Decisions

Jesus Christ, guys. No one cares about your fucking problems.
This forum is also known as Thunderdumb Lite or Applied Thunderdumb.

Moderator: dilanski

Re: Decisions

Postby stubby » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:19 pm

Overwatch_Elite wrote:But I'm different. I always tip my fedora to all women in the vicinity and end every sentence to a girl with "m'lady".

I'm thinking of making a new faction. BrikWars needs some explanation for why there are so few female minifigures compared to the male ones, and also some way to alienate redditors. Obviously we need some kind of Fedoranuker conspiracy to keep femfigs in their place.

The solution: The secret order of Fedorables. Every time a female fig is caught acting with some goal other than living up to a male fig's fantasy, the Fedorables start crying and throwing temper tantrums until the female figs are disgusted and leave. And if that doesn't work, they escalate to phase 2: pooping in their diapers.

stubby
Psy.D Manchild Psychology, U. of Wikipedia

Postby Silverdream » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:25 pm

Beautiful. They should all carry red pillsto force feed to anyone that questions them, and there should be an elite psionic branch called the Sedditors who use their powers to destroy intelligent females of any race.

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby stubby » Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:42 pm

Silverdream wrote:Beautiful. They should all carry red pillsto force feed to anyone that questions them, and there should be an elite psionic branch called the Sedditors who use their powers to destroy intelligent females of any race.

Nah. Funnier if they react to questions by immediately choking down red pills themselves, putting them in a catatonic state and protecting themselves from the risk of thinking too hard about the answers.

I'm thinking "Warhedditors" - groups of Mommy-Reliant Adolescents organized into dedicated groups of Mom-Rustling Abductors who abduct all the moms they can find, both to keep them out of Warhead's grasp and so that they never have to do their own laundry or wipe their own bottoms.
stubby

Postby IVhorseman » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:22 pm

And ironically, none of them realize that they are all Warhead's children in the first place.
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby The Shadowscythe » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:41 am

-- WARNINK -- LINK BELOW IZ KNOWN TO CAUZE HEMMORAGE --
Spoiler: show

I WARNED YOU, DIDN'T I WARN YOU?! BLAME RAYHAWK DAMNIT.
The Shadowscythe
The Brikwars Trickster God.

Postby Natalya » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:10 pm

Silverdream wrote:Beautiful. They should all carry red pillsto force feed to anyone that questions them, and there should be an elite psionic branch called the Sedditors who use their powers to destroy intelligent females of any race.

I like can't believe the shit I saw when I clicked that link.

I must be getting sloppy.

I need to go back to 4chan and level up again.
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Each night alone I dream, that I'm a rebel Roller Queen‼
I'll be a star that shines, I can make the whole world mine‼"

Natalya
Tremble in awe, for I am become Admin, Banner of Noobs.

Postby dilanski » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:53 pm

You wont believe this. I got up this morning, did my ritual of a cup of Tea and internet browsing on a Wednesday saw this thread, then got on the college bus, and half way there, I shit you not, a guy with a fedora got on, and sat right in front of me, and I shit you not, it was a beige fedora, a fucking beige fedora, seriously, that is some inception shit right there.
ImageImageImage
dilanski
Now with added tractor fetish

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain & Subjugated Ireland

Postby stubby » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:01 pm

Shit, you're in college already? Damn, now I feel old

Natalya wrote:

I like can't believe the shit I saw when I clicked that link.

stubby

Postby Colette » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:22 pm

stubby wrote:
Overwatch_Elite wrote:But I'm different. I always tip my fedora to all women in the vicinity and end every sentence to a girl with "m'lady".

I'm thinking of making a new faction. BrikWars needs some explanation for why there are so few female minifigures compared to the male ones, and also some way to alienate redditors. Obviously we need some kind of Fedoranuker conspiracy to keep femfigs in their place.

The solution: The secret order of Fedorables. Every time a female fig is caught acting with some goal other than living up to a male fig's fantasy, the Fedorables start crying and throwing temper tantrums until the female figs are disgusted and leave. And if that doesn't work, they escalate to phase 2: pooping in their diapers.

I don't know what to think, aside from "NEW STUBBY ARTWORK!".
Because everything's better with math...and firepower.
Colette
I for one personally welcome clown face bologna

Postby Kalvinator » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:22 am

WOW :shock: What happened to my thread. I just came on here to give ya'll an update.

You would think that after three weeks of texting pretty much nonstop you would think that a girl would somehow mention her boyfriend. Early then right after you ask her to go to the Valentines Day dance.
So yah, fuck all. :(

Anyways, at Natyala, what I want in a relationship is: a person who cares about me, and likes me, and I like back, but more then a friend, and in a different way then family. Sex, yah, it'd be great, but I honestly don't expect it in a teenage relationship. So, I want one to fill some void of loneliness I have that more friends won't satisfy.
Kalvinator
in need of one still

Postby Colette » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:23 am

Kalvinator wrote:...Early then right after you ask her to go to the Valentines Day dance...

You know what I'm doing on Valentine's Day? I'll be taking an exam for the next round of Chemistry Olympiad.
Because everything's better with math...and firepower.
Colette
I for one personally welcome clown face bologna

Postby IVhorseman » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:29 am

Of course she didn't mention her boyfriend, that'd make you stop texting! Sounds like all the warning signs of a manipulative girl - even if you did start dating her or whatever she'd be texting other dudes, and that sounds like pretty much the opposite of what you want. Besides, you have a plan B, so why fret over a learned experience?
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby Kalvinator » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:15 am

IVhorseman wrote:Of course she didn't mention her boyfriend, that'd make you stop texting! Sounds like all the warning signs of a manipulative girl - even if you did start dating her or whatever she'd be texting other dudes, and that sounds like pretty much the opposite of what you want. Besides, you have a plan B, so why fret over a learned experience?

Well, I was talking about Girl B/Punk girl. As for the other one, I'm pretty sure that ship has sailed. So, I think I'm just going to be giving up on trying to obtain a date for a while.
Kalvinator
in need of one still

OP

Postby Natalya » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:55 am

You should have stopped texting her the second she said she had a boyfriend. I hope you did.

Okay so you're back to square 0. Time to level up some. For the girl to actually care about you, that comes probably a bit after you actually start dating them, that is a good goal but right now you need a date first. Liking each other and caring are very important goals but they come after some initial time together.

So, my suggestion would be ask out some girls whom you assume to be single whom you also assume to have some shared interests with. If you're in any clubs at school, those might be the place to look. This is the levelling up I am talking about, going around and asking girls out. Some will reject you outright but that's part of the experience. :protip: Try asking out girls who you know have a boyfriend first just to get some experience with dealing with rejection. It will be easier because you know the outcome going in. Note: If they have a BF and they say 'yes' for some reason find some way to get out of it because you might get used. Never date a girl who is with another person. Besides, you're here to get rejected. I mean, as awesome as I am, even I have been rejected, but that only means they couldn't handle my awesomeness. :rtfm:

Narcissism aside, when you go to ask them out (the girls you are actually trying to date), have a plan in mind. It's not just, "Wanna go out with me," it's more like, "Wanna go out with me? I was thinking we could see a movie or go to a park and walk around or go get dinner or ride go-karts or play violent video games or listen to live music somewhere (usually a bad idea) or, the best one ever, play Lego together." Whatever, come up with something that you might enjoy doing that she might also enjoy doing. You'll look pretty cool :dog: if you have a plan. The point of dates is to get talking to the girl and get to know them. That's why I don't recommend movies as a first date even though they do have other advantages.

Your main objectives on your date is to A) find out of she's batshit crazy or not, or if she has emotional issues which cannot be resolved, and B) find out if you are compatible or not. Compatibility is harder to figure out, especially on a first date, but after a few dates you will seem to work that one out. I'm talking about similar interests and stuff, can she talk to you about things you like to talk about, but also more nuanced crap like do you both talk in a way where you actually understand each other? It's complicated you'll figure it out.

tl;dr
Step 1: Find some girls who might share similar interests who might be single
Step 2: Ask them out until you get one who says yes
Step 3: Go on a first date
Step 4: At end of the night if you had a good time ask them if they want to do something else in the future
Step 5: If you didn't really like her after all just try to say bye and not get into seeing her again
Step 6: If you see her again work on making sure you have fun with her with whatever y'all end up doing
Step 7: ??????
Step 8: Now you are ready to bang.
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Each night alone I dream, that I'm a rebel Roller Queen‼
I'll be a star that shines, I can make the whole world mine‼"

Natalya

Re: OP

Postby stubby » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:06 am

Natalya wrote:You should have stopped texting her the second she said she had a boyfriend. I hope you did.

Whoa! Girlfriendzoned!

Man, you guys all take this dating stuff way too seriously. She's just back-burnering you, that's completely normal. You're someone she'd like to be connected to but she can't date you right now because she already has existing obligations. You either take it in stride like a reasonable human being, or you flip a table over with the "your failure to be available at this exact moment makes you worthless to me GUH!!!"

Seriously, take a step back and relax. If you think she's worth knowing then she's worth knowing outside of a girlfriend relationship. If you think she's not worth knowing, then you shouldn't be trying to date her in the first place.

In your shoes, I'd be telling her I was disappointed to find out she's not available right now, but to let me know if that changes in the future, and who knows, maybe our availabilities will line up. And then continue business as usual and not worry about it. Because what's the big deal? Pursue somebody else in the meantime.
stubby

PreviousNext

Return to Advice