Sky Ruler (LDD RPG)

Not Lego but still Lego.

Moderator: The Shadowscythe

Re: Sky Ruler (LDD RPG)

Postby Silverdream » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:26 pm

Whisper the plan to the others:

"Alright, let's wait for Patrick, then if one of you bites me I can go into wolf mode and try to break the cell open."

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby Quantumsurfer » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:31 pm

"Ah! It is good you are awake! I worried for your health for awhile there."
I walk over to greet them, smiling sardonically.
"Though this is perhaps the nicest dungeon I've ever been thrown in, I must admit that I did not expect to be paying it a visit when I arrived here. And, of course, there is that." I gesture toward the statue of Hammerman. "My name is Fahim-Al-Saif. I came here looking for it, in fact. I seem to have found it with little difficulty. May I ask your names?"
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Postby Semaj Nagirrac » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:18 pm

As Marko regains his consciousness, he devises a plan and whispers it to the others.

"Alright, let's wait for Patrick, then if one of you bites me I can go into wolf mode and try to break the cell open."

The stranger in the cell smiles when he sees Aoishi and Marko awake.

"Ah! It is good you are awake! I worried for your health for awhile there."
He says as he walks over to them.
"Though this is perhaps the nicest dungeon I've ever been thrown in, I must admit that I did not expect to be paying it a visit when I arrived here. And, of course, there is that."
He gestures toward the statue in the corner
"My name is Fahim-Al-Saif. I came here looking for it, in fact. I seem to have found it with little difficulty. May I ask your names?"

Meanwhile...

"You're probably wondering why I've brought you here." says Morgelyn to Patrick. "I must admit, after that little stunt you pulled, I wasn't sure I would go through with this, but you have proved to be far braver than I had imagined.
"You see, Patrick, you and I are fortunate enough to share a common ancestry. Long ago, our people ruled most of Calendri. They were happy and war was unheard of. But then, North Men arrived and begin to take what was rightfully ours! The men from the south, the cursed Royanders, aided these northern raiders and allowed them to establish Wuldenburg. We begged the elves to aid us, but they went back on their oath and left us to die under the north men's axes."

"Then your people fled, Patrick. They fled to that soggy isle to begin life anew while my family and others stayed behind to win back our land. The men of Wuldenburg eventually made peace with us and we helped bring glory to their kingdom. It was my family that ruled over the great Dragon Clan of Wuldenburg, Patrick, my family! And how did they return the favor? By betraying us! By stabbing us in the back when all we wanted was peace!
"They thought they killed us all, but oh no, some of us remain to carry on the good fight. There is a power in this land, Patrick. A power specific to our people that will help us return to greatness..."

"You see, I need you, Patrick. I need you to help rebuild the glory of Great Duatha! With your affinity for fire, you can help summon Baeddan the Great and start us on the path to glory reborn!"

"What say you? Will you help me, Patrick? Will you help our people become mighty again?"
SIR_WHO wrote:Making Semaj angry is like inviting several bears to come and chill in your house, while you have steaks tied to yourself.
Semaj Nagirrac
Dimmy

Postby mercury19 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:42 pm

"Um, two things. First, who is this Beaddan guy? And second, I'm quite find of Dar'Duatha. Tis a grand auld place. I'd appreciate it if ye didn't ensault it."
mercury19
Cannon Fodder

Location: Probably somewhere in the Brikverse. Oh wait, you mean physically?

Postby Silverdream » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:14 am

Peer through the windows/holes in the wall.

"My name is Sir Marko. What got you in prison, and where do you hail from?"

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby Falk » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:12 am

I am Aioshi.

How long have you been here? And why is this statue here?
BrikWars 2010 Rules wrote:BrikWars ... stands in pretty direct opposition to many fundamental elements of the LEGO® philosophy, such as "Not Teaching Kids How Funny It Is to Set People on Fire."

Empire of Luchardsko WIP wiki page
Falk
Jaw-Jaw

Postby Quantumsurfer » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:30 pm

"Pleasure to meet you, Sir Marko, Aioshi." I give appropriate greetings. I turn to Marko. "I came to these lands to explore the Duathan ruins that dot this region and to search for this magnificent statue of which I heard rumors about from abroad. I come from all over, though I hail from the lands of the Hatumid Caliphate. In any case, I did not expect to come across a standing army!" I chuckle lightly. "Apparently, they didn't appreciate my intrusion. I suspect they aim to remain secret for the time being."

I turn to Aioshi. "Not terribly long. And that is an excellent question. There are a great many rumors about this statue. They say that it is actually a living man, turned to stone! The guards tell me that some of the higher ups know the chant to awaken him. I'd be interested to see that!" I look toward the guards and give a small frown. "These two aren't actually a bad sort. Anyway," I continue excitedly, "apparently, they can't budge him. Even someone called Lyffrech can't move him and the guards speak carefully of him. Or her. They also say he has a mighty weapon locked away somewhere in these caverns. I assume its a hammer, of course, but I wonder what it does that makes it so special."

I pause. "So what brings you gentlemen here?"
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Postby Semaj Nagirrac » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:01 pm

"Um, two things. First, who is this Beaddan guy? And second, I'm quite find of Dar'Duatha. Tis a grand auld place. I'd appreciate it if ye didn't ensault it." says Patrick

"Oh, dear boy, I don't mean to insult our people, but the island is not our home." says Morgelyn. "As for Baeddan, come with me".

Morgelyn and the guards lead Patrick through a series of dark tunnels until they come to a great cavern so large that Patrick can not see the opposite side.

"Patrick, bow before the majesty that is Baeddan the Great!" shouts Morgelyn triumphantly.

"For now he is cursed to remain in stone, but we have a secret, my dear boy. A secret which will soon be ours!"
She motions to one of the guards.

"Bring the elf to my chambers!"

MEANWHILE...

"My name is Sir Marko. What got you in prison, and where do you hail from?"

"I am Aioshi. How long have you been here? And why is this statue here?"

"Pleasure to meet you, Sir Marko, Aioshi."

The other prisoner bows to Aoishi in the style of greeting familiar to a warrior of the Yatsu Shogunate, then gives Marko a salute common to the men of northern Calendri.

"I came to these lands to explore the Duathan ruins that dot this region and to search for this magnificent statue of which I heard rumors about from abroad. I come from all over, though I hail from the lands of the Hatumid Caliphate. In any case, I did not expect to come across a standing army!"

He chuckles lightly and turns to Aoishi.

"Not terribly long. And that is an excellent question. There are a great many rumors about this statue. They say that it is actually a living man, turned to stone! The guards tell me that some of the higher ups know the chant to awaken him. I'd be interested to see that!"

He motions to the guards and frowns. "These two aren't actually a bad sort." Then he turns back to the statue.

"Apparently, they can't budge him. Even someone called Lyffrech can't move him and the guards speak carefully of him. Or her. They also say he has a mighty weapon locked away somewhere in these caverns. I assume its a hammer, of course, but I wonder what it does that makes it so special."

After a pause he says, "So what brings you gentlemen here?"

BACK IN MORGELYN'S CHAMBERS...

Morgelyn continues to convince Patrick that her cause is just. Patrick feels the words becoming stronger as they echo in his mind.

A guard interrupts them.

"The prisoner is here as requested, your majesty." he says.

"Excellent!" says Morgelyn. As she turns away, Patrick feels a sense of exhaustion flood his body.

"Ah, here he is. Falir Avabuul, noble warden of Eth'Driel." says Morgelyn before she spits on him. "Filthy oath breaker!"

"You came here to rescue this traitor, Patrick, but now that you know the truth you shall use his flesh to awaken our great Lord Baeddan!" she says.

"This man came to rescue me?" asks a surprised Falir. "Did he have any companions?"

"Oh yes," answers Morgelyn. "Two warriors, one of them from across the sea. An elf too, but don't worry, I dealt with him personally. Now will you give us the words to awaken Lord Baeddan or must we find another way and let you die in vain?"

Falir looks at Patrick. Patrick thinks he sees the elf smile for a very brief moment before turning a stone faced gaze back to Morgelyn.

"You have won and I am beaten. In order to not die in vain, I shall give up the first of the Words of Awakening that are sacred to my people. Only one phrase, however, may be spoken per day. There are three in total." he says.

"Cursed elf sorcery! Not all of us have as much time as you do, but when Lord Baeddan is awake, he shall grant me eternal life for my service. Tell me the first phrase." she says.

"Gwethelen ai haru..."

BACK IN THE PRISON CELL...

Aoishi, Marko and the other man are still conversing when a faint whisper passes their ears.

"Gwethelen ai haru..."

They each glance over their shoulder looking for the person that spoke so gently to them. Aoishi is the first to notice the statue.

They stand up and back away as the statue begins to glow. The light grows brighter until...

... it bursts into a pillar of energy. They shield their eyes just in time. The guards outside the cell are blinded by the magic.

The light calms and an armored man stands before them.

"I.... I feel again......"
SIR_WHO wrote:Making Semaj angry is like inviting several bears to come and chill in your house, while you have steaks tied to yourself.
Semaj Nagirrac
Dimmy

Postby Silverdream » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:08 pm

"By the wolf's beard, who are you?"

Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby Falk » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:40 pm

Awww yeah.

Be ready to charge the guards, once they open the bars or Hammerman breaks them.
BrikWars 2010 Rules wrote:BrikWars ... stands in pretty direct opposition to many fundamental elements of the LEGO® philosophy, such as "Not Teaching Kids How Funny It Is to Set People on Fire."

Empire of Luchardsko WIP wiki page
Falk
Jaw-Jaw

Postby Quantumsurfer » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:31 pm

"A-ha! How fortuitous the rumors were true!"
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Postby mercury19 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:32 pm

The old fart was magicking me! I prepare my mental defenses, so it hopefully won't happen again.

"Is that a spot of piss on your dress there?" I ask, pointing to a spot she just can't see. " you really should get that taken out. It's known to stain."
mercury19
Cannon Fodder

Location: Probably somewhere in the Brikverse. Oh wait, you mean physically?

Postby Zupponn » Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:02 pm

Normally, Hammerman doesn't speak, but in this universe I guess he does.

"My name is Hammerman, but if I have awoken here, then that means the dragon is not far behind. I need to find him. Hammer! To me!"

Summon thine hammer, having it fly through the caverns and smashing through the cell walls. Then attack the guards.
Zupponn
Lovable and funny
Lovable and funny

Postby Semaj Nagirrac » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:03 pm

I'll hopefully have the result posted by Sunday night. I've been busy again.

On a side note, would you guys want me to post information and history regarding the civilizations, lands, races and history of Calendri in a separate topic? I've got a lot of back story floating around my head that could help you guys out.
Semaj Nagirrac
Dimmy

Postby Silverdream » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:16 pm

Sounds interesting, I'm for it.

Silverdream
Blockguy

PreviousNext

Return to LDD Forum