Dropbox help

Jesus Christ, guys. No one cares about your fucking problems.
This forum is also known as Thunderdumb Lite or Applied Thunderdumb.

Moderator: dilanski

Dropbox help

Postby Silverdream » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:30 pm

How do I link an image? You know, so this:

[img]http://www.dropbox.bullshit[img]

ends up like this:

Image
Image

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.


Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.


Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
User avatar
Silverdream
Blockguy
 
Posts: 7289
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: In a giant pile of potatoes and red meat.

Re: Dropbox help

Postby Keldoclock » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:23 pm

I think there are some options in dropbox to have an external link to a file.
Image
stubby wrote:omg noob, balrogs are maiars too, don't you know anything
User avatar
Keldoclock
Pooplord
 
Posts: 2749
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:19 pm
Location: New York City

Re: Dropbox help

Postby Tzan » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:18 pm

Open your file spying thingy.
Got to the Dropbox folder
Open the Public folder then read the file:

Dropbox>Public>How to use the Public folder.rtf

Follow instructions.

Then paste ( ctrl+V ) between the img tags.

The Public Folder lets you easily share single files in your Dropbox. Any file you put in this folder gets its own Internet link so that you can share it with others-- even non-Dropbox users! These links work even if your computer’s turned off.

Step 1: Drop a file into the Public folder.

Step 2: Right-click/control-click this file, then choose Dropbox > Copy Public Link. This copies the Internet link to your file so that you can paste it somewhere else.

That's it! You can now share this file with others: just paste the link into e-mails, instant message conversations, blogs, etc.!

If you'd like more help with sharing files, head here: http://www.dropbox.com/help/16

Happy Dropboxing!
- The Dropbox Team

Note: You can only link to actual files within your Public Folder, not to folders.



Also the Dropbox program needs to be ON to grab a link.
I have mine default to off, so I need to turn it on when I add images and get links.
User avatar
Tzan
Pooplord
 
Posts: 4771
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:41 pm
Location: Boston

Re: Dropbox help

Postby Silverdream » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:02 am

New problem, the pics are now too big for the brikwars forums. How do I keep them Normal size?

Note: I mean for some reason it likes to zoom in 2000%. Is there any way to remedy this.
Image

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.


Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.


Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
User avatar
Silverdream
Blockguy
 
Posts: 7289
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: In a giant pile of potatoes and red meat.

Re: Dropbox help

Postby Tzan » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:39 am

When you take pictures your setting on the camera will probably be too big.
The pictures I take are about 2000 pixels.
So you need to resize them in a program like Photoshop or Gimp.
I don't know Gimp, but I could help with PS.

The main reason people use the photo file sharing sites is because they don't want to learn how to resize using Gimp.
If you do try Gimp, also use AutoLevels and a Sharpen filter after resizing.

If you can take smaller pictures in the camera, that would also work.

Made you learn Dropbox for nothing! :haha:
Unless you also learn Gimp, it which case you are a master of your own domain and you doesn't afraid of anything photo related.
User avatar
Tzan
Pooplord
 
Posts: 4771
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:41 pm
Location: Boston

Re: Dropbox help

Postby Keldoclock » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:25 am

Tzan wrote:
Made you learn Dropbox for nothing! :haha:

:fist: You bastard, you taught me a useful skill!
Image
stubby wrote:omg noob, balrogs are maiars too, don't you know anything
User avatar
Keldoclock
Pooplord
 
Posts: 2749
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:19 pm
Location: New York City

Re: Dropbox help

Postby Zupponn » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:27 pm

Shit, so I've been doing it wrong this whole time?
Image
Image
User avatar
Zupponn
No Lego part truly dies
No Lego part truly dies
 
Posts: 5354
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:15 pm
Location: Wisconsin, land of the cheese

Re: Dropbox help

Postby Tzan » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:37 pm

It looks like you are dumping a cardboard box into the ocean.
User avatar
Tzan
Pooplord
 
Posts: 4771
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:41 pm
Location: Boston

Re: Dropbox help

Postby Zupponn » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:51 pm

Tzan wrote:It looks like you are dumping a cardboard box into the ocean.

No, I'm dropping the box into the ocean. :rtfm:
Image
User avatar
Zupponn
No Lego part truly dies
No Lego part truly dies
 
Posts: 5354
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:15 pm
Location: Wisconsin, land of the cheese

Re: Dropbox help

Postby Tzan » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:57 pm

Ah I see :)
Valuable paper files for Aquaman.


I need to start a new company.

DumpBox
Slogan: "Its where you dump your krap!"
"Do you have krap, there is a DumpBox for that!"
User avatar
Tzan
Pooplord
 
Posts: 4771
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:41 pm
Location: Boston

Re: Dropbox help

Postby Silverdream » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:22 pm

Tzan wrote:When you take pictures your setting on the camera will probably be too big.
The pictures I take are about 2000 pixels.
So you need to resize them in a program like Photoshop or Gimp.
I don't know Gimp, but I could help with PS.

The main reason people use the photo file sharing sites is because they don't want to learn how to resize using Gimp.
If you do try Gimp, also use AutoLevels and a Sharpen filter after resizing.

If you can take smaller pictures in the camera, that would also work.

Made you learn Dropbox for nothing! :haha:
Unless you also learn Gimp, it which case you are a master of your own domain and you doesn't afraid of anything photo related.


So I have to resize 40+ images now after buying photoshop, even though I happen to be poor and without much time?
Image

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.


Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.


Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
User avatar
Silverdream
Blockguy
 
Posts: 7289
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: In a giant pile of potatoes and red meat.

Re: Dropbox help

Postby lorbaat » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:27 pm

Yes.
User avatar
lorbaat
Minifig
 
Posts: 287
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:54 am

Re: Dropbox help

Postby Silverdream » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:39 pm

:saucy:
Image

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.


Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.


Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
User avatar
Silverdream
Blockguy
 
Posts: 7289
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: In a giant pile of potatoes and red meat.

Re: Dropbox help

Postby Colette » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:06 pm

Buy an iPhone- then you can take the pictures, batch resize them, easily apply any other special effect you want, then upload to photobucket all within 5-10 minutes without a computer. If it's not too long, you can even obtain the links and post the report from your iPhone.
Image
Image
Because everything's better with math...and firepower.
User avatar
Colette
I for one personally welcome clown face bologna
 
Posts: 2415
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:04 pm
Location: This Forum

Re: Dropbox help

Postby Tzan » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:40 pm

Silverdream wrote:So I have to resize 40+ images now


You don't have to, you get to, you lucky guy.


after buying photoshop, even though I happen to be poor and without much time?


Gimp is free.

So I guess this means you are afraid of photos.

Look I learned how to use the i button.
User avatar
Tzan
Pooplord
 
Posts: 4771
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:41 pm
Location: Boston

Next

Return to Advice

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest