RAGNABLOK 2012 - DISCUSSING & ORGANIZING

Looking for players in your area? Announcements and discussion of upcoming battles in your location

Moderator: Tuefish

Postby Ham701 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:24 pm

3 miles you say? Nothing when Trader Joe's is on the line. :cwolf:
stubby wrote: my floppy penis gets first dibs on it for tradition's sake, but it doesn't seem likely that he'll want to stick around long enough to play.

Ham701
Galidor

Postby Warhead » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:13 pm

Yup, all your moms are mine for the taking. Rahhhr!
Motherfucker!
Warhead
Blockguy

Postby Olothontor » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:20 pm

So... WHERE is Ragnablok? The location has gone back and forth and back again, and it got lost for me amidst the other riff-raff commentary going on (go Scotland!).

Kidko and I live in Virginia, right up near D.C, so if it's anywhere near there we'll be able to show up. Although kidko is admittedly going to Pennsylvania for college, and I'm staying put, so by then we'll be in separate states, but still relatively close, all things considered.

It makes me sad; it seems like almost all of the Brikwarriors are either in the UK, Canada, or SoCal. Meanwhile, for me, there's either a large body of water or a large continental landmass between me and a good Brikwar with someone I don't know already. Bah.
"In a mad world, only the mad are sane." - Akira Kurosawa
-=[ Visage ]=-

Olothontor
Clown-Face Bologna

Location: Lounging in a commercial Starliner of his own design.

Postby redcapscorner » Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:06 pm

There isn't a definite established place so far. There's been a lot of talk about having a North American Ragnablok AND a European one, and there's been a lot of back and forth about St. Louis Vs. Philadelphia for the North American location. It sounds like the original proposal was St. Louis for its reasonably central location, but I've offered to make Philadelphia happen as a location if people are into it. I own a game store and can accommodate the entire event without any real expenses. A lot of people have been pretty into Philadelphia, and in particular it seems like there are a lot of Virginians for whom it would be more convenient than St. Louis, but there needs to be a consensus from the BrikWars community.
TROLOLO
redcapscorner
Champion

Postby Olothontor » Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:09 pm

Kidko and I offer our support for Philly, then. Thanks for offering up your store like that, it's mighty kind of you!
"In a mad world, only the mad are sane." - Akira Kurosawa
-=[ Visage ]=-

Olothontor
Clown-Face Bologna

Location: Lounging in a commercial Starliner of his own design.

Postby piltogg » Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:50 pm

shall we poll it then?

Personally, I would be happier with philly, as the non-brikwars side of st. louis seems dreadfully boring, and its certainly not a place I would ever visit if it weren't for some extraordinary event.

I think whoever mad this thread or a mod, can add in a post-mortem poll to the tread, if not, we can make yet another thread for it.
piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby En!gma » Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:45 am

Personally, I would much prefer St. Louis, as an eight hour drive is much preferable to a seventeen hour one, and as awesome as this could potentially be seventeen hours is just to far away for me. However! This should be taken with a grain of salt, the event's location should be prioritized for the established greats of the BrikWars community, not a random lurker like myself, and therefore we really should get a poll set up.
En!gma
Officer

Postby Cpl. Halan » Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:34 am

En!gma wrote:Personally, I would much prefer St. Louis, as an eight hour drive is much preferable to a seventeen hour one, and as awesome as this could potentially be seventeen hours is just to far away for me. However! This should be taken with a grain of salt, the event's location should be prioritized for the established greats of the BrikWars community, not a random lurker like myself, and therefore we really should get a poll set up.

Wrong, this battle is for everyone. If the greats want it somewhere, they should convince us to vote that way.
Fire, Fire, burning bright
Burning down the house tonight

Heroism is not the ability to kick ass. It is the willingness to use this ability on any poor bastard who so much as looks at you funny.
Cpl. Halan
Dimmy

Postby razgriz 25th inf. » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:23 pm

hey olly, I'M in virginia :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D hehe anywho, i vote philly. it seems to work for more people than it doesn't.
"If you fuck a clone of yourself, is it incest or masturbation?" - my best friend

Being a Knight of Space is hard work. Nobody else could land so many hot people and still be coherent.

razgriz 25th inf.
Galidor

Postby Ross_Varn » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:42 pm

So, St. Louis is out? Hrm. I'm still attempting to figure out plans if the Midwest area brikwarriors want to come. A friend of mine owns an anime shop with tables in the back in this old mall that's now an artspace. There's this crazy "Sci-Fi Lounge" next door that is wall to wall SF collection of this one guy's stuff. Entrance is three bucks. The nearest TRU is about... 10ish minutes away.

And yeah, St. Louis isn't the... most attractive vacation spot. We don't exactly have much to see.
Ross_Varn
Blockguy

Postby Paco » Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:28 am

St. Louis still works better for me, as it is closer, and I have family there.
Tzan wrote:
Silverdream wrote:the link for a kingdom in turmoil leads to grave tidings.

Are you getting your ideas for posts from fortune cookies?
Paco
Jaw-Jaw

Postby Ham701 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:50 am

Ross_Varn wrote:So, St. Louis is out? Hrm. I'm still attempting to figure out plans if the Midwest area brikwarriors want to come. A friend of mine owns an anime shop with tables in the back in this old mall that's now an artspace. There's this crazy "Sci-Fi Lounge" next door that is wall to wall SF collection of this one guy's stuff. Entrance is three bucks. The nearest TRU is about... 10ish minutes away.

And yeah, St. Louis isn't the... most attractive vacation spot. We don't exactly have much to see.

Anime shop? OH GOD OH MAN OH GOD OH MAN OH GOD OH MAN.
stubby wrote: my floppy penis gets first dibs on it for tradition's sake, but it doesn't seem likely that he'll want to stick around long enough to play.

Ham701
Galidor

Postby Arkbrik » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:16 am

I propose we move the European Ragnablok to Germany 2011 during piltogg's visit (this thread).
Remus: Harry... I'm a werewolf.
Harry: Are you fucking serious?
Remus: Well yes, but I don't see how that applies here.
Arkbrik
Pooplord

Postby En!gma » Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:54 pm

razgriz 25th inf. wrote:it seems to work for more people than it doesn't.

Someone really needs to make a poll so we can actually see evidence of this.
En!gma
Officer

Postby razgriz 25th inf. » Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:56 pm

good idea. i'll make the thread.
"If you fuck a clone of yourself, is it incest or masturbation?" - my best friend

Being a Knight of Space is hard work. Nobody else could land so many hot people and still be coherent.

razgriz 25th inf.
Galidor

PreviousNext

Return to Battle Organization