TEASER 2

The Magic SOB forum is for posts of story sequences that are frequently vignette-based. Put those here while actual battle reports can go in Reports From the Field.
You must talk like James T. Kirk in this forum at all times. Leonard Nimoy is fine too.

Moderators: Magic Soap, Zahru II, Thesson

TEASER 2

Postby Scratch » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:51 pm

PARTIAL/CORRUPTED AUDIO/VIDEO LOG FROM THE RECOVERED BLACK BOX OF THE TITAN CLASS SHIP, 'SOUL'S PERDITION': ASSIGNED TO AID IN REBEL SUPRESSION AND RESUPPLY EN-ROUTE TO BAS-TYRA, RECOVERED 3 MONTHS SINCE LAST SIGHTING.

[BEGIN TRANSCRIPT]

0:00 Captain Detective: "Captain's / Space Detective's log, G.R. ε̧͢͟͠/̷̴̀Ϛ̛͏ʹ͞͠/̀͢͞14, third day in transit of our resupply mission to the newly re-taken Bas-Tyra, we're a few hours away from the rendezvous point."

[EXTRANIOUS LOGS EXPUNGED]

2:53 Captain Detective: "Officer, did you see a flash off port?"

2:54 Tenente Castello: "Sensors arn't detecting anything, and I didn't see anything, should I review the camera logs?"

2:53 Captain Detective: "No, that won't be necessary."

4:23 Tenente Castello: "Sir, we've reached the rendezvous point, and there's no sign of convoy, we haven't recieved any message indicating a rescheduling or delay."

4:23 Captain Detective: "Well, maybe they're just a couple minutes late, let's park her here Tenente."

7:05 Tenente Castello: "It's been hours since the rendezvous time, what should we do commander?"

7:07 Captain Detective: "Well, shit, I guess we should send a FTL communication back to HQ asking for clarification, see if they've recieved a notice of delay."

7:07 Tenente Castello: "On it sir, I'll just..."

[BLACK BOX INDICATES THAT ALL LONG RANGE COMMUNICA̛T͟IO̢N E̵QU̢ÌPTMENT CEASED TO FUNCTION AT 7:07:41]

7:07 Tenente Castello: "Huh, the long range transmitters just shut down, should I get a repair crew to repair it si̸r?"

7:08 Captain Detective: "Yes, get them on that, and activate the distress beacon, that should work independantly from the long range transmitters."

7:09 Tenente Castello: "On it sir, aaand sent, this one seems to have worked."

[ALTHOUGH TRANSCRIPT INDICATES SUCESSFUL ACTIVATION OF DISTRESS BEACON, BLACK BOX MECHANICAL LOGS SHOW NO BEACON WAS ACTIVATED, NOR ANY SIGNAL SENT]

13:37 Tenente Castello: "Captain Detective, still no responce on the beacon, and we are picking up some Di Caprio radiation a few parsecs off the starbord side."

13:37 Captain Detective: "Di Caprio radiation? You mean the type that... fuck, we're getting right the fu̷͠ck out of here, charge the FTL drives and put the weapons on high alert."

[ALL ENGINE AND WEAPON SYSTEMS SIMULTANIOUSLY SUFFER TOTAL MECHANICAL FAILURE AT 13:37:54]

13:36 Tenente Castello: "Sir, my console just blue-screened, I can't do anything, even the impulse drives are offline."

13:38 Captain Detective: "Well, put maximum power into the sensors and cameras, we're basically dead in the water now, so all we can do is wait, fuck."

[EXTRA͟NÍO̸U͞S͢ LO͞GS EXPUNGED]

16:52 Tenente Castello: "I'm picking up more flashes of light on the sensors, but I can't triangulate a location or distance for them, they're all emitting D͢i̕ Caṕr͜ío ҉radiation."
16:53 Captain Detective: "Alert m͘e ҉o̧f̡ ̴any̸ ͠furthe̴r̸ àcti̷vity, a̡n͝d͟ ͝st̕ay on high alert."

[EXTRANI̕ǪU͠S҉ LOGS EXPUNGED]

17:23 Tenente Castello: "Sir, there's an object accelerating towards us, emitting high levels of Di Caprio radiation. I don't know where it came from, we should have spotted it when it entered this sector, much less this parsec, it looks like it's going to intercept us at our current drift trajectory. I'll get it onscree̕ņ.̡..͟ ͜H͘uh, the feed's not working, are the cameras out too?"

17:23 Captain Detective: "Fucking hell, does AN̸YTH̸I̕ŃG work on this ship when we need it to!"

[CAMERAS CEASE TO SEND FEED TO THE TENENTE'S CONSOLE, BUT CONTINUE TO RECORD TO ONBOARD BLACKBOX]

17:24 Tenente Castello: "Sen͡s̢o͟rs śhow ̢m̀ore͞ ơbjects e͝m̶m͏i̶t̀i͝n̵g ͏Di ͏Cáp̵r͡i̸o ͠r҉àd̵iatio̕n ͠o҉n̡ ̴an ̸i͜nt̸e͟r̨c̛e͘p͡t ̛c̛o̡úrse, ͜t̨h͡e̷y ̕s͏hou͟ld̀ be̛ ̕v́is͘abl̵e̷ ͜fro͟m t͘h̛e̵ ͠wi͜n҉ḑows͞ ̨sh͞or̶t̴ly̷."
17:24 Captain Detective: "I'͜l̢l̷ g̡o ̢t̕ake̷ a͡ ͢lo͏o̸k͠ o͝ùt̶ the̶,̛ ȍ̫̩̭̗̺̞͕̜̊ͧͩͮ̑̏h̨̟͈̱̝͔̎͛͛̎̓ͩ̽̕ ͕̦̔ͤ̍̆̊̏̍̉ͤf̵͎̲͚̺̲͎̩̈͊̎͊̇ͥ̏ͣͧ́̚͝͠u̢ͥ͑̏͆҉̘̘͓̹̮̩̜̳̩͙̺̪͙̜̞̠̜ͅç̷̛͍̝̭͔̒̊͆̃͗͛ͣ͌̚͢-

[AUDIO LOGS CORRUPTED AT 17:25]

[IMAGE RECORDED AT 17:26:33, BY EXTERNAL CAMERA 023, HEAVILY CORRUPTED]

[FRONT 'MASK' SUSTAINS HEAVY DAMAGE AND BEGINS TO SEPERATE FROM THE REMAINDER OF THE HULL]

[IMAGE RECORDED AT 17:42:13, BY EXTERNAL CAMERA 126, HEAVILY CORRUPTED]

[MULTIPLE IMPACTS SUSTAINED, VACUUM BREACHED, WEAPONS SYSTEMS COMPROMISED, AUTOMATIC FAILSAFES DEACTIVATED]

[REMAINING SENSORS INDICATE MASSIVE EMISSIONS OF DI CAPRIO RADIATION IN AREA, DETECTS OBJECT EXCEEDING HARDCODED MEASUREMENT LIMITS IN MASS AND AREA MATERIALIZING]

[REMAINING SENSORS AND LIFE SUPPORT GO OFFLINE, POWER CORE BEGINS TO FAIL]

[IMAGE RECORDED AT 18:35:63, BY EXTERNAL CAMERA 413, HEAVILY CORRUPTED]

[LAST RECORDED DATA ON BLACK BOX]
18:35:64 ???: "Και Lo, για τη Γη ήταν άδειο του εντύπου, και άκυρη. Και το σκοτάδι ήταν όλο το πρόσωπο του βαθιού. Και μας είπε: Κοίτα αυτόν τον μαλάκα χορός"

[FINAL SYSTEM SHUTDOWN AT 18:35:64, BLACK BOX AUTOMATICALLY JETITSONED, RECORDING ENDS]

[NO TRACE OF WRECKAGE OR DI CAPRIO RADIATION WAS FOUND AT RENDEZVOUS POINT, TITAN CLASS SHIP, 'SOUL'S PERDITION' AND ALL CREW ARE TO BE CONSIDERED MISSING IN ACTION UNTIL FURTHER INVESTIGATION]

Spoiler: show
on a thematic note, this is my 666th post :666:
The only unflawed system is Lego System.
Zupponn wrote:
Colette wrote:You're free to make your own map from scratch, however.

All you have to do is flatten his head.
Scratch
Jaw-Jaw

Re: TEASER 2

Postby lordintype » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:44 pm

A mysterious thing emitting high levels of radiation that turns off just about every single computer system when you need them. Spooky.
General strategy: Sacrifice my minifigs, get an almighty benny.
Team strategy: You guys, pointlessly sacrifice your dudes. I'll be our saving grace.
TROLOLO
lordintype
Hero

Postby Zahru II » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:46 pm

I feel kinda bad that the only thing that comes to mind is "thick ropey strands".
Zahru II
balls just have this nasty tendency to wear out over time

Postby lordintype » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:54 pm

Zahru II wrote:I feel kinda bad that the only thing that comes to mind is "thick ropey strands".

Or tentacles.
General strategy: Sacrifice my minifigs, get an almighty benny.
Team strategy: You guys, pointlessly sacrifice your dudes. I'll be our saving grace.
TROLOLO
lordintype
Hero

Postby Kommander Ken » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:16 pm

That's some creepy shit right there. Nice job, Scratch.
Frostborne Cometh : Chapter One / Chapter Two / The Tribe
Kommander Ken
Minifig

Postby Zupponn » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:55 pm

Nice man. I can't wait for the next part!
Zupponn
Lovable and funny
Lovable and funny

Postby BFenix » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:43 am

Zupponn wrote:Nice man. I can't wait for the next part!
BFenix
Pooplord

Postby Vami IV » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:54 pm

BFenix wrote:
Zupponn wrote:Nice man. I can't wait for the next part!
Tzan wrote:
Vami_IV wrote:Rules:
You must use only medieval pieces.

The Lego briks must have been manufactured between the 5th to the 15th century.

Vami IV
My Little Pony

Postby Silverdream » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:26 pm

Very nice, especially that last gif.

Is Di Caprio radiation a reference to the star of Inception?

mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
Blockguy

Return to Magic Soap Opera Board