Moderator: The Shadowscythe

I need serious ldd micro scale space building help

Postby Brikguy0410 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:27 am

I suck, in my eyes I suck at it, I need some tips
Brikguy0410
Official SEXY Forum Science and History Expert

Re: I need serious ldd micro scale space building help

Postby DeltaV » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:47 am

Post an example of what you have managed to do so far.
Brickwars: the only tabletop wargame that allows the units to have sexual intercourse with each other, produce offspring, and then use said offspring as Size 1 Explosives.
DeltaV
Officer

Postby Brikguy0410 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:48 am

I also have no idea how to take pics in ldd
Brikguy0410

Postby DeltaV » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:57 am

Brikguy0410 wrote:I also have no idea how to take pics in ldd

F6 to go to view mode, then at the upper left is a button for taking pics.
Brickwars: the only tabletop wargame that allows the units to have sexual intercourse with each other, produce offspring, and then use said offspring as Size 1 Explosives.
DeltaV
Officer

Postby Brikguy0410 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:00 am

I'll take some pics, but my laptop is at my mom's, so are my Legos, that's the problem when your parents are divorced
Brikguy0410

Postby Overwatch_Elite » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:06 am

Brikguy0410 wrote:I'll take some pics, but my laptop is at my mom's, so are my Legos, that's the problem when your parents are divorced

That's the biggest problem of having divorced parents?
Overwatch_Elite
Who watches the overwatch while the overwatch watches over the watchers of the overwatch?
Who watches the overwatch while the overwatch watches over the watchers of the overwatch?

Postby Brikguy0410 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:20 am

Overwatch_Elite wrote:
Brikguy0410 wrote:I'll take some pics, but my laptop is at my mom's, so are my Legos, that's the problem when your parents are divorced

That's the biggest problem of having divorced parents?

No
Brikguy0410

Postby Gorthaff » Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:14 pm

Is your problem technical, or do you have some kind of artblock? If technical the help thread might help (http://www.brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=12089), if artblock, I can only say, have a rough outline of what you are building, start from the inside, fill the outline, don't be afraid to delete half the stuff you've made, add details in the end. If you get lust, od tired of trying to make a part look good, go try an other one. Inspiration vill come with time. Also have the stuff you vill be adding multiple of laid out, that way you can see if it looks good. Also listen to some music, it really helps.
I for one have built all my ships lisztening to the pirates of the caribbean OST.
I couldn't come up with anything smart, original or funny, so <=THIS=> is what you get.
ENJOY IT!!!
Gorthaff
Officer

Postby dilanski » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:29 pm

OK, I've built a few dozen ships ranging from 'Awful' to 'Amazing' and generally, I hazard a guess when a ships is going to fall into the latter, or the former categories about 25% into the build, the trick is to know when to continue with a build to a polished model, whether to continue as a prototype, and not give it the same level of polish, or when to ditch your original vision, and try something radical with what you have so far. If you don't already, you should have a good idea in your head of how you want the completed model to roughly look, you can have this picture before placing the first brick, or come up with it while messing around with random constructions. Taking a picture of a spaceship you really like, and having that as a starting point from which to go to helps, while the goal isn't to copy that ship, it just really helps to start trying to do so, then branch off when your own creativity strikes. The best example of this in my ships comes from the second 'serious' micro-space ship I did, a little number by the name of the Vendetta.

Spoiler: show

This here is the Armageddon, and it's main features are a curved front, a long cylindrical like body, leading towards engines placed at the very rear.

Spoiler: show

This is the Vendetta, and you can see clearly where the vessel started life as, when these two are side by side, but at the same time, they are noticeably different ships, with different shapes used in them, and they have very different silhouettes. I started with 'The Armageddon looks dope' in my head, looked at why I liked it, and then went from there.

I'm not saying this is the only way to do LDDMS, or the best, but I don't think anyone will disagree with the fact it paid off for me.
ImageImageImage
dilanski
Now with added tractor fetish

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain & Subjugated Ireland

Return to LDD Forum