MLA citation help

Jesus Christ, guys. No one cares about your fucking problems.
This forum is also known as Thunderdumb Lite or Applied Thunderdumb.

Moderator: dilanski

MLA citation help

Postby Silverdream » Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:14 pm

I need to cite quotes from a film, and for MLA I need to cite stories as (Writer, Page) after a quote. I was wondering how I would do this with film. Google hasn't been a very good help, and I'm unsure of the scene's exact time since I've been using the script to confirm quotes.

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
Blockguy

Re: MLA citation help

Postby Colette » Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:15 pm

Silverdream wrote:I need to cite quotes from a film, and for MLA I need to cite stories as (Writer, Page) after a quote. I was wondering how I would do this with film. Google hasn't been a very good help, and I'm unsure of the scene's exact time since I've been using the script to confirm quotes.

Ed Wood. Dir. Tim Burton. Perf. Johnny Depp, Martin Landau, Sarah Jessica Parker, Patricia Arquette. Touchstone, 1994. DVD.

(Movie Title) for in-text I'm assuming.
Because everything's better with math...and firepower.
Colette
I for one personally welcome clown face bologna

Re: MLA citation help

Postby AZKAMAT » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:32 pm

A place my English professor always refers me to for help in citations is a site called Purdue OWL (Online Writing Lab). Last semester I used it to help me cite sources for the end-of-semester paper. It really helped. However, I had to look around pretty closely on the site to find what I was looking for.
AZKAMAT
Hero

Return to Advice