How to take a girl out as friends

Jesus Christ, guys. No one cares about your fucking problems.
This forum is also known as Thunderdumb Lite or Applied Thunderdumb.

Moderator: dilanski

Re: How to take a girl out as friends

Postby Natalya » Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:09 am

If there is then it is their fault for making assumptions and thinking I am sending sexy signals when I am not.
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Each night alone I dream, that I'm a rebel Roller Queen‼
I'll be a star that shines, I can make the whole world mine‼"

Natalya
Tremble in awe, for I am become Admin, Banner of Noobs.
Tremble in awe, for I am become Admin, Banner of Noobs.

Postby Silverdream » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:44 am

It's also your fault for not telling them you have no sexual desire in them.

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby IVhorseman » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:46 am

And stop getting free things? What motivation would she have for that?

They're big boys/girls. They can figure that out on their own.
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby Silverdream » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:52 am

IVhorseman wrote:And stop getting free things? What motivation would she have for that?

I never suspected that I was the only one on the brikwars forums with a moral compass.

Mayhaps I don't belong here.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby IVhorseman » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:05 pm

Nah, you just completely misunderstand how dumb people can be sometimes. If you're not getting any but you keep buying shit for her in hopes that somehow it will magically change things, that's your bad. She doesn't have a responsibility to tell them theirs is a lost cause.
IVhorseman

Postby samuelzz10 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:33 pm

IVhorseman wrote:Nah, you just completely misunderstand how dumb people can be sometimes. If you're not getting any but you keep buying shit for her in hopes that somehow it will magically change things, that's your bad. She doesn't have a responsibility to tell them theirs is a lost cause.
Dude, it's still pretty fucked up.
my old sig

WARNING: Posts in forum may have been edited by forum
samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Postby Silverdream » Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:19 pm

IVhorseman wrote:Nah, you just completely misunderstand how dumb people can be sometimes. If you're not getting any but you keep buying shit for her in hopes that somehow it will magically change things, that's your bad. She doesn't have a responsibility to tell them theirs is a lost cause.

I guess I have a lot more to think about on this topic before I can reach a final opinion, because this is a good point. Still, I hope that Natalya is flamboyant enough for them to at least guess that she's a lesbian. That way if they are buying things to get her to like them, they are being homophobic and thus it is justified to take money away from them.

Although then again, it would probably make the homophobes more homophobic if they knew their gifts and shitty attempts at courting were all for naught.

On the other hand, leading people on so that they buy you stuff when you don't have any plans to do anything with them is really mean.

On the other other hand, people shouldn't expect to get affection by buying other people gifts unless they have already established a deal of some sort. This is the same sort of thinking that leads to White Knighting and Young Man's Disease.

Still, while people can be very prejudiced and have little knowledge about socialization they are also still people, and it's painful to watch them buy hundreds of dollars worth ofstuff for girls that don't like like them. Maybe I'm just biased as someone who has a certain syndrome.

Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby C4. » Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:51 pm

Silverdream wrote:

On the other hand, leading people on so that they buy you stuff when you don't have any plans to do anything with them is really mean.

It would be more fair to just tell them, "hey, that's not going to work but keep trying if you want to." Plenty of people would keep giving anyway; that way you get both gifts AND a free conscience.
C4.
Champion

Postby lorbaat » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:35 pm

Silverdream wrote:
IVhorseman wrote:And stop getting free things? What motivation would she have for that?

I never suspected that I was the only one on the brikwars forums with a moral compass.

Mayhaps I don't belong here.

No, I started a post questioning whether the used or the user was more pitiful, but then I assumed Natalya was either full-on trolling or exaggerating. As I weighed which was more likely, I realized I didn't care what a stranger on the internet did with people I'll never meet and that none of it had to do with Lego, wargames, or Lego wargames.

Then I had an egg sandwich. It was good, but a little overpriced. I should have gotten the tacos.
lorbaat
Minifig

Postby C4. » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:39 pm

Egg sandwiches are always over-priced. What kind of place sells both sandwiches and tacos?
C4.
Champion

Postby lorbaat » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:52 pm

C4. wrote:Egg sandwiches are always over-priced. What kind of place sells both sandwiches and tacos?

A fancy-pants Brooklyn brunch place.

They're egg/sausage/potato tacos. Really quite good.
lorbaat
Minifig

Postby stubby » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:14 pm

I buy shit for people all the time, including people of the attractive and female persuasion, with the specific intention of NOT getting any from them. There are many advantages to doing so.

6. For one thing, if they appreciate it, then being appreciated is nice in itself.
7. For another thing, if you do it right, then all their friends will want to know where they got whatever it is that you gave them, and whether or not you were looking for anything in return, and the forces of gossip will spread your legend. Just pick your victim so that your legend spreads with people who you want in your rolodex, and not hopeful parasites who will come looking for handouts.
8. Thing number eight: sex is nice, but networking is a force multiplier. If you pick your beneficiaries properly, then you get social legitimacy and social capital with anyone who is impressed that you and your victim are connected. Over time this can be leveraged into many more sexual options than whatever sex you might have gotten with the original recipient. (Or business leads, or party invitations, or whatever is the thing you're looking for out of the deal.)

So as far as working the network goes, the best strategy is to pick a person with high visibility but also a low chance of ruining things by having sex with you. Which makes Natalya a good choice for these dudes.
stubby
forum janitor

Postby The Shadowscythe » Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:04 am

stubby wrote:

I buy shit for people all the time, including people of the attractive and female persuasion, with the specific intention of NOT getting any from them. There are many advantages to doing so.

6. For one thing, if they appreciate it, then being appreciated is nice in itself.
7. For another thing, if you do it right, then all their friends will want to know where they got whatever it is that you gave them, and whether or not you were looking for anything in return, and the forces of gossip will spread your legend. Just pick your victim so that your legend spreads with people who you want in your rolodex, and not hopeful parasites who will come looking for handouts.
8. Thing number eight: sex is nice, but networking is a force multiplier. If you pick your beneficiaries properly, then you get social legitimacy and social capital with anyone who is impressed that you and your victim are connected. Over time this can be leveraged into many more sexual options than whatever sex you might have gotten with the original recipient. (Or business leads, or party invitations, or whatever is the thing you're looking for out of the deal.)

So as far as working the network goes, the best strategy is to pick a person with high visibility but also a low chance of ruining things by having sex with you. Which makes Natalya a good choice for these dudes.

So about a year ago when you decided to buy me the humble indie bundle when I was poor as allmighty fuck you -

6 - Wanted me to appreciate you? Dude, you practically have your own cult already - are you really that vain and fickle?

7 - Okay yeah, I am a loudmouth . . . but who the hell do you expect any of us to ever network with. Like, ever.

8 - I shall point you back up to number 7, even though it is well known that you want to pleasure more men - I uhhh . . . don't want to talk about this conversation any more.

And now I no longer find the .gif in my sig hillarious, in fact I now find it strange and disturbing.

In fact, I think I need a shower now. A cold shower. With vodka and chocolates.

Ignore the sound of Scythe crying in the corner.

-- WARNINK -- LINK BELOW IZ KNOWN TO CAUZE HEMMORAGE --

I WARNED YOU, DIDN'T I WARN YOU?! BLAME RAYHAWK DAMNIT.
The Shadowscythe
The Brikwars Trickster God.

Postby Kalvinator » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:42 am

Yeah...it may be time you find a new sig.
Kalvinator
in need of one still

Postby IVhorseman » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:42 am

The Shadowscythe wrote:6 - Wanted me to appreciate you? Dude, you practically have your own cult already - are you really that vain and fickle?

YES.
IVhorseman

PreviousNext

Return to Advice