Haulin' Stuff

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: Pwnerade, IVhorseman

Haulin' Stuff

Postby AZKAMAT » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:57 am

Fuck it all: I had an analogy all written up leading to my actual question, but then it was lost because of the goddamn 'Back' button on the side my mouse. If you ever have one like that UNBIND THAT SHIT IMMEDIATELY OR IT WILL FUCK YOUR SHIT UP.

Anyway, I wanted to ask this: Are there any rules about carrying multiple weapons? Such as a sniper who carries an SMG in addition to his rifle. I got into a bullshit argument with Fuckface McSlowsthegame about whether a knight could drag his crossbow and an ax to a new position.
AZKAMAT
Hero

Re: Haulin' Stuff

Postby stubby » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:55 am

You can carry a two-handed weapon in one hand, but you need both hands to attack with it. Minifig weapons are size zero objects; if you have enough scabbards or straps or sheaths or bandoliers or whatever then you can carry any number of them.
stubby
forum janitor

Postby AZKAMAT » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:42 am

stubby wrote:You can carry a two-handed weapon in one hand, but you need both hands to attack with it. Minifig weapons are size zero objects; if you have enough scabbards or straps or sheaths or bandoliers or whatever then you can carry any number of them.

Sweet. Thanks.
AZKAMAT
Hero

Postby IVhorseman » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:01 pm

I see this happen all the time with newbies, but the truth is that you can totally get away with carrying a halberd in one hand and a long bow in the other - so long as you drop one to actually wield the other.
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby Zupponn » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:44 pm

I oftentimes forget about the two-handed and one-handed usage rules, so I just do what seems to make sense at the time.
Zupponn
Lovable and funny
Lovable and funny

Postby AZKAMAT » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:55 pm

IVhorseman wrote:I see this happen all the time with newbies, but the truth is that you can totally get away with carrying a halberd in one hand and a long bow in the other - so long as you drop one to actually wield the other.

I've been doing this for the 2.5 years I've been playing Brikwars (and watching you guys' antics here). Only reason I ask directly is because my usual opponent (Read 1D4Chan's page on "That Guy" for an idea) had a hissie fit when a dismounted knight of mine tried to drag a crossbow and his bastard-size ax. Now I have the word of Stubby to throw at him if he ever does it again.
AZKAMAT
Hero

Postby *CRAZYHORSE* » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:24 pm

Okay so now to hijack this thread now that it has served it's purpose.
What about carts. The kind that don't have any propulsion by themselves but can be pushed or pulled be minifigs, horses or vehicles, Or say a cannon on wheels, you get the point. Would it simply count the same as if the unit was carrying it?
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.
*CRAZYHORSE*
My Little Pony

Postby Gungnir » Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:52 am

Depends on the size of the cart, I think.
Give a minifig an inch, and he'll murder for a mile.
Gungnir
Dimmy

Postby *CRAZYHORSE* » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:57 am

So how big a thing can a creation pull/push? Does it matter if it's on wheels? What if there is something on top of the cart?
All I want to know is how to handle the movement for a howitzer cannon being hauled around by a couple minifigs.
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.
*CRAZYHORSE*
My Little Pony

Postby stubby » Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:22 pm

Probably just the same as if a unit was carrying it. Full move up to the Size of the unit (or units), Half Speed up to 2x the Size.
stubby
forum janitor

Return to The Rulebook