Newbish n00b questions, MkII

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: Pwnerade, IVhorseman

Re: Newbish n00b questions, MkII

Postby Kirillyos » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:06 pm

stubby wrote:
Kirillyos wrote:But in games like BrikWars, things tend to be simplified,

It's true. That's why it's probably better to use the existing rules that already exactly match the situation rather than making up new ones.

Ahhh - touché.
LEGO are like boobs - designed for kids, but adults have plenty of fun playing with them too. ;)
TROLOLO
Kirillyos
Officer

Postby stubby » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:50 am

Yeah! I won an argument on the Internet!

Now I'm finished being a winner, you can really do whatever you want. 1d10 within an Arc, why not.
stubby
forum janitor

Postby Tzan » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:28 am

Congrats on winning an internet!

I found a video that explains that skeet thing.
The real genius part is the wobbling.
I wish Billy Mays was the narrator.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myuZUxS3Uww
Tzan
Blockguy

Postby Kirillyos » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:41 pm

stubby wrote:There used to be a sidebar option for replacing the d10s in an Explosive with any other die and keeping the other stats the same. I'm not sure what happened to it, but it would let you replace (for instance) a one-use 2d10 Explosive with a one-use 2d4 Incendiary or a one-use 2d8 Blast.

If anyone finds that sidebar, I'd be grateful for having it forwarded my way.
LEGO are like boobs - designed for kids, but adults have plenty of fun playing with them too. ;)
TROLOLO
Kirillyos
Officer

Postby Kirillyos » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:04 am

77. So lemme get this straight: Launchers with explosives have theoretically infinite range when you consider:

a) despite out-of-range penalties to Skill rolls, something shot out of a Launcher has to come down somewhere

b) explosives do their own damage, not penalized by being out-of-range

right?

78. "Minifig Throwing Arms" are mentioned as weapons in their own right built directly into the minifig. Am I correct in assuming that I can have other "part of the minifig" weapons simply by spending CP, and not necessarily changing the shape of the fig, such as a Dragonborn's mouth being a sonic BlastGun, a pyromancer's hands being Flamethrowers, or a monk's feet being Melee Weapons?

79. Does a Pilot's ability to maneuver and fire weapons in the same turn also extend to the operator of a remotely-piloted drone?

80. Is there a designated repository for custom Stat Cards somewhere in the forum?
TROLOLO
Kirillyos
Officer

Postby stubby » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:24 pm

Kirillyos wrote:77. So lemme get this straight: Launchers with explosives have theoretically infinite range

All ranged weapons have theoretically infinite range, yes. Feel free to take advantage of this fact; just don't forget how Missed Shots work.

Kirillyos wrote:Am I correct in assuming that I can have other "part of the minifig" weapons simply by spending CP, and not necessarily changing the shape of the fig, such as a Dragonborn's mouth being a sonic BlastGun, a pyromancer's hands being Flamethrowers, or a monk's feet being Melee Weapons?

Yes. A minifig is a Creature like any other, so you can give them extra weapons and abilities like any Creature. Just remember that if a monk tries to Parry with his melee-weapon feet then he still takes damage.

Kirillyos wrote: Does a Pilot's ability to maneuver and fire weapons in the same turn also extend to the operator of a remotely-piloted drone?

Probably? I'd put this one to a what I say goes roll.

Kirillyos wrote:Is there a designated repository for custom Stat Cards somewhere in the forum?

There was a page on the old wiki for them. I don't think there's one in the new wiki yet.
http://brikwars.wikispaces.com/Stat+Cards
Stat Cards
stubby
forum janitor

Postby Kirillyos » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:57 pm

81. Can a weapon pull dual (or more) functions if I paid the CP cost for all included modes?

For example

- a tank cannon (Gun) that also fires antipersonnel canister shot (BlastGun)
- a futuristic/magikal weapon with multiple settings
- a shotgun (BlastGun) that also fires slugs (Gun), Dragon-Breath shells (FlameThrower), and 12-gauge CS penetrator grenades (Launcher)
TROLOLO
Kirillyos
Officer

Postby stubby » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:35 pm

I don't see why not. The rule that you can only use it once per turn would still apply of course, no matter how many modes it had to choose from for that one use.
stubby
forum janitor

Postby Zupponn » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:10 pm

82. What about a gun that shoots badgers that shoot guns that shoot badgers that shoot guns that shoot badgers that shoot guns that shoot badgers that shoot guns that shoot badgers that shoot guns that shoot badgers that shoot guns that shoot badgers that shoot guns that shoot badgers that shoot guns that shoot badgers that shoot guns that shoot badgers that shoot guns that shoot badgers that shoot guns that shoot badgers that shoot guns that shoot badgers that shoot guns that shoot badgers that shoot guns that shoot badgers that shoot guns that shoot badgers that shoot guns that shoot badgers that shoot guns that shoot badgers that shoot guns that shoot badgers that shoot guns that shoot badgers that shoot guns that shoot badgers that shoot guns that shoot badgers that shoot guns that shoot badgers that shoot guns that shoot badgers that shoot guns that shoot badgers that shoot guns that shoot badgers that shoot guns that shoot badgers that shoot guns that shoot badgers that shoot guns that shoot badgers that shoot guns that shoot badgers that shoot guns that shoot badgers that shoot guns that shoot badgers that shoot guns that shoot badgers that shoot guns that shoot badgers that shoot guns that shoot badgers that shoot guns that shoot badgers that shoot guns that shoot badgers that shoot guns that shoot badgers that shoot guns that shoot badgers that shoot guns that shoot badgers that shoot guns that shoot badgers that shoot guns that shoot badgers that shoot guns that shoot badgers that shoot guns that shoot badgers that shoot guns that shoot badgers that shoot guns that shoot badgers that shoot guns that shoot badgers that shoot guns that shoot badgers that shoot guns that shoot badgers that shoot guns that shoot badgers?
Zupponn
Lovable and funny
Lovable and funny

Postby Tzan » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:29 pm

Turn 1 you shoot your B-Gun, a badger pops out holding a gun.

Turn 2 you shoot your gun again and the badger shoots his, 2 badgers pop out holding guns

etc...

So really nothing happens except the game area gets filled with badgers holding guns.
They stand around holding their guns, waiting to be killed.
Tzan
Blockguy

Postby Kirillyos » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:58 pm

83. Or how about just a rocket launcher launcher launcher...?

Each staged projectile launched would be a launcher in it's own right that after traveling 12" would launch a submuniton which would launch another projectile, etc.
TROLOLO
Kirillyos
Officer

Postby Apollyon » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:59 pm

Btw, have you ever played an actual game of Brikwars so far Kyrillios?
If you're not into Metal you are not my friend!
Apollyon
constantly striving to using proper grammar

Postby stubby » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:00 pm

Apollyon wrote:Btw, have you ever played an actual game of Brikwars so far Kyrillios?

lol owned

Anyway remember that a Launcher has to be twice the size of any Payload it launches. So to fire a Size 2" Launcher (the smallest with Range 12"), you would need to fire a Size 4" Launcher with Use:8. To fire that Launcher you'd need to fire a Size 8" Launcher with Use:16. And so forth. So feel free, but don't expect to be very successful.
stubby
forum janitor

Postby Silverdream » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:44 am

You could always build a big one like the ones NASA uses. I don't think it would be very useful in ground battles but it could be useful in Caid sector type battles.

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby Kirillyos » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:30 pm

stubby wrote:
Apollyon wrote:Btw, have you ever played an actual game of Brikwars so far Kyrillios?

lol owned

lol no - there's an ongoing game sitting less than a foot away from me on the table at this very moment.

stubby wrote:Anyway remember that a Launcher has to be twice the size of any Payload it launches. So to fire a Size 2" Launcher (the smallest with Range 12"), you would need to fire a Size 4" Launcher with Use:8. To fire that Launcher you'd need to fire a Size 8" Launcher with Use:16. And so forth. So feel free, but don't expect to be very successful.

~facepalm~ it was a joke bouncing off the badger post - I already knew that the stages would need to pyramid (duh). Of course the funniest part was 'polly up there missing the point and being booty bothered about it.
TROLOLO
Kirillyos
Officer

PreviousNext

Return to The Rulebook