RAGNABLOK 2012 - DISCUSSING & ORGANIZING

Looking for players in your area? Announcements and discussion of upcoming battles in your location

Moderator: Tuefish

Postby Ham701 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:24 pm

3 miles you say? Nothing when Trader Joe's is on the line. :cwolf:
stubby wrote: my floppy penis gets first dibs on it for tradition's sake, but it doesn't seem likely that he'll want to stick around long enough to play.

Image
User avatar
Ham701
Galidor
 
Posts: 1163
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:11 pm
Location: Watching DS9

Postby Warhead » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:13 pm

Yup, all your moms are mine for the taking. Rahhhr!
Image
Image
Motherfucker!
User avatar
Warhead
Blockguy
 
Posts: 10920
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:07 pm
Location: I'm Momnipresent.

Postby Olothontor » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:20 pm

So... WHERE is Ragnablok? The location has gone back and forth and back again, and it got lost for me amidst the other riff-raff commentary going on (go Scotland!).

Kidko and I live in Virginia, right up near D.C, so if it's anywhere near there we'll be able to show up. Although kidko is admittedly going to Pennsylvania for college, and I'm staying put, so by then we'll be in separate states, but still relatively close, all things considered.

It makes me sad; it seems like almost all of the Brikwarriors are either in the UK, Canada, or SoCal. Meanwhile, for me, there's either a large body of water or a large continental landmass between me and a good Brikwar with someone I don't know already. Bah.
"In a mad world, only the mad are sane." - Akira Kurosawa
-=[ Visage ]=-

Image
User avatar
Olothontor
Clown-Face Bologna
 
Posts: 2484
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:29 pm
Location: Lounging in a commercial Starliner of his own design.

Postby redcapscorner » Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:06 pm

There isn't a definite established place so far. There's been a lot of talk about having a North American Ragnablok AND a European one, and there's been a lot of back and forth about St. Louis Vs. Philadelphia for the North American location. It sounds like the original proposal was St. Louis for its reasonably central location, but I've offered to make Philadelphia happen as a location if people are into it. I own a game store and can accommodate the entire event without any real expenses. A lot of people have been pretty into Philadelphia, and in particular it seems like there are a lot of Virginians for whom it would be more convenient than St. Louis, but there needs to be a consensus from the BrikWars community.
TROLOLO
redcapscorner
Champion
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:03 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Postby Olothontor » Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:09 pm

Kidko and I offer our support for Philly, then. Thanks for offering up your store like that, it's mighty kind of you!
"In a mad world, only the mad are sane." - Akira Kurosawa
-=[ Visage ]=-

Image
User avatar
Olothontor
Clown-Face Bologna
 
Posts: 2484
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:29 pm
Location: Lounging in a commercial Starliner of his own design.

Postby piltogg » Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:50 pm

shall we poll it then?

Personally, I would be happier with philly, as the non-brikwars side of st. louis seems dreadfully boring, and its certainly not a place I would ever visit if it weren't for some extraordinary event.

I think whoever mad this thread or a mod, can add in a post-mortem poll to the tread, if not, we can make yet another thread for it.
Image
User avatar
piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna
 
Posts: 2431
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:16 pm
Location: Fictional Deutschland

Postby En!gma » Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:45 am

Personally, I would much prefer St. Louis, as an eight hour drive is much preferable to a seventeen hour one, and as awesome as this could potentially be seventeen hours is just to far away for me. However! This should be taken with a grain of salt, the event's location should be prioritized for the established greats of the BrikWars community, not a random lurker like myself, and therefore we really should get a poll set up.
User avatar
En!gma
Officer
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:01 pm
Location: Everywhere and Anywhere

Postby Cpl. Halan » Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:34 am

En!gma wrote:Personally, I would much prefer St. Louis, as an eight hour drive is much preferable to a seventeen hour one, and as awesome as this could potentially be seventeen hours is just to far away for me. However! This should be taken with a grain of salt, the event's location should be prioritized for the established greats of the BrikWars community, not a random lurker like myself, and therefore we really should get a poll set up.

Wrong, this battle is for everyone. If the greats want it somewhere, they should convince us to vote that way.
Fire, Fire, burning bright
Burning down the house tonight


Heroism is not the ability to kick ass. It is the willingness to use this ability on any poor bastard who so much as looks at you funny.
User avatar
Cpl. Halan
Dimmy
 
Posts: 531
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:35 pm
Location: Maryland

Postby razgriz 25th inf. » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:23 pm

hey olly, I'M in virginia :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D hehe anywho, i vote philly. it seems to work for more people than it doesn't.
"If you fuck a clone of yourself, is it incest or masturbation?" - my best friend

Being a Knight of Space is hard work. Nobody else could land so many hot people and still be coherent.

Image
User avatar
razgriz 25th inf.
Galidor
 
Posts: 1014
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:22 pm
Location: probably tumblr because i fucking suck

Postby Ross_Varn » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:42 pm

So, St. Louis is out? Hrm. I'm still attempting to figure out plans if the Midwest area brikwarriors want to come. A friend of mine owns an anime shop with tables in the back in this old mall that's now an artspace. There's this crazy "Sci-Fi Lounge" next door that is wall to wall SF collection of this one guy's stuff. Entrance is three bucks. The nearest TRU is about... 10ish minutes away.

And yeah, St. Louis isn't the... most attractive vacation spot. We don't exactly have much to see.
User avatar
Ross_Varn
Blockguy
 
Posts: 5651
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:03 pm
Location: Procrastinating.

Postby Paco » Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:28 am

St. Louis still works better for me, as it is closer, and I have family there.
Tzan wrote:
Silverdream wrote:the link for a kingdom in turmoil leads to grave tidings.


Are you getting your ideas for posts from fortune cookies?
User avatar
Paco
Jaw-Jaw
 
Posts: 776
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:12 pm
Location: Neo-Botswana

Postby Ham701 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:50 am

Ross_Varn wrote:So, St. Louis is out? Hrm. I'm still attempting to figure out plans if the Midwest area brikwarriors want to come. A friend of mine owns an anime shop with tables in the back in this old mall that's now an artspace. There's this crazy "Sci-Fi Lounge" next door that is wall to wall SF collection of this one guy's stuff. Entrance is three bucks. The nearest TRU is about... 10ish minutes away.

And yeah, St. Louis isn't the... most attractive vacation spot. We don't exactly have much to see.


Anime shop? OH GOD OH MAN OH GOD OH MAN OH GOD OH MAN.
stubby wrote: my floppy penis gets first dibs on it for tradition's sake, but it doesn't seem likely that he'll want to stick around long enough to play.

Image
User avatar
Ham701
Galidor
 
Posts: 1163
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:11 pm
Location: Watching DS9

Postby Arkbrik » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:16 am

I propose we move the European Ragnablok to Germany 2011 during piltogg's visit (this thread).
Remus: Harry... I'm a werewolf.
Harry: Are you fucking serious?
Remus: Well yes, but I don't see how that applies here.
User avatar
Arkbrik
Pooplord
 
Posts: 2536
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:18 am
Location: Sweden

Postby En!gma » Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:54 pm

razgriz 25th inf. wrote:it seems to work for more people than it doesn't.


Someone really needs to make a poll so we can actually see evidence of this.
User avatar
En!gma
Officer
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:01 pm
Location: Everywhere and Anywhere

Postby razgriz 25th inf. » Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:56 pm

good idea. i'll make the thread.
"If you fuck a clone of yourself, is it incest or masturbation?" - my best friend

Being a Knight of Space is hard work. Nobody else could land so many hot people and still be coherent.

Image
User avatar
razgriz 25th inf.
Galidor
 
Posts: 1014
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:22 pm
Location: probably tumblr because i fucking suck

PreviousNext

Return to Battle Organization

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests