Multi-use weapons/countering

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: IVhorseman, Pwnerade

Multi-use weapons/countering

Postby Battlegrinder » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:19 pm

Lately I've taken to using Bohrok models as part of my army, mostly in the same role other people use dreadnoughts. I usually arm them with a 3 inch ranged weapon and a 3 inch melee weapon (They don't actually have weapons that big, but I count the little 1 inch weapons they come with as being that big), plus multitasking so they can use both weapons per turn. What I like to do is have each arm be capable of making either a melee or ranged attack, depending on the circumstances (never both from the same weapon, and I can only make one attack of each type per turn).
Question:
1. Is it actually legal to have a smaller weapon have the cost and stats of a larger weapon (including an increased chance to hit for component damage)?
2. Can the Bohrok legally use their weapons like I describe, or do I have to designate one as the melee arm and one as the ranged arm?
3. Can a 3 inch model counter a minifig in CC? The rules say models can't counter against opponents that are small than half their size rating, which makes figuring out countering rules for odd number sized models tricky. Should we round down, up, or decide on a case by case basis?
Battlegrinder
Cannon Fodder

Re: Multi-use weapons/countering

Postby IVhorseman » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:56 pm

1. You can't mix-and-match stats. You can certainly treat a physically smaller weapon as if it were larger, but you must have ALL stats be those for the larger weapons - cost, UR, damage, the works. There is no increased chance to hit.

2. I'd allow it. Other players might call you on it, but they'd be assholes for it.

3. 3/2 = 1.5, and 1.5 > 1. The largest thing that can block/counter a minifig's melee attacks is size 2.
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Re: Multi-use weapons/countering

Postby Battlegrinder » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:12 pm

1. I think I miss-phrased the first question. The weapons do have all the stats of the 3 inch ones. I only mentioned the increased hit chance to clarify that they still had that greater chance of being sniped off, despite them not being that big on the model.
2. excellent.
3. darn. I kinda figured that was the likely answer.
Battlegrinder
Cannon Fodder

Return to The Rulebook