A Legacy, Reborn.

Not Lego but still Lego.

Moderator: The Shadowscythe

Re: A Legacy, Reborn.

Postby The Shadowscythe » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:50 am

On a sidenote, I was using LDD earlier this morning and I experimented with over-riding the GPU in my Nvidia settings.

No real improvements in looks, but the lag on larger files has dropped by about half, same with loading times.

On another thing for when I return home, does anyone know what files they used to make the lego movie, a piece of trivia I picked up said the film was made set-wise using LDD and then transfered to another 3d editing program to make the film.

With luck, these tools may be produced and on the net somewhere officially, because that would be fecking awesome.

-- WARNINK -- LINK BELOW IZ KNOWN TO CAUZE HEMMORAGE --
Spoiler: show

I WARNED YOU, DIDN'T I WARN YOU?! BLAME RAYHAWK DAMNIT.
The Shadowscythe
The Brikwars Trickster God.

Postby dilanski » Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:43 am

The Shadowscythe wrote:On a sidenote, I was using LDD earlier this morning and I experimented with over-riding the GPU in my Nvidia settings.

No real improvements in looks, but the lag on larger files has dropped by about half, same with loading times.

On another thing for when I return home, does anyone know what files they used to make the lego movie, a piece of trivia I picked up said the film was made set-wise using LDD and then transfered to another 3d editing program to make the film.

With luck, these tools may be produced and on the net somewhere officially, because that would be fecking awesome.

I tried the same thing with the control panel while looking for the same thing, I couldn't find any GPU override, so just cranked up the Anti-Aliasing. I've noticed it makes models viewed at a distance look a lot better, so will be using that in the future.

As for the film, do you mean POV Ray?
ImageImageImage
dilanski
Now with added tractor fetish

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain & Subjugated Ireland

Postby The Shadowscythe » Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:59 am

POVray is an unofficial third party program, it sounded like they had an in house program to move the files into 3ds maya .

I just don't know what that program is.

-- WARNINK -- LINK BELOW IZ KNOWN TO CAUZE HEMMORAGE --
Spoiler: show

I WARNED YOU, DIDN'T I WARN YOU?! BLAME RAYHAWK DAMNIT.
The Shadowscythe
The Brikwars Trickster God.

Previous

Return to LDD Forum