Handcuffs

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: Pwnerade, IVhorseman

aoffan23
You can nail me with your wood. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
You can nail me with your wood. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Re: Handcuffs

Post by aoffan23 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:36 pm

Well, shit. Maybe that's what I meant to say the first time. Or not. They're both Half Minds, so the only real difference is fudging their behaviour.

That being said, making them a Submissive creature might work better for a capture-the-slave scenario where the captive is equally unwilling to be on either team. That way, they can be treated more like an objective than an actual minifig.
Spoiler
Show
Tzan wrote:
Quantumsurfer wrote:I generally agree with Tzan
Warhead wrote:I agree with QuantumSmurfer.
I agree with Warhead.

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:18 pm

aoffan23 wrote:The only issue with this is the fact that a sniper could take a hostage from across the battlefield. Even if the captive were to notice the red laser, he wouldn't have any idea what the sniper wanted him to do. That's why I like the 2" option.
See, I think that's hilarious - I like the idea of telling a prisoner to get out there and fight or else the resident sniper is gonna do some long-distance brain surgery.

I only want to shy away from the 2" option because that's another static variable you'll have to memorize while using the handcuffs. I'd rather go with players saying "well I think my guys are probably close enough to have control" and doing a WISG roll. 2" is also pretty close - having more than 3 guys within range of a hostage means that a lot more attention is going to be focused on what they're doing, not the captive. At that point it won't really matter who "controls" him. I suppose that having more than one faction within 2" would just confuse the fig and they wouldn't know who to trust yet.

Brownie creeper
Battlefield General

Post by Brownie creeper » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:27 am

Yeah, I like that idea better. It's <a href='http://tinyurl.com/y42zurt'>alot</a> easier to remember and and it makes sence. Thanks!
"PROTECT ME CONE!!!" -grif

Kirillyos
Officer

Post by Kirillyos » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:52 pm

So any options to escape the cuffs? I suppose an ally could try to damage them...
LEGO are like boobs - designed for kids, but adults have plenty of fun playing with them too. ;)

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:01 pm

Use your imagination.

Battlegrinder
Dimmy

Post by Battlegrinder » Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:28 pm

Kirillyos wrote:So any options to escape the cuffs? I suppose an ally could try to damage them...
I'm personally a fan of the old "chew off your hand" play, but if you had a character with gymnastics/super spy/etc, maybe you could use a feat to escape or pick the lock.