Decisions

Jesus Christ, guys. No one cares about your fucking problems.
This forum is also known as Thunderdumb Lite or Applied Thunderdumb.

Moderator: dilanski

Re: Decisions

Postby samuelzz10 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:51 pm

IVhorseman wrote:Need? That escalated quickly.

Well, we are talking about shitty ways to make a comeback here. If there's a mutual liking, she'll probably take it and act like Kalv didn't say something from a shitty early 2000s romantic comedy film.
Spoiler: show
my old sig

WARNING: Posts in forum may have been edited by forum
samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Postby IVhorseman » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:01 pm

So what you're saying is that he should lie about his feelings and exaggerate in order to manipulate her into a relationship.

Yes now is the time for making mistakes, but that's one mistake you probably want to avoid if you can. Always be honest with your feelings, and don't make shit up. The only thing worse than them finding out you weren't sincere is when your entire relationship completely constructed around that sham.
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby samuelzz10 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:06 pm

IVhorseman wrote:So what you're saying is that he should lie about his feelings and exaggerate in order to manipulate her into a relationship.

There is a chance he could actually be wrong about girl 2, but yeah I'm just fucking around here.
my old sig

samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Postby Natalya » Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:10 am

If she doesn't put out after 2 dates then you should cut your losses and buy a whore.

Honestly, you probably have nothing in common with any of these people other than that you go to the same school. You need to think about what you want to get out of a relationship. Is your goal long-lasting love where you live together and get old together? Probably not. I mean that get's hyped up but that probably isn't your goal. The problem you're going to have is that girls are told from a young age that their goal is that kind of long-lasting love, so they come into their early relationships with all that shit up in their head which makes them do stupid desperate things and often leads to them being hurt, so really, do whoever you date a favour and think about what you want from the relationship (which is probably sex because you're like in high-school and you're a boy) and once you figure out what you want then go and try to date someone but let her know what you are looking for up front so she doesn't chase her magic disney princess bullshit dreams and get upset. Or she could be a stupid skank trying to climb the social ladder -- fucking avoid those girls they are vapid, vacant, and void of anything you might want (unless it's just sex, then she'll probably put out in order to keep you with her [because that is probably the only reason anyone would want to spend time with her] as long as she sees you as a way to move up) to see in a person you're dating.

Oh it is also okay to use trial-and-error here. You might not actually know what you're looking for, so experiment and do multiple things to find out what makes you feel good. But if you find yourself dating someone and 3 months down the road you're always angry and shit or you're always sad and crying and eating salami in the bathtub then go back to thinking about "what do I want?" and re-evaluate your situation.
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Each night alone I dream, that I'm a rebel Roller Queen‼
I'll be a star that shines, I can make the whole world mine‼"

Natalya
Tremble in awe, for I am become Admin, Banner of Noobs.

Postby IVhorseman » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:49 pm

Natalya wrote:3 months down the road you're always angry and shit or you're always sad and crying and eating salami in the bathtub

:wtc:
IVhorseman

Postby Silverdream » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:58 pm

Natalya wrote:If she doesn't put out after 2 dates then you should cut your losses and buy a whore.

Honestly, you probably have nothing in common with any of these people other than that you go to the same school. You need to think about what you want to get out of a relationship. Is your goal long-lasting love where you live together and get old together? Probably not. I mean that get's hyped up but that probably isn't your goal. The problem you're going to have is that girls are told from a young age that their goal is that kind of long-lasting love, so they come into their early relationships with all that shit up in their head which makes them do stupid desperate things and often leads to them being hurt, so really, do whoever you date a favour and think about what you want from the relationship (which is probably sex because you're like in high-school and you're a boy) and once you figure out what you want then go and try to date someone but let her know what you are looking for up front so she doesn't chase her magic disney princess bullshit dreams and get upset. Or she could be a stupid skank trying to climb the social ladder -- fucking avoid those girls they are vapid, vacant, and void of anything you might want (unless it's just sex, then she'll probably put out in order to keep you with her [because that is probably the only reason anyone would want to spend time with her] as long as she sees you as a way to move up) to see in a person you're dating.

Oh it is also okay to use trial-and-error here. You might not actually know what you're looking for, so experiment and do multiple things to find out what makes you feel good. But if you find yourself dating someone and 3 months down the road you're always angry and shit or you're always sad and crying and eating salami in the bathtub then go back to thinking about "what do I want?" and re-evaluate your situation.

I agree with your assessment, but I have to add that Kalvinator may just want a girflfriend so that he can say he's had one. Having had a girlfriend during High School means your not one of those pathetic lonely weirdos who touches their own buttock and pretends it's a boob.

mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby IVhorseman » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:15 pm

Even though that reinforces the whole "women are objects that display your status" thing. Don't ever think that having a girlfriend makes you any more or less of a person.
IVhorseman

Postby Silverdream » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:27 pm

IVhorseman wrote:Even though that reinforces the whole "women are objects that display your status" thing. Don't ever think that having a girlfriend makes you any more or less of a person.

I'm not saying it's a good thing (in fact I would say it's the opposite), but many teenagers (and some adults) feel like they have to prove their masculinity all the time. I'm also not saying that it's the case with Kalvinator, but if it is he should know that he should be cool with who he is.

There's also a documentary being made about this subject: (trailer)

mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby Tzan » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:01 pm

Silverdream wrote:There's also a documentary being made about this subject: (trailer)

That documentary was so good!
I got so much helpful advice in the first 20 seconds, so I turned it off and began my new life. :boss:
Tzan
Pooplord

Postby Overwatch_Elite » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:45 pm

I agree with Tzan, that's some of the most helpful advice I've ever been given.
Overwatch_Elite
Who watches the overwatch while the overwatch watches over the watchers of the overwatch?
Who watches the overwatch while the overwatch watches over the watchers of the overwatch?

Postby Natalya » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:33 pm

Kalvinator wrote:I just didn't see that lasting very long as the guy is kinda a douche. But, I suppose I was wrong.

If a girl starts dating a douche in the first place then they get past like a week, well, there is low likelihood she will leave him. Him being a douche makes her more likely to stay with him. It's kinda stupid. Don't go for girls who date douches, otherwise you'll end up being the douche, because that's the kind of guy they like.

IVhorseman wrote:
Natalya wrote:3 months down the road you're always angry and shit or you're always sad and crying and eating salami in the bathtub

:wtc:

What I mean is if you find yourself in either situation then you know it's not working.

Silverdream wrote:
Natalya wrote:Stuff...

I agree with your assessment, but I have to add that Kalvinator may just want a girflfriend so that he can say he's had one. Having had a girlfriend during High School means your not one of those pathetic lonely weirdos who touches their own buttock and pretends it's a boob.

Well so far he hasn't told us what he thinks he's looking for or why he likes these girls so I mean he could have different motives.
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Each night alone I dream, that I'm a rebel Roller Queen‼
I'll be a star that shines, I can make the whole world mine‼"

Natalya

Postby samuelzz10 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:08 pm

I don't know any guys who date just for sex (I usually tune douchebags out of my life, I swear I haven't noticed a guy talking about how awesome he is because he's masturbated before while he has beats headphones around his neck in a few months, which is probably the reason why)

The reason I started dating my GF is because I knew that if I didn't, I was going to miss out on the only girl I've ever seen that likes metal that isn't deathcore and Futurama, and various other things. And also because I lost basically all my friends to school (One friend when to an advanced placement school, the other one goes to a school 45 minutes away because his mom counsels there and the other one goes to the same school as the first one, and all of them are in advanced classes and two of them are in the school bands) so I was getting really lonely.

TL,DR: Don't assume Kalv wants a girlfriend for sex and stuff, and don't assume all guys are assholes.
my old sig

samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Postby IVhorseman » Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:57 pm

samuelzz10 wrote:The reason I started dating my GF is because I knew that if I didn't, I was going to miss out on the only girl I've ever seen that likes metal that isn't deathcore and Futurama

Protip: you won't. Lots of people are cool, and roughly half of them are girls. Either way, no reason not to have fun now, but getting into a "she's the only one who blah blah blah" mindset can be dangerous.
IVhorseman

Postby stubby » Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:33 pm

samuelzz10 wrote:TL,DR: Don't assume Kalv wants a girlfriend for sex and stuff, and don't assume all guys are assholes.

Dating someone just for sex doesn't make you an asshole. As long as you and your sex compatriot are on the same page, go crazy.

On the other hand, all guys are assholes. Some guys try to convince themselves that they aren't assholes, and they're the biggest assholes of all. Once you accept that you're an asshole it's a lot easier to recognize and compensate for it.
stubby
forum janitor

Postby Overwatch_Elite » Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:02 pm

stubby wrote:
samuelzz10 wrote:On the other hand, all guys are assholes. Some guys try to convince themselves that they aren't assholes, and they're the biggest assholes of all. Once you accept that you're an asshole it's a lot easier to recognize and compensate for it.

But I'm different. I always tip my fedora to all women in the vicinity and end every sentence to a girl with "m'lady".
Overwatch_Elite

PreviousNext

Return to Advice