RAGNABLOK 2012 - DISCUSSING & ORGANIZING

Looking for players in your area? Announcements and discussion of upcoming battles in your location

Moderator: Tuefish

Postby razgriz 25th inf. » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:33 pm

:protip: :sbr: it wont work for me. in virginia we need to be 16 and a half to get our licences. i could always have a ROAD TRIP!!!! with Froztshock.
"If you fuck a clone of yourself, is it incest or masturbation?" - my best friend

Being a Knight of Space is hard work. Nobody else could land so many hot people and still be coherent.

razgriz 25th inf.
Galidor

Postby Pwnerade » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:46 pm

razgriz 25th inf. wrote:in my opinion, tat would put MANY people off(myself included) as im not about to fly to germany for a brikwar, and my parents would agree. sure, its great for you guys in europe, but inconvinent for everyone else, as a majority of players are from north america. unless you mean two seperate events, but I'm sure we would all like to see warhead in person.

There could be two events, one in Europe and one in America, but they could not be at the same time, in case people wanted to travel to the other continent. I would love to see Warhead, too. I've never met a man with a golden head and fire for hair. I may even get to meet his mother. :warhead:
An army marches on its stomach, and its favorite food is fudge.
Pwnerade
Playmobil

Postby Swordsalmon » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:21 pm

Silverdream wrote:I won't be 18 until september 2012. Is 21 the drinking age in the states?

The drinking age is generally 21, but the laws vary by a per-state basis.

I think everyone should be required to bring some soda and chips to wherever Ragnablock gets hosted. ^_^
Keldoclock wrote:Swordsalmon: Argues about the price of bits of plastic, yet happily forks over $1 for a quarter-sized bit of plastic that does nothing but look cool.
Swordsalmon
Cannon Fodder

Postby Paco » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:27 pm

How many figs though? So far I've got two good looking factions of around 22 guys each, though by 2012 I should have much more.
Tzan wrote:
Silverdream wrote:the link for a kingdom in turmoil leads to grave tidings.

Are you getting your ideas for posts from fortune cookies?
Paco
Jaw-Jaw

Postby Ross_Varn » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:46 pm

We're going to have to use CP, it will have to be quite high to accommodate for large factions like the Assyrians. Assuming that fielding a basic fig armed with a CC or ranged weapon costs about 7 cp before statboosts and effects, here's the range. Ground Troops = Factions- 70 cp, Squadrons-140 cp, Armies- 210 cp. Assuming typical small vehicles cost about 20, Vehicles = Caravan- 60, Wing- 100, Task Force- 200. Please edit these values, I don't use CP that often.
Ross_Varn
Blockguy

Postby NapalmKing » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:51 pm

We could also use simpler numbers
2 heavy vehicles
up to 3 light vehicles/APC
1-2 Squads of heavy troops
3-6 squads of light troops

Just an idea :|
TROLOLO
NapalmKing
Dimmy

Postby Swordsalmon » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:53 pm

Silverdream wrote:We should also state which faction we're bringing, and some pennies.
I will be bringing either Space Pirates or a Fenian Raiding group backed up by a group of Silvarians.

I'll definitely be bringing the Conglomerate of Salt Miners, which is about 33 minfigs and some vehicles. The Squidhead Dominion might be brought as well once they're expanded.

CP issues can be resolved if we use teams. For example, we could have the Assyrians fighting against the 45th Union and Squidhead Dominion or something like that.
Keldoclock wrote:Swordsalmon: Argues about the price of bits of plastic, yet happily forks over $1 for a quarter-sized bit of plastic that does nothing but look cool.
Swordsalmon
Cannon Fodder

Postby Pwnerade » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:01 am

Swordsalmon wrote:
Silverdream wrote:I won't be 18 until september 2012. Is 21 the drinking age in the states?

The drinking age is generally 21, but the laws vary by a per-state basis.

I think everyone should be required to bring some soda and chips to wherever Ragnablock gets hosted. ^_^

You have to be 21 to purchase alcohol in every state. State laws may permit under-21's to drink in certain situations. For instance, in Washington, you may drink in your home, under parental supervision.

And hold on just one minute! Are people worried about this being fair?
An army marches on its stomach, and its favorite food is fudge.
Pwnerade
Playmobil

Postby Swordsalmon » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:19 am

Pwnerade wrote:You have to be 21 to purchase alcohol in every state. State laws may permit under-21's to drink in certain situations. For instance, in Washington, you may drink in your home, under parental supervision.

And hold on just one minute! Are people worried about this being fair?

I knew the buying age is always 21 and up, but drinking age does vary. California has the same law that Washington does...

There's has to be some degree of fairness. I think it'd be boring having your entire army wiped out on the first turn, then just sit around doing nothing. :/
Swordsalmon
Cannon Fodder

Postby Arkbrik » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:17 am

Berlin sounds awesome.

About CP stuff: Calculate the CP cost of your entire army at home, bring it all, then form teams of roughly the same amount of CP. When you're playing with thousands of CP then a couple hundred one way or another won't make a lot of difference.
Remus: Harry... I'm a werewolf.
Harry: Are you fucking serious?
Remus: Well yes, but I don't see how that applies here.
Arkbrik
Pooplord

Postby dilanski » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:15 am

Name: If you haven't figured it out your dumb.
Transport: Car, Train

Only problem is permission, If I wasn't 17 in time I would need a disclaimer of some sort, plus about a hundred contact numbers for every member going. Someone should be elected leader for both Europe and US games, someone responsible for venue and accommodation. I wouldn't mind spending a bit of money for a 1.5-2 star hotel.

I think everyone should do a inventory of baseplates, terrain, figures and everything else important so people know what resources we have. I think it should be less focused on single armies and more just putting everything we can on the table. Everyone with a decent collection should build a few buildings and major scenery pieces.
Admin of the New Brikwars Minecraft server, feel free to PM me regarding it. Ask for whitelist here!
Spoiler: show
dilanski
My Little Pony

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain & Subjugated Ireland

Postby FISH!!! » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:54 am

I'll fill this in, though there's a good chance I might not be able to attend...
Name: FISH!!! (or FISH)
Location: Belfast, Northren Ireland, UK, Europe (Miles from everyone!)
Transport: Car? More likely Plane
FISH!!!
Cannon Fodder

Location: At my computer, typing whatever it says in that box->

Postby razgriz 25th inf. » Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:02 pm

i will obviously be bringing the GCRAF and my friend Froztshock(if he goes) who will have an extension of the GCRAF. my guess is that the GCRAF will be in the 1000s of CP points considering the massive air force i have, not to mention my ground forces(118 figs).
Last edited by razgriz 25th inf. on Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If you fuck a clone of yourself, is it incest or masturbation?" - my best friend

Being a Knight of Space is hard work. Nobody else could land so many hot people and still be coherent.

razgriz 25th inf.
Galidor

Postby ForlornCreature » Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:56 pm

Name: Forlorn
Age: The amount of time (normally in years) that has passed since birth.
Sex: Yes
Possible ways of Transportation: Gimme sum monay and ill fly ther
ForlornCreature
Jaw-Jaw

Location: Animating lego in a dark room someplace in the savage land of Australia

Postby BFenix » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:37 am

ForlornCreature wrote:Name: Forlorn
Age: The amount of time (normally in years) that has passed since birth.
Sex: Yes
Possible ways of Transportation: Gimme sum monay and ill fly ther

:roll:
BFenix
Pooplord

PreviousNext

Return to Battle Organization