No idea what to do

Jesus Christ, guys. No one cares about your fucking problems.
This forum is also known as Thunderdumb Lite or Applied Thunderdumb.

Moderator: dilanski

Re: No idea what to do

Postby samuelzz10 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:46 pm

stubby wrote:
samuelzz10 wrote:Unless there are weird chemicals involved, weed doesn't kill brain cells

Nah, it just kills your motivation center. Which is why you see 40-year-old potheads still working at mcdonald's and sleeping on the couch. This is why the awesomeness standard is so important. Potheads are complete fucking losers at a higher percentage than non-potheads, but it's not direct cause and effect. It's way more important to keep track of who the losers are than to keep track of which of them are potheads.

I remember someone telling me that his older brother for a long time took mostly synthetic weed, and he lost 20-40 IQ points in a year. He did spew a lot of shit, but not when he was telling us about how dumb the people around him are to make himself look better, he only lied when he was talking about how great he is.
Spoiler: show
my old sig

WARNING: Posts in forum may have been edited by forum
samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Postby Overwatch_Elite » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:18 am

stubby wrote:
samuelzz10 wrote:Unless there are weird chemicals involved, weed doesn't kill brain cells

Nah, it just kills your motivation center. Which is why you see 40-year-old potheads still working at mcdonald's and sleeping on the couch. This is why the awesomeness standard is so important. Potheads are complete fucking losers at a higher percentage than non-potheads, but it's not direct cause and effect. It's way more important to keep track of who the losers are than to keep track of which of them are potheads.

I wont disagree with the majority of what you're saying, but not all potheads are lazy fucks who sit around and do nothing
Overwatch_Elite
Who watches the overwatch while the overwatch watches over the watchers of the overwatch?
Who watches the overwatch while the overwatch watches over the watchers of the overwatch?

Postby Natalya » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:41 am

Tons of people on weed make it nowhere. It also can fuck you up if you are unlucky and have a genetic predisposition towards certain kinds of mental illness. It fucked my brother up really bad.
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Each night alone I dream, that I'm a rebel Roller Queen‼
I'll be a star that shines, I can make the whole world mine‼"

Natalya
Tremble in awe, for I am become Admin, Banner of Noobs.

Postby stubby » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:23 am

Overwatch_Elite wrote:
stubby wrote:Potheads are complete fucking losers at a higher percentage than non-potheads

I wont disagree with the majority of what you're saying, but not all potheads are lazy fucks who sit around and do nothing

Some also tend to be poor at reading comprehension
stubby
forum janitor

Postby Natalya » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:40 am

I give that a 7 out of 10 on the burn scale. It was good but it was too easy for maximum points.
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Each night alone I dream, that I'm a rebel Roller Queen‼
I'll be a star that shines, I can make the whole world mine‼"

Natalya

Postby IVhorseman » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:00 pm

samuelzz10 wrote:
stubby wrote:

I remember someone telling me that his older brother for a long time took mostly synthetic weed, and he lost 20-40 IQ points in a year. He did spew a lot of shit, but not when he was telling us about how dumb the people around him are to make himself look better, he only lied when he was talking about how great he is.

Synthetic weed is a terrible, terrible thing. Unlike pot, synthetic weed actually DOES kill your braincells and has permenant psychological effects. "Spice" is pretty much just one step up from bath salts. It's a shame that weed has such a stigma about it that the uneducated go out and try all these legal alternatives that actually ARE harmful. It's also the only reason pot's considered a gateway drug.

As far as drugs go, weed is by far the most harmless one out there. Don't do it if you don't want to. There are people on both sides of the argument about whether or not it affects brain development in growing children, but my advice is to not risk it. Either way, smoking pot isn't what makes your friends suck.

I'm one of the potheads who managed to actually stay successful and not go anywhere close to being a loser, but that's only due to strict moderation. Yes, getting baked is fun as hell, I do it all the time. But there's a time to put the joint down and get your shit together.
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby The Shadowscythe » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:03 am

Joking about joining them aside, I always found that weed had a mixed bag of reactions with me. I would become relaxed, get the "high" and then become intensely focused for up to 10-12 hours at a time depending on how much I smoked.

Knowing this would be my reaction to smoking some pot I would normally set myself up with caffeinated drinks, snacks and some inspirational music and then smoke a couple of joints before an idea would wander into my head and then thunder my way through it like a man possessed. Up until a few years ago when I moved to Wales and could not find a dealer any more I got some of my best creative work done this way, be it writing, drawing, Lego or otherwise.

These day I would normally drink 1-2 bottles of Ale to get something akin to that feeling again but it is more difficult to manage that feeling of being focused while not getting drunk, caffiene is the same - a reasonable amount to get the energy buzz, but not so much as to give myself the shakes and fuck up my thought flow.

Unfortunately there are those out there who can become fucked up by weed but that can be applied to most substances, moderation and experience are the two key words here.

If you cannot handle it, don't take as much of it - you fuckwits.

-- WARNINK -- LINK BELOW IZ KNOWN TO CAUZE HEMMORAGE --

I WARNED YOU, DIDN'T I WARN YOU?! BLAME RAYHAWK DAMNIT.
The Shadowscythe
The Brikwars Trickster God.

Postby stubby » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:51 am

IVhorseman wrote:I'm one of the potheads who managed to actually stay successful and not go anywhere close to being a loser, but that's only due to strict moderation.

All potheads say this, both losers and non-losers.

The true long-term effect of pot isn't that it makes you dumb, it's that the way it deactivates your motivation center puts your standards for success on pause. The forty-year-old living on the couch and bragging about being in line for the manager position at McDonald's legitimately thinks he's "staying successful" because he started smoking pot at 16 and is still judging his life by the standards of a 16-year-old.
stubby
forum janitor

Postby IVhorseman » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:46 am

I mean I guess graduating on time and getting a well-paying job within a month of graduating despite horrendously fucked up legs isn't that cool. :silver:
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby stubby » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:28 pm

IVhorseman wrote:
stubby wrote:All potheads say this, both losers and non-losers.

I mean I guess graduating on time and getting a well-paying job within a month of graduating despite horrendously fucked up legs isn't that cool. :silver:

Hey, I'm not saying which group you're in.
stubby
forum janitor

Postby The Shadowscythe » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:56 pm

stubby wrote:
IVhorseman wrote:
stubby wrote:All potheads say this, both losers and non-losers.

Hey, I'm not saying which group you're in.

I'd say he is cool - he's one step closer to me than having a peg-leg. Hell, he's two steps closer to having two peg-legs, which is twice as cool.

One of my life ambitions is to one day toke with IVhorseman, and it should be everyone else's too.

The Shadowscythe

Postby dilanski » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:23 pm

My dad has spent years mentally conditioning me to believe that if I so much as have a whiff of cannabis, my brain will explode. He was surprisingly nonchalant when I asked about Acid.
ImageImageImage
dilanski
Now with added tractor fetish

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain & Subjugated Ireland

Postby The Shadowscythe » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:29 am

dilanski wrote:My dad has spent years mentally conditioning me to believe that if I so much as have a whiff of cannabis, my brain will explode. He was surprisingly nonchalant when I asked about Acid.

Well it would make sence that your dad would be the one to advocate tripping one's balls off.

After all, acid is a man's drug.

The Shadowscythe

Postby Zupponn » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:44 pm

The Shadowscythe wrote:After all, acid is a man's drug.

But only when it's battery acid.
Zupponn
Lovable and funny
Lovable and funny

Postby stubby » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:15 pm

The Shadowscythe wrote:as funny as kicking a clown in the dick.

I don't think we can really know exactly how funny this is until we've done a lot more research. Let's get the BrikWars research team on the job.
stubby
forum janitor

PreviousNext

Return to Advice