Minifigs that have flight.

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: Pwnerade, IVhorseman

Minifigs that have flight.

Postby Bluefog » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:53 am

I've been saying that a jet pack/wings/super power allows 10" of movement mostly because it allows combat to happen a lot faster... and that's what I want, but it might be a little far though, plus, a dude with wings would have less movement than a dude with a jet pack probably right? Anyone have thoughts on this? I'm thinking people most be dabbling with this, especially with the Chima sets. My army has 4 minifigs with wings, including my hero... I don't want to make them too powerful though, I'm all about the fair play.

EDIT: Sorry if someone already asked this, but I looked on the first page and didn't see anything and I'm far too lazy to go back further.

DOUBLE EDIT: Another totally unrelated question: Do heroes just automatically dual wield or would that have to be a feat?
"You ain't my friend, palooka." - Vincent Vega
Bluefog
Minifig

Re: Minifigs that have flight.

Postby stubby » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:49 am

Bluefog wrote:I've been saying that a jet pack/wings/super power allows 10" of movement mostly because it allows combat to happen a lot faster... and that's what I want, but it might be a little far though, plus, a dude with wings would have less movement than a dude with a jet pack probably right? Anyone have thoughts on this? I'm thinking people most be dabbling with this, especially with the Chima sets. My army has 4 minifigs with wings, including my hero... I don't want to make them too powerful though, I'm all about the fair play.

EDIT: Sorry if someone already asked this, but I looked on the first page and didn't see anything and I'm far too lazy to go back further.

DOUBLE EDIT: Another totally unrelated question: Do heroes just automatically dual wield or would that have to be a feat?

I put winged minifigs at a standard 5" Flying and let them do an aerial Sprint for extra speed as usual. Jetpack minifigs I give 5" on foot plus 5" in any straight line.

Flying minifigs are limited in how much weight they can carry. They can't wear Heavy Armor or use Large minifig weapons.

Dual wielding Hand Weapons is legal for all minifigs; other types of dual wields are technically Feats, but a lot of people just fudge that.
stubby
Psy.D Manchild Psychology, U. of Wikipedia

Postby Quantumsurfer » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:28 pm

stubby wrote:Flying minifigs are limited in how much weight they can carry. They can't wear Heavy Armor or use Large minifig weapons.

Some of this murders my go to flying unit ideas, like angels, for example. But I can't honestly think of a better way to keep their utility balanced.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Postby stubby » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:00 am

They can still wear Body Armor and carry Medium weapons no problem.
stubby

Postby Gungnir » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:46 am

What about Superman?
Give a minifig an inch, and he'll murder for a mile.
Gungnir
Dimmy

Postby stubby » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:56 am

Superman uses a big pile of supernatural dice to achieve all his crazy effects.
stubby

Postby Bluefog » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:28 am

stubby wrote:I put winged minifigs at a standard 5" Flying and let them do an aerial Sprint for extra speed as usual. Jetpack minifigs I give 5" on foot plus 5" in any straight line.

Flying minifigs are limited in how much weight they can carry. They can't wear Heavy Armor or use Large minifig weapons.

Dual wielding Hand Weapons is legal for all minifigs; other types of dual wields are technically Feats, but a lot of people just fudge that.

Would an aerial sprint require more rolling of dice? I try to avoid that as much as possible... of late I seem to roll nothing but critical fails.
"You ain't my friend, palooka." - Vincent Vega
Bluefog
Minifig

Return to The Rulebook