Weaboo うんこ is over. Now it's all magical girls all the time

Moderators: Insert_blank, Natalya, Silverdream, cleanupcrew

mgb519
My Little Pony

Re: Anime

Post by mgb519 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:22 pm

I'm mgb, and I approve of this anime.
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:58 pm

Overwatch_Elite wrote:
Silverdream wrote:I've been watching Black Lagoon as Overwatch reccomended. It's actually pretty good, and it reminds me of Cowboy Bebop.
I'm sure you'll enjoy the traps as well
Traps as in trans-girls or that genre of music you're fond of?
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:49 am

Oh just like cross+channel then
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

mgb519
My Little Pony

Post by mgb519 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:43 pm

And then Balalaika was like "KNEEL!" and it was badass.
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:16 pm

Holy fuck, just watched the incest vampire trap episodes. That was so fucked up and entertaining at the same time. I really regret eating food while watching though.

If you guys like this shit, you guys should watch Oldboy.
Image lol j/k

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:40 pm

Re: Black Lagoon

Just finished it. Balalaika is my official best girl now, she makes Olivia Mira Armstrong look like Izumi Sakurai. My theory is that her real parents are Hanako and Lilly from Katawa shoujo.

Image+Image=Image

It helps that Kenji said she was in the Russian mafia. Also I think I'm going to watch one of the shows that Insert_Blank reccomended, since I've watched three that mgb reccomended and one that Overwatch reccomended. Probably Gatchaman crowds because it's only 12 episodes.

Re: Samurai Flamenco
Spoiler
Show

What the fuck Flamenco Girl? Seriously.
Image lol j/k

Insert_blank
おたく
おたく

Post by Insert_blank » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:52 am

Crowds was upsetting but it's getting a second season. This is good because it was only the ending that was upsetting. If all is explained then I'll be good. Also if you like action stay far away. I still think Aku no Hana was great, none of the other stuff I'm watching this season has been as good.

Also Monogatari series is pretty good. I think you guys will enjoy it. Series 2 is nearing the end of its run and season 1 and an OVA are already out with a prequel movie to eventually follow.
Just Monika

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:15 am

Overwatch_Elite wrote:silverdream's signature and my sister have inspired me to watch kill la kill

i love it so much
You are in for a good time.

Also is anyone else watching Samurai Flamenco?
Image lol j/k

mgb519
My Little Pony

Post by mgb519 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:40 pm

Anyone NOT watching Samurai Flamenco?
Tzan wrote:
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:02 pm

Well just in case:
Spoiler
Show
so it's not a dream sequence, and everything seems too real for it to be a TV show. Still, I'm not totally sure if I like this change of pace.
Also I finally got an anime list. http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Silvadream It's for nearly everything I remember watching, aside from Pokemon and Dragon Ball.
Image lol j/k

Scribonius
Nice TRIPS

Post by Scribonius » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:53 pm

Just started watching Kill La Kill the other night. That is a weird show...

cleanupcrew
Catastrophe Magnet

Post by cleanupcrew » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:52 pm

I tried to see what all this commotion about Kill la Kill was about and now I have to ask, why does the main character have to wear such an objectionable costume? This is the same reason my expedition into Gurren-Lagann land died.

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:48 pm

Colette wrote:I tried to see what all this commotion about Kill la Kill was about and now I have to ask, why does the main character have to wear such an objectionable costume? This is the same reason my expedition into Gurren-Lagann land died.
Well there are several different theories (although none have been confirmed):

-Sex sells.

-The show is a metaphor for femininity in the same way Gurren Lagann is about masculinity, and it's about how society puts pressure on women. The Kamui (the really tiny outfit) she wears gives her a lot of power and increases her strength, but she also feels a ton of shame the first few times she puts it on because of all the men ogling her. Also note that the kamui needs blood to be activated, just like puberty for girls starts with the period. There's also the fact that in episode 10, they literally try to put her through a mold of a perfect citizen and attempt to shame Ryuuko about the way she dresses. Here is the link to a better presented version of this argument.

-The people who work Trigger and Gainax are a bunch of perverts who like to see their female heroines mostly naked or doing a pantsu.
Scribonius wrote:Just started watching Kill La Kill the other night. That is a weird show...
It gets weirder.
Image lol j/k

cleanupcrew
Catastrophe Magnet

Post by cleanupcrew » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:07 pm

Overwatch_Elite wrote:
Colette wrote:I tried to see what all this commotion about Kill la Kill was about and now I have to ask, why does the main character have to wear such an objectionable costume? This is the same reason my expedition into Gurren-Lagann land died.
Are you seriously going to dump a show because you don't like a character wearing skimpy clothes

really dude

i had no respect when i first met you but now i have less if thats even possible
Ordinarily one doesn't judge a book by its cover, but I'd say its fair game in a visual media since I'm about to invest a few hours watching said characters and visuals do stuff.

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:37 pm

Overwatch_Elite wrote:also silverdream that whole argument is a bunch of feminists and whiteknights pulling shit out of their ass
So just like you then? Did you wrote this right b4 ( before) finding out a toys-r--us shoppin spree sponsored by nickeleoden circa 1994 doesn't count as employment?

It makes too much sense for it not to be true.
Image lol j/k