my boss

Jesus Christ, guys. No one cares about your fucking problems.
This forum is also known as Thunderdumb Lite or Applied Thunderdumb.

Moderator: dilanski

my boss

Postby Natalya » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:31 am

I work part-time for this metalworking artist guy. He's really cool. I got the job because my cousin used to work for him and I met him once and then he came to one of my derby games and so I asked about a job and well I got it in February.

Anyway, the guy is super nice, but he's kinda disorganized. I'm posting this because like today (and this is I believe the 3rd time this has happened) I got here just before 9:00 as usual for work and well he isn't here and he has left me no instructions and he didn't call me or e-mail or text or anything, so I don't know what to do. I don't want to drive all the way back home if he's going to show up in like 30 minutes or something but I have no way of knowing what's going on here. My only clue is that the light in the shop was left on so I want to assume he did plan for me to be here but he suddenly had to leave or something, but he may have also just forgot to turn off the light last night so I really don't know. It took me like 30 minutes to get here, and being a part-time employee I don't have a lot of extra money for gas.

I guess I want to know what the best way of dealing with this would be. I assume that if I go home then at some point he will e-mail me or call me or something when he returns, but like I don't want this to ever happen again, it's really annoying. At the same time I need the work and I don't want to come across as a jerk because I do like this job.

:(
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Each night alone I dream, that I'm a rebel Roller Queen‼
I'll be a star that shines, I can make the whole world mine‼"

Natalya
Tremble in awe, for I am become Admin, Banner of Noobs.

Re: my boss

Postby Silverdream » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:43 am

Talk to him face-to-face about this in a polite way.

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby The Shadowscythe » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:06 am

Bring lego collection everywhere on back of car.

Wait until it happens again.

Convert his entire workspace into one giant, lego, battlefield.

When he comes in next just explain "well y'see you where late and I, uhh. BRIKWAR!"

Then sparta kick him back out the door.

He will promote you, triple your pay, and make a statue for your honour.

Everyone wins.

-- WARNINK -- LINK BELOW IZ KNOWN TO CAUZE HEMMORAGE --
Spoiler: show

I WARNED YOU, DIDN'T I WARN YOU?! BLAME RAYHAWK DAMNIT.
The Shadowscythe
The Brikwars Trickster God.

Postby stubby » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:02 pm

What I do is always have a couple project files saved on Google Drive so I can pull them down from anywhere and get some work done, anytime I'm forced to wait around for a few minutes or days.
stubby
Psy.D Child Psychology, U. of Wikipedia

Postby Zupponn » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:20 pm

Job hunt while you wait.
Zupponn
Lovable and funny
Lovable and funny

Postby Brikguy0410 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:55 pm

Natalya wrote:I work part-time for this metalworking artist guy. He's really cool. I got the job because my cousin used to work for him and I met him once and then he came to one of my derby games and so I asked about a job and well I got it in February.

Anyway, the guy is super nice, but he's kinda disorganized. I'm posting this because like today (and this is I believe the 3rd time this has happened) I got here just before 9:00 as usual for work and well he isn't here and he has left me no instructions and he didn't call me or e-mail or text or anything, so I don't know what to do. I don't want to drive all the way back home if he's going to show up in like 30 minutes or something but I have no way of knowing what's going on here. My only clue is that the light in the shop was left on so I want to assume he did plan for me to be here but he suddenly had to leave or something, but he may have also just forgot to turn off the light last night so I really don't know. It took me like 30 minutes to get here, and being a part-time employee I don't have a lot of extra money for gas.

I guess I want to know what the best way of dealing with this would be. I assume that if I go home then at some point he will e-mail me or call me or something when he returns, but like I don't want this to ever happen again, it's really annoying. At the same time I need the work and I don't want to come across as a jerk because I do like this job.

:(

He's an arist they tend to be kind of nuts
Brikguy0410
Official SEXY Forum Science and History Expert

Postby IVhorseman » Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:22 pm

scenario one: lol april fools

scenario two: can't you just call him? If he's consistently late and consistently getting annoying phone calls from you trying to do your job, I have a feeling he'll either start showing up, or give you better instruction on how to work without him.
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby stubby » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:49 pm

stubby
Psy.D Child Psychology, U. of Wikipedia

Postby Natalya » Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:24 am

Wow CNN has turned into an employment program for dumb middle-aged people.
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Each night alone I dream, that I'm a rebel Roller Queen‼
I'll be a star that shines, I can make the whole world mine‼"

Natalya

Return to Advice