How to take a girl out as friends

Jesus Christ, guys. No one cares about your fucking problems.
This forum is also known as Thunderdumb Lite or Applied Thunderdumb.

Moderator: dilanski

Re: How to take a girl out as friends

Postby Natalya » Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:24 pm

Silverdream wrote:
IVhorseman wrote:Nah, you just completely misunderstand how dumb people can be sometimes. If you're not getting any but you keep buying shit for her in hopes that somehow it will magically change things, that's your bad. She doesn't have a responsibility to tell them theirs is a lost cause.

I guess I have a lot more to think about on this topic before I can reach a final opinion, because this is a good point. Still, I hope that Natalya is flamboyant enough for them to at least guess that she's a lesbian. That way if they are buying things to get her to like them, they are being homophobic and thus it is justified to take money away from them.

I wear a rainbow bracelet on my right arm like constantly. If that doesn't clue them in...

Silverdream wrote:Although then again, it would probably make the homophobes more homophobic if they knew their gifts and shitty attempts at courting were all for naught.

On the other hand, leading people on so that they buy you stuff when you don't have any plans to do anything with them is really mean.

I don't lead them on like Bonn-o-Tron. Some people even do understand I'm gay and would never date them, but my superpowers appear to work on them too.

Silverdream wrote:On the other other hand, people shouldn't expect to get affection by buying other people gifts unless they have already established a deal of some sort. This is the same sort of thinking that leads to White Knighting and Young Man's Disease.

Still, while people can be very prejudiced and have little knowledge about socialization they are also still people, and it's painful to watch them buy hundreds of dollars worth ofstuff for girls that don't like like them. Maybe I'm just biased as someone who has a certain syndrome.

Okay it isn't hundreds of dollars, its just like food or random items of (not expensive) clothing or whatever.
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Each night alone I dream, that I'm a rebel Roller Queen‼
I'll be a star that shines, I can make the whole world mine‼"

Natalya
Tremble in awe, for I am become Admin, Banner of Noobs.

Postby Natalya » Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:33 pm

Silverdream wrote:It's also your fault for not telling them you have no sexual desire in them.

No it fucking isn't. If they don't ask me, "Do you have sexual desire in me?" If they don't ask me that, why should I volunteer that info? Awkward...

Oh and when I do get hit on by guys, frequently it is in the worst ways possible, like last night I'm at a bar dancing with a couple of my teammates (we were in dresses not derby clothes) and this weird hipster dude I have never seen before in my life comes up and puts his arm around me (WHICH IS NOT OKAY [unless you're a lady, then you have my consent]) and he is all up in my face asking what my dress size is because he wants me to be a model for him since I'm tall and thin and he is like constantly wiping his mouth with his shirt like he was drooling or something and fuck omg I'm glad my teammates got him the fuck away from me because it was fucking weird.

Maybe I should model for him and get his money because I'm good at "negotiating" prices. But he's not getting anything else from me and if he touches me ever again I'll break his wrist.

Or I could get video evidence of his unwanted advances and sue him for assault.

These hypotheticals all imply me running into him again.
  ▲
▲ ▲

Natalya

Postby Zupponn » Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:41 pm

Maybe people buying Natalya things is because she's just really friendly or something.
Zupponn
No Lego part truly dies
No Lego part truly dies

Postby samuelzz10 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:23 pm

Natalya wrote:
Silverdream wrote:It's also your fault for not telling them you have no sexual desire in them.

No it fucking isn't. If they don't ask me, "Do you have sexual desire in me?" If they don't ask me that, why should I volunteer that info?
You know what, you're right. There's a girl I like at my school who seems a little butch, but to make sure she isn't a lesbian I'll ask if she's interested in having sex with me one day.
Spoiler: show
my old sig

WARNING: Posts in forum may have been edited by forum
samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Postby Silverdream » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:44 pm

Natalya wrote:I wear a rainbow bracelet on my right arm like constantly. If that doesn't clue them in...

Natalya wrote:I don't lead them on like Bonn-o-Tron. Some people even do understand I'm dapper and would never date them, but my superpowers appear to work on them too.

Natalya wrote:Okay it isn't hundreds of dollars, its just like food or random items of (not expensive) clothing or whatever.

This context really changes everything. I guess I was a little quick to call you an evil manipulative bitch.

Zupponn wrote:Maybe people buying Natalya things is because she's just really friendly or something.

Yeah, or maybe it's really common for people to buy stuff for people they appreciate. I guess Rayhawk was right.

Natalya wrote:

No it fucking isn't. If they don't ask me, "Do you have sexual desire in me?" If they don't ask me that, why should I volunteer that info? Awkward...

Yeah, okay I guess what I said was pretty ridiculous. Especially when it's pretty obvious that you're a lesbian.

Also, I read Battle Royale on the bus today, and you could totally use this move on the creep. Just be sure to give the author credit.

This one chick stabs her attempted snuggler in the eyes with her nails, and finishes him off by stabbing him in the back of his mouth with an ice pick as he's crying for help.

Then again, lesbians are supposed to have short nails, so I don't know how much prep time you would need.

mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby Natalya » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:11 pm

samuelzz10 wrote:
Natalya wrote:

No it fucking isn't. If they don't ask me, "Do you have sexual desire in me?" If they don't ask me that, why should I volunteer that info?
You know what, you're right. There's a girl I like at my school who seems a little butch, but to make sure she isn't a lesbian I'll ask if she's interested in having sex with me one day.

Or you could grow a pair and ask her out on a date and if she refuses, maybe she was a princess, maybe she wasn't, but at least you found out AND you learned that even if she was straight she wasn't interested.

:protip: Don't ask her out for coffee or something boring like that, find out her interests and see if there's anything she wants to do related to one of those, that usually has a higher success rate for me. But it's even better if your interests overlap. Total hypothetical example here, if you both liked Star Trek you could like ask her if she wanted to see that with you. I mean, it has been out for a while, but this is a hypothetical here.

*EDIT*
I like how "dyke" filters to "princess" lol.
  ▲
▲ ▲

Natalya

Postby Natalya » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:16 pm

Silverdream wrote:
Zupponn wrote:Maybe people buying Natalya things is because she's just really friendly or something.

Yeah, or maybe it's really common for people to buy stuff for people they appreciate. I guess Rayhawk was right.

Knowing Zupponn, I'm going to assume he was actually being sarcastic and trying to say I'm totally not friendly, you know, with him being a :troll: and all. But maybe he was being sincere. Who knows?

But uhh yeah in person I am actually very friendly, unless you're a dude and you start touching me w/o permission, or you're a dude or a girl and you say something really homophobic or racist or sexist.
  ▲
▲ ▲

Natalya

Postby aoffan23 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:42 pm

Or if you start talking about the merits of ball joints.

As I was typing that, I suddenly got the urge to make a joke about Natalya being lesbian and hating ball joints, but I won't. Except I guess I just did. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Tzan wrote:
Quantumsurfer wrote:I generally agree with Tzan
Warhead wrote:I agree with QuantumSmurfer.

I agree with Warhead.
aoffan23
Pooplord

Postby Tzan » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:44 pm

aoffan23 wrote: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Nice!
I've never seen that one before.
Tzan
Pooplord

Postby aoffan23 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:47 pm

Tzan wrote:
aoffan23 wrote: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Nice!
I've never seen that one before.

I didn't come up with it. I forget where I first saw it, but with the context it was used in I nearly fell off my chair laughing.
Tzan wrote:
Quantumsurfer wrote:I generally agree with Tzan
Warhead wrote:I agree with QuantumSmurfer.

I agree with Warhead.
aoffan23
Pooplord

Postby Silverdream » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:55 pm

Natalya wrote:
But uhh yeah in person I am actually very friendly, unless you're a dude and you start touching me w/o permission, or you're a dude or a girl and you say something really homophobic or racist or sexist.

Or if you're a bisexual. Can't forget to hate the bisexuals.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby samuelzz10 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:40 pm

Natalya wrote:
samuelzz10 wrote:
Natalya wrote:

Or you could grow a pair and ask her out on a date and if she refuses, maybe she was a princess, maybe she wasn't, but at least you found out AND you learned that even if she was straight she wasn't interested.

:protip: Don't ask her out for coffee or something boring like that, find out her interests and see if there's anything she wants to do related to one of those, that usually has a higher success rate for me. But it's even better if your interests overlap. Total hypothetical example here, if you both liked Star Trek you could like ask her if she wanted to see that with you. I mean, it has been out for a while, but this is a hypothetical here.

*EDIT*
I like how "princess" filters to "princess" lol.

I'll take this to heart. Thanks.
my old sig

samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Postby Silverdream » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:58 pm

Natalya wrote:if you both liked Star Trek you could like ask her if she wanted to see that with you. I mean, it has been out for a while, but this is a hypothetical here.

Kalvinator already tried that, it doesn't work.

Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby Zupponn » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:52 am

Natalya wrote:
Silverdream wrote:

Knowing Zupponn, I'm going to assume he was actually being sarcastic and trying to say I'm totally not friendly, you know, with him being a :troll: and all. But maybe he was being sincere. Who knows?

C'mon. I'm not THAT much of a dick. I was just thinking that people who are friendly usually get things bought for them because people appreciate friendly people. There's too many grumpy people out there these days that are just jerks all the time that when someone is nice to someone else, people appreciate it.
Zupponn
No Lego part truly dies
No Lego part truly dies

Postby samuelzz10 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:14 am

POINTLESS BICKERING, SORRY
Last edited by samuelzz10 on Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
my old sig

samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

PreviousNext

Return to Advice