Introduce yourself!

A friendly place for friendly people where we all play nice and share.

Moderator: Colette

Forum rules
Play nice with n00bs in the New People threads. Save the abuse, trolling, and pr0n for everywhere else.

Re: Introduce yourself!

Postby AZKAMAT » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:42 pm

I have no concept of what the significance of that is. But I take your word for it.

Not really, if you have entire room floor spaces to play on like I do. There's an entire gym room in my house that is never used. The 60 inches for the snipers is the longest currently used, and gets ate up fast. Also, I use a big skill and mobility penalty for sniper rifles. Use of 5, firer must be still, and there's also a big penalty for shooting close range targets. On top of that if it's a big sniper the user gets a -1 inch movement penalty and for every consecutive shot gets a -1 skill penalty. If I play on a table or other confined space I shrink the ranges back down to regular size, though.

I came up with these extreme range rules after I decided it seemed retarded for a few orks with axes to close with an MG nest over open ground because the range was limited to 10 inches. So I tripled the ranges listed in the rule books, and now melee combat is almost totally unheard of.
AZKAMAT
Champion

Postby Colette » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:51 pm

As a note, Overwatch_Elite is indefinitely banned from posting in this forum due to his incessant abuse of newbies and generally being off-topic. All of his posts here will now either be edited in a funny manner, moved to thunderdumb, or deleted on sight.
Because everything's better with math...and firepower.
Colette
I for one personally welcome clown face bologna

Postby yordin » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:40 am

Hello and Guten Tag

Who are you?
Meister Yordin a Discordian Pope

Do you live with your mom? (Trust me, this is important)
Hail Eris for She´s the Mother... ...no i don't live with her, but i try to find her.

Where do you come from?
South of Bavaria, where the mountains so lofty and the treetops so tall.. ..and all the MOCs are clean and pleasant.

What is your quest?
To find the golden apple and follow the Footsteps of Kaiser Norton.

Hail Eris!
yordin
Battlefield General

Postby Colette » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:29 pm

Welcome to the forums! I assure you our forum is very welcoming to Germans.

Looking at your armory thread, your armies seem pretty nice. In any case, you're well on your way to becoming a valued member of our community.
Because everything's better with math...and firepower.
Colette
I for one personally welcome clown face bologna

Postby SVGK » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:23 pm

Hello, I am SVGK and I do live with my mum (why is this important?), I am from planet earth and my quest is to get the rules of brikwars in my head so i can start playing the thing at last (and find out where to buy Lego from).
SVGK
Champion

Postby pkbrennan » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:34 am

Who are you?

I am Phil, and I have been playing with Lego since I was knee-high to a grasshopper back in the days when flared trousers were finally going out of fashion the first time around (thank God). In real life I am an activist-photographer and sometimes I get sent off to places to photograph and document stuff for Human Rights Organisations. Fortunately, I have not seen any dead bodies, yet.

Do you live with your mom? (Trust me, this is important)

No, I do not live with Your Mom, nor do I live with my Mum.

Where do you come from?

In a county in the South East of England near a very smelly river that runs parallel to the Thames...

What is your Quest?

To build up my Lego collection to previous childhood sizes, to finish collecting Pharaohs Quest, to win EvilBay bidding wars on Indiana Jones Lego without bankrupting myself, to find a good woman who would put up with my eccentricities, to avoid getting CS Gassed / hit over the head with a baton while photographing stuff, and to have fun / cause mayhem / play BrikWars.
The World of Pekab & the Anarcho-Syndicalist Adventurers Guild <== new site

"Everything needs more Dakka, including the Dakka..."
pkbrennan
Cannon Fodder

Postby Silverdream » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:08 am

Interesting. There is a site called bricklink where the Indy sets would be cheaper.

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby pkbrennan » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:46 pm

Silverdream wrote:Interesting. There is a site called bricklink where the Indy sets would be cheaper.

Thanks for the heads up, dude.

I guess with the kinds of things I do I am like a frustrated Indiana Jones (that's who I wanted to be when I finally grew up), but with more of the exploration and less of the stuffy archaeology lessons. Ah well, possible trip to Kurdistan next month, assuming everything in North Syria doesn't blow up by then...
The World of Pekab & the Anarcho-Syndicalist Adventurers Guild <== new site

"Everything needs more Dakka, including the Dakka..."
pkbrennan
Cannon Fodder

Postby Skyian Leader » Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:29 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0Ezf9BbIYk&feature=youtu.be

I'm back! Probably be back just long enough to build a SHIP, fight a friend to the death with it, and leave once more. Typical of a college student that has little free time. So, what did I miss? Is silverdream silvadream? Has Natalya built another SHIP yet? Are people hungry for a awesome battle report? Well, tough luck on the last one, when I got home, I learned that my little brother demolished everything and I will need to start from scratch.

How are you guys doin'? Anything exciting happening that I should keep an eye out for?
Skyian Leader
Minifig

Postby RunsWithLegos » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:06 pm

welcome ack! and i am sorry for your loss, i have no doubt you ended your brother just as he ended your army.
RunsWithLegos
Pooplord

Postby Silverdream » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:19 pm

I'm whoever I want to be.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby Bluefog » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:24 am

Hello! My name is Jesse. You can call me that or my user name, I don't care. I do not live with my mother, however, if I did, I'd probably not admit to it. I hail from Canada, British Columbia, near Vancouver in a city you probably haven't heard of, and care nothing about. I have been playing BrikWars only a month or so, and have been reading the rules a little and checking out this forum fairly frequently, and just now decided to join. I figured that if I had questions I could ask the experts. I have a friend that has a hobby shop, so I can get my hands on and create a lot of random Lego stuffs, we learned of this game and the rest is history. So far, I am completely enjoying the silliness of this game, although explaining to friends that you play with Lego still gets you a lot of strange looks.... but yeah, as I said, fairly new to this, a few things are kind of unclear to me, some abbreviations and whatnot, I'm sure I'll get it with time, but please be patient. Thank you. Nice to meet you all.
"You ain't my friend, palooka." - Vincent Vega
Bluefog
Officer

Postby Silverdream » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:33 am

No fucking way. If your last name starts with a B and ends with an N I would die of happiness.

I live about an hour from Vancouver and I would love to have someone to play against.

Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby Bluefog » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:38 am

No, my last name doesn't start with a B and end with a N. I'm in Chilliwack. I would've said that but totally didn't expect anyone to know what I was talking about. I'm down for a match, though I work most days 3-11:30, I'm off Wednesday and Thursdays though.
"You ain't my friend, palooka." - Vincent Vega
Bluefog
Officer

Postby Silverdream » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:59 am

Unfortunately I am busy on Wednesdays and Thursdays.

Silverdream
Blockguy

PreviousNext

Return to New People Start Here