Newbie Here: Anyone for a game in Louisville?

Looking for players in your area? Announcements and discussion of upcoming battles in your location

Moderator: Tuefish

NickTheSushi
Champion
Champion

Newbie Here: Anyone for a game in Louisville?

Post by NickTheSushi » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:20 am

Hey Brikwars! Long time lego fan and I just recently found Brikwars. I've always loved tabletop games, but I've never found the right crowd to play them with. I was wondering if anyone in the Louisville area would be willing to sit down, maybe play a short war with me and help me learn the ropes.

redcapscorner
Champion
Champion

Post by redcapscorner » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:30 am

I used to live in Louisville when I was younger, and might be going back there on vacation sometime this summer. If I do, I'd be happy to bring an army with me and look you up! I live in Philadelphia these days, though, which is obviously a hike from Kentucky.

NickTheSushi
Champion
Champion

Post by NickTheSushi » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:37 am

redcapscorner wrote:I used to live in Louisville when I was younger, and might be going back there on vacation sometime this summer. If I do, I'd be happy to bring an army with me and look you up! I live in Philadelphia these days, though, which is obviously a hike from Kentucky.
All I have are three really cool minifigs... I shall create my empire of incredibly awesome people from different themes! Really need to get some of those theme sets. I'd love a troop of gorillas for kicks.

Jbgarrison
Minifig

Post by Jbgarrison » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:34 am

Hi Nick. Washington State here, so way way far away, but I was just curious...

You say you are into tabletop gaming, and Louisville, KY is not just a small town, so you probably have a game store nearby?

Maybe you could print up the Brikwars rules, take them down to your game store and see if they'd let you run a BrikWars intro game there. If you got recruits, you could of course, send 'em to this forum. :P

NickTheSushi
Champion
Champion

Post by NickTheSushi » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:31 am

Jbgarrison wrote:You say you are into tabletop gaming, and Louisville, KY is not just a small town, so you probably have a game store nearby?

Maybe you could print up the Brikwars rules, take them down to your game store and see if they'd let you run a BrikWars intro game there. If you got recruits, you could of course, send 'em to this forum. :P
I don't really live in the downtown area where all the shops and things are, I'm more out into the suburbs. Personally, I've never even been to a game store ;___; But I'm pretty sure if I were to play a game of Brikwars I'd most likely be having it at such a store.

redcapscorner
Champion
Champion

Post by redcapscorner » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:34 am

How close are you to the Highlands? Bardstown Road? If memory serves me, that's where the game shops are. I used to buy Magic cards at a comic/toy/game shop called the Great Escape, and I heard a few years back that somebody opened a more dedicated game shop on the same strip, near Ear-X-Tacy.

NickTheSushi
Champion
Champion

Post by NickTheSushi » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:10 pm

redcapscorner wrote:How close are you to the Highlands? Bardstown Road? If memory serves me, that's where the game shops are. I used to buy Magic cards at a comic/toy/game shop called the Great Escape, and I heard a few years back that somebody opened a more dedicated game shop on the same strip, near Ear-X-Tacy.
I'm pretty close to Bardstown rd, about a ~20min drive from my house. My sister spends a lot of time on Bardstown road with her friends cause they're into the hipster scene.

gamey353
Hero

Post by gamey353 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:40 pm

...I live in Jeff,but I don't fell like attending any sort of game,so this post is completely and utterly pointless :D

NickTheSushi
Champion
Champion

Post by NickTheSushi » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:57 pm

gamey353 wrote:...I live in Jeff,but I don't fell like attending any sort of game,so this post is completely and utterly pointless :D
Thanks... ._.

gamey353
Hero

Post by gamey353 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:04 pm

Pointless posts are epicly fun :D

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:22 pm

H'mm... I find taking someone verbally apart to be worthy of a laugh. Usually someone that I find annoying. I don't know why I posted that, do please carry on. Don't let my attempts at subtle badinage put you off any.

gamey353
Hero

Post by gamey353 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:26 pm

Fancy words make gamey confused.

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:29 pm

Ok, me show yah.

You teh hoe.

NickTheSushi
Champion
Champion