The official before-the-00s-after-the-60-music thread

And why is there a forum for it

Moderators: Silent-sigfig, Maverick

Re: The official before-the-00s-after-the-60-music thread

Postby Overwatch_Elite » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:35 am

Dubstep and it's various forms actually do take talent to make, of course people like skrillex made it seem like it doesn't and just like every other fandom for anything the people who listen to the mainstream artists makes others hate it. I can understand how it sounds if you don't like edm though, so I won't argue with you on that. Also actual talented rappers don't use autotune, which is actually quite common in today's rap, but yes most rappers just use random rhyming words (like lil wayne). The reason why it's usually just one ongoing beat is that the words convey some form of message (like most music) but it has indeed been shat on by a lot of people that associate themselves with words like "#yolo" and "#swag".

The really only thing that you piss me off all the time is about the fact that you act like playing a guitar is the only form of musical talent. Metalheads are truly the worst type of people to argue with.
Overwatch_Elite
Who watches the overwatch while the overwatch watches over the watchers of the overwatch?
Who watches the overwatch while the overwatch watches over the watchers of the overwatch?

Postby samuelzz10 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:49 am

Overwatch_Elite wrote:Dubstep and it's various forms actually do take talent to make, of course people like skrillex made it seem like it doesn't and just like every other fandom for anything the people who listen to the mainstream artists makes others hate it. I can understand how it sounds if you don't like edm though, so I won't argue with you on that. Also actual talented rappers don't use autotune, which is actually quite common in today's rap, but yes most rappers just use random rhyming words (like lil wayne). The reason why it's usually just one ongoing beat is that the words convey some form of message (like most music) but it has indeed been shat on by a lot of people that associate themselves with words like "#yolo" and "#swag".

The really only thing that you piss me off all the time is about the fact that you act like playing a guitar is the only form of musical talent. Metalheads are truly the worst type of people to argue with.

Well I'm glad that you understand my point of view.
Spoiler: show
my old sig

WARNING: Posts in forum may have been edited by forum
samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Postby Silverdream » Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:00 am

mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby stubby » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:09 am

samuelzz10 wrote:well hey, if it says noob under my name I may as well act like it.

Everyone else has a shitty taste in music. Dark Side of the Moon sucks because it is trippy hippy handsome devil shit made for dumb fucking knickers. The only good music is Jay Z and trap, because it makes me face my inner conflicts and become a real man motherfuckers. PEACE OUT YOLO!

I like the fact that your version of acting like a noob is just acting exactly like yourself except about a different genre
stubby
forum janitor

Postby Overwatch_Elite » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:13 am

stubby wrote:
samuelzz10 wrote:well hey, if it says noob under my name I may as well act like it.

Everyone else has a shitty taste in music. Dark Side of the Moon sucks because it is trippy hippy handsome devil shit made for dumb fucking knickers. The only good music is Jay Z and trap, because it makes me face my inner conflicts and become a real man motherfuckers. PEACE OUT YOLO!

I like the fact that your version of acting like a noob is just acting exactly like yourself except about a different genre

This is why you're my dad stubby :D
Overwatch_Elite

Postby IVhorseman » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:45 pm

samuelzz10 wrote:I chose to be pretentious, so it isn't really stupid.

ahahaha omg

samuelzz10 wrote:You could argue that metal had a negative social movement (kids thinking they are badass the more "hardcore" their favorite band is) but I have never actually seen this demonstrated anywhere.

Literally everything you say. For example:

samuelzz10 wrote:Sorry, it's just that I've seen one too many people who don't even know who the fuck David Gilmour or Rodger Walters is wear a Dark Side of the Moon shirt to school. Come to think of it, they probably haven't heard the album either.

You've memorized the trivia therefore you are more badass therefore you're being pretentious therefore exercising your right to be stupid. QED
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby samuelzz10 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:34 pm

IVhorseman wrote:
samuelzz10 wrote:
samuelzz10 wrote:You could argue that metal had a negative social movement (kids thinking they are badass the more "hardcore" their favorite band is) but I have never actually seen this demonstrated anywhere.

Literally everything you say. For example:

samuelzz10 wrote:Sorry, it's just that I've seen one too many people who don't even know who the fuck David Gilmour or Rodger Walters is wear a Dark Side of the Moon shirt to school. Come to think of it, they probably haven't heard the album either.

You've memorized the trivia therefore you are more badass therefore you're being pretentious therefore exercising your right to be stupid. QED

And you demonstrate the negative movements by saying
"to be a metal fan, you in essence have to be a dumbshit loser who gets wasted off his ass and smokes weed all the fucking time while fapping to Slayer album covers"
Your point?
my old sig

samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Postby Overwatch_Elite » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:37 pm

Why are you so upset about pot like did it kill your parents or something?
Overwatch_Elite

Postby IVhorseman » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:33 pm

samuelzz10 wrote:"to be a metal fan, you in essence have to be a dumbshit loser who gets wasted off his ass and smokes weed all the fucking time while fapping to Slayer album covers"

Brings a tear to my eye... you're finally learning!
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby samuelzz10 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:43 pm

Overwatch_Elite wrote:Why are you so upset about pot like did it kill your parents or something?

6: Pot is a huge waste of money, at least in my eyes.
7: I don't really think pot is a huge problem to society, but
8: I do know 3 people in 9th grade who got arrested for possessing/selling pot
9: And I overall think until it's legalized (which is pretty much inevitable) that pot is just really fucking stupid because you're risking getting arrested/spending way too much money on what is overall an escape from your problems, unless used in a social situation.
10: I do realize on these forums this is likely not a very popular opinion to have.
IVhorseman wrote:
samuelzz10 wrote:"to be a metal fan, you in essence have to be a dumbshit loser who gets wasted off his ass and smokes weed all the fucking time while fapping to Slayer album covers"

Brings a tear to my eye... you're finally learning!

0/10 not even creative, casual shit talking of the 4th grade playground variety.
my old sig

samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Postby The Shadowscythe » Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:03 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wfpXI5PKlw

I still do not understand why none of you have not spiced up your lives.

-- WARNINK -- LINK BELOW IZ KNOWN TO CAUZE HEMMORAGE --

I WARNED YOU, DIDN'T I WARN YOU?! BLAME RAYHAWK DAMNIT.
The Shadowscythe
The Brikwars Trickster God.

Postby Scribonius » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:56 pm

Soooo... at the risk of being ridiculed, what are people's stance on They Might Be Giants?
Scribonius
Officer

Postby Silverdream » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:06 pm

I liked the Malcolm in the Middle theme song.

mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby samuelzz10 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:30 am

Scribonius wrote:Soooo... at the risk of being ridiculed, what are people's stance on They Might Be Giants?

I hear they're one of the best things ever, but I've only heard a few songs and I think they're good.
my old sig

samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Postby stubby » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:32 pm

I was sad when they had to issue a retraction when they discovered the sun is actually a miasma of incandescent plasma.

I just ran into them in the park the other day, putting on a free show for some reason or other.
stubby
forum janitor

PreviousNext

Return to WTF is Trap Music