame, he changes it to a somewhat tacky golden color.

Grey Turn 14b
The Grey with the GunSpear tosses it to him on his way over. He slings it across his back and readies his reliable knives. Gleaming in his snazzy new duds, Grey12 becomes Gold12, Grey’s new Hero! In his new role as Hero, he uses a Feat to Cloak the Gathering, phasing them all out under his own vaunted energies and allowing them to keep their own SN dice for later use. Grey Team proceeds to Level 3 and their movements will once again become hidden.

Blue Turn 14a
While Blue Android converts his arm into an Autolaser and covers the corridor with it, his Medik pops open the Stasis Chamber and a pistoleer joins Blue Team.

Blue Turn 14b
The Pistoleer begins to move down the corridor but is brought up short by a teleportation beam near the end of it.

Blue Turn 14c
Red Android appears, clearly geared up for “close” combat! The Warden has clearly been using the time since Blue was revealed to be an Android to find someone, or something, to counter this previously hidden advantage. Red Android looks shiny and new and that antenna on his back shows that he may be more machine than man now, controlled almost like a bot by his masters. Nevertheless, Red Android is a Villain (a bad guy Hero), so Blue Team is in for a rough time.

Blue Turn 14d
Luckily, Blue was prepared. Android combines his response burst fire with the pistoleer’s shot in hopes on killing the threat before it gets a chance to act. The shots bounce off, however. Still, Blue is thinking ahead and can see that Red’s build is highly similar to his own. He aims for the weak spots and sends his SN die along to cripple Red’s movement.

Orange Turn 14a
The Shotgunner turns and activates the Console to pop open the Stasis Chamber. He wants to buy another Shotgun but was a CP too short. He buys a pistol for the new recruit instead and the pistoleer joins Orange Team. The Pistoleer sprints down to the next Console.

I figured you would want something but since I made the purchase for you, if you don’t want the pistol and would rather save the 3 CP, I’m happy to refund you and remove the pistol next turn.

Orange Turn 14b
Orange Spy and her Medik are scared shitless by the rumbling they hear in the walls coupled with the onscreen footage they see above them of Little Jack rampaging through fucking walls. She books it down the corridor but the Medik cooks a path so fast that he can’t stop himself from slamming into the chest and wall at the end of the hall.

Orange Turn 14c
He is Disrupted. As he slides to the ground, a teleportation beam appears in the adjoining hallway.

Orange Turn 14d
Uh-Oh! A WageMage appears. These guys are some of the most violent fuckers in the BrikVerse, bred in the most brightly lit cubicles of the highest rising Office Buildings owned by the greediest, nastiest, big business Mega-Corporations around. They’re all Heroes or Villains, cut-throat mercenaries who blend technology, magic, and hand to hand combat into a brutal martial arts form.

BrikWiki on Offices wrote:Often called training centers or concentration camps, Offices exist to hone a minifigure's frustration and rage to a razor's edge. They are considered fundamental in urban areas not only because they maintain all the paperwork that keeps track of death tolls (something CityFolk are oddly fond of) but also because of their boring, oppressive environments. Minifigs aren't patient creatures by nature and being forced to sit around, not killing things, is an agony to them. You can always tell someone is about to be promoted when flipped tables or dead bodies go crashing out of fifth story plate glass windows.

Green Turn 14 and Hunter Response 14f
Little Jack suffers a -3 to Skill and Armor but decides to put his one attack available whilst on fire to good use. He roars but otherwise generally ignores being on fire and charges down the corridor directly at Bandanna. He rolls more than enough to plow straight through his enemy…

…But he never makes it. Bandanna completes his superb maneuver, turning and firing his SN die at the giant’s kneecap. The damage is laughable to the big man but the die crits and cuts his charge in half. Little Jack, still on fire and surprised as hell, stumbles to a halt just out of range to attack the object of his growing ire.

Round Fourteen Overview A

Round Fourteen Overview B

Round Fourteen Overview C

Round Fourteen Overview D

Edit: Oops, I guess you'd like some overviews, yeah?

Overview Breakdown
Yellow Team

Abilities
2CP

Equipment
Snake Yellow: Fang Dagger (Poison Shiv 2), Longbow
Medikbro: Medik Tool, Shield, Pistol (Holstered)
Mr. Daggers: Pathfinder, Half Dead (+1+1d6 Armor), Dagger, Dagger
Undeadbro: None
Firebeard: SN 3d4, Hook

Purchased and Spent Explosive

Loot Score: 5

Kill Table
9 Kills
4 Deaths

Kill Score: 5

Badass Moments
Yellow Turn 3a, Snake Coil Leap Attack
Yellow Turn 3b, Improbable Dagger Throw
Yellow Turn 4b, The Angry Arrow
Yellow Turn 6c, Arrow Explosivo
Yellow Turn 11a, Serpentoxin
Yellow Turn 13b, UnUndead
Yellow Turn 14b-c, Super Ker-Triage

Badass Score: 7

Objectives Obtained
Level One Key

Headhunters

Abilities
3CP
1d6 SN, 1d6 SN with Pistol

Equipment
Armor Hunter: SuperNatural Pistol
Bandanna Hunter: SuperNatural Pistol
Hair Hunter: None

Loot Score: 2

Kill Table
5 Kills
3 Deaths

Kill Score: 2

Badass Moments
Hunters Turn 10b, Tipping the Scales
Hunter Turn 11a, Long Shot
Hunter Turn 11b, Ribbed for Pain
Hunter Turn 13e-g, A Jackhammer In Motion Tends to Stay In Motion
Hunter Turn 14a and f, The Dragon Maneuver

Badass Score: 6

Objectives Obtained
4 Kills

Grey Team

Abilities:
8CP
Phasic SuperNatural Dice

Equipment
Gold12: SN d12, Armored Suit (+1d4 Armor), 2 Knives, Heroic Artifakt (holstered)
UtiliGrey: Golden Gun, Knife, Knife (sheathed)
Grey: Golden Gun, Knife, Knife (sheathed)
Grey: 2 Knives

Loot Score: 10

Kill Table
6 Kills
3 Deaths

Kill Score: 3

Badass Moments
Grey Turn 4h, The Wall Grab
Grey Turn 6d, Phantom Ride Kill Assist
Grey Turn 8a, Phantom Switch
Grey Turn 11a-c, Tactikal Advance
Grey Turn 12d-e, Blood Blade
Grey Turn 13, Disbelieve the Illusion

Objectives Obtained
Accessed Level Two
Accessed Level Three

Blue Team

Abilities
1CP

Equipment
Blue Android: Hardsuit, SN d6, Android Body 2
Medik: Medik Tool
Pistoleer: Pistol
Ninja: Katana
Ninja: Katana

Loot Score: 5

Kill Table
4 Kills
5 Deaths

Kill Score: -1

Badass Moments
Blue Turn 1, Wasting the Pathfinder for temporary gain
Blue Turn 3a, Casual Chasm Redshirt
Blue Turn 4a, This Is BrikWars!
Blue Turn 7b and Pirates Turn 7, Mecha Madness!
Blue Turn 11a, With Casual Ease
Hunter Turn 12b-c, Spiritual Catapult

Objectives Obtained
Level One Key

Orange Team

Abilities
1CP
Map Dominance
Energy Requisition

Equipment
Orange Spy: Shotgun
Medik: Medik Tool
Shotgunner: Shotgun
Pistoleer: Pistol

Loot Score: 3

Kill Table
4 Kills
2 Deaths

Kill Score: 2

Badass Moments
Orange Turn 4a, A Perfect Shot
Orange Turn 5a-b, Graceful Execution
Green Turn 6b, RedShirt to Beam Up
Orange Turn 7b-c, Modified Turret
Orange Turn 8b-d, Command Cascade
Orange Turn 10a and c, Divide and Conquer
Orange Turn 11d, The Old Switcheroo

Badass Score: 7

Objectives Obtained
Level One Key

Green Team

Abilities
8CP
Fleet Foresters, Trapmasters

Equipment
Little Jack: Axe, +1d10 Armor, Last Man Standing

Loot Score: 2

Kill Table
6 Kills
5 Deaths

Kill Score: 1

Badass Moments
Green Turn 3a and 5a, Pathfinder Trapmaster
Orange Turn 4b, Medik Redshirt
Green Turn 4c, Puts on Shades
Green Turn 6a-b, Tactikal Supremacy
Green Turn 8a, Ninja Moves
Green Turn 9a-b, Staging an Icy Reception
Green Turn 11, The Green Mile
Green Turn 13 and Hunter Responses, A Jackhammer in Motion Tends to Stay in Motion

Badass Score: 8

Objectives Obtained
Level One Key

Overview Comparison
Construction Points
Yellow: 2
Hunter: 3
Grey: 8
Blue: 1
Orange: 1
Green: 8

Loot Score
Yellow: 5
Hunter: 2
Grey: 10
Blue: 5
Orange: 3
Green: 2

Kill Score
Yellow: 5
Hunter: 2
Grey: 3
Blue: -1
Orange: 2
Green: 1

Badass Score
Yellow: 7
Hunter: 6
Grey: 6
Blue: 6
Orange: 7
Green: 8

Objectives
Yellow: Level One Key
Hunter: 4 Kills
Grey: Level Two Access, Level Three Access
Blue: Level One Key
Orange: Level One Key
Green: Level One Key

Total Scores
Yellow: 15
Hunter: 7
Grey 11
Blue: 9
Orange: 11
Green: 3

Yellow retakes a commanding lead thanks to the bid on Firebeard. Blue also leapt into the middle rankings thanks to his bid on the Ninjas, leaving Green to take the last place spot. Orange and Grey are dead even for second place.

Send Orders for Round Fifteen!
Last edited by Quantumsurfer on Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Postby Quantumsurfer » Sun May 18, 2014 3:58 am

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Postby Quantumsurfer » Mon May 19, 2014 3:55 am

Here's a question. If I were to go back and put previous turns in spoiler tags, would the page load the images anyway, referencing them from Photobucket or wherever and eating bandwidth? Or would that not happen until the spoiler tag was opened? The general hope being the latter and the thought being that we could then scroll through pages to find specific posts or reference information without loading the images over and over.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

PreviousNext

Return to LDD Forum