Is this allowed?

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: IVhorseman, Pwnerade

Postby rulebender101 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:11 pm

I happen to know the person who created this idea, as well as the person who asked the question. The creator of this idea who would like to remain a nobody, would like to talk through me:

It was all wrong, ALL WRONG!!!

This is how the strategy actually works,

6 heros,

5 of these heros are either Azathoths or some kind of destructive god. Their ability is as follows: Name: destruction
All units except for this hero die.
The failure, therefore is that this hero dies.

(If success, for added dramatic effect, sweep your arm across the table, knocking everything on it over/off.)

The sixth is either a death, or a timetwister.
Their ability is as follows: Name, either: Reality Loop or Speed of Life
All units are are brought to life, take another turn.
The failure, naturally is that ALL units die, and then the opponents get to take a turn. (please note, ALL, that includes the opponent's troops)

Also, for all of the superpowers I have seen, such as superjump, the win instantly. The losses are as follows, fall, and lose instantly.
some other things that I have seen while searching was:
So I tried to cast a huge fireball to throw at the enemy, but failed. so he engulfed himself and the unfortunate nearby civilians in flame.
That followed logically, fireball, that would kill, instead ends up killing the caster.
my hero attempted to snatch the shield from his fellow man, then hurl it at a ninja a few inches away. I failed, and the hero decapitated the soldier with his own shield. whoops.
Wow, a killing strike delivered from a person through another person ended up killing the person who gave the opportunity.
[color=red]
matrix like moves like dodging bullets, failed, instead caught all bullets with his forehead..
Was that suprising? The hero failed to do what he wanted, namely dodge, therefore he didn't.

I would like to thank Doomstormer and Rody.
:evil:

Also, to mock you all:
Direct from the big book of rules.
BrikWars is spelled without a 'c.' This is not a typo; this is part of its intrinsik nature. BrikWars is about the celebration of mayhem; it turns a suspicious eye towards infidels who believe that rules are made to be followed. If there's a "right" way of doing things, including spelling, BrikWars stands in opposition to it.

Mocking commenses because this "small" message tells us that what I am doing is completely legal, it is in fact, applauded.
Damn, don't you just hate slight problems like that!!!
:mrgreen:

ex-pastor wrote:
*CRAZYHORSE* wrote:

Atomsk wrote:
Technically, wouldn't heroic failure be everyone on the other side dying?

Also, your freind sucks for trying to use such a non-fun tactic.

I agree here. He should at least say how he would be able to do that with one action.


I agree here. to just say everyone dies is boring and pointless. Is he a hero who is incredibly unlucky and his heroic feat is dodging the meteors that keep trying to crush him and they end up killing everyone on the other team (adversely his team is VERY lucky and keep dodging them)?



Now jumping to the next topic,
You say this isn't fun.
You all don't get it, it is fun.

I find problems in the rules, and exploit.

The likelyhood is I wouldn't actually execute this strategy unless things turn dire, but I believe in having myself win fairly, (with some bending of the rules.)

I was just simply stating a simple problem with the heros.

THEY ARE TOO POWERFUL!!!

What choice do I have except to make up a simple strategy that wins the game?

In fact, I figured out a strategy that wins, (for the most part) on a simple 11 and a 1/2 points.
:twisted:

Thank you very much for your time.

Nobody




I am in no way to be held responsible for this message, I was forced into convey the message
TROLOLO
rulebender101
Battlefield General
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:11 am
Location: banhammered!

Postby Rayhawk » Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:11 pm

I'm not sure how "Azathoth, God of Destruction" fits into an action hero cliche. This guy must be watching a whole different order of action movies than I am.

Like I said - the reason the Hero rules are so open-ended is because of guys like this. If they want to be idiots and ruin the game, they'll find a way no matter how many rules I put in - so it might as well be easy for them, so at least you find out early and can move on like Bonn-o-Tron. Reading this demonstration of total failure to understand human interaction, I can't imagine how you'd even put up with being able to talk to a douchebag like this in the first place, much less get to the point you'd invite him to a game.

For everyone else: the consequences of Herioc failure should always be commeasurate with the consequences of success. Namely, if succeeding would kill a Hero's worth of enemies, then failure means killing a Hero's worth of your Hero. If succeeding means auto-win, then failing should mean auto-lose. This isn't exactly rocket science, no matter how willfully you're determined to twist the rules and ignore the spirit of the game.
User avatar
Rayhawk
Overlord
 
Posts: 1015
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:02 pm
Location: BrikWars HQ, USA

Postby Shaeph » Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:11 pm

Ummmm.. wow that was long
What about crankiness?


and i know exaclty who you are R...Y
Spend each day as if it were your last.
------------------------------------------------------
"Weekends don't count unless you do something completely pointless." - Calvin
User avatar
Shaeph
Cannon Fodder
 
Posts: 391
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:03 pm
Location: Under the sea in an octopus' garden in the shade

Postby rulebender101 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:56 pm

Sheaph,
or should I say S..n or even better J..n
It was "The Nobody" that wrote that, (the demon as you call it, Sheaph)
"The Nobody" wants to convey through me again:

I thank you for clarifying the rules, Rayhawk, now that I know how to play, maybe when I play, (if ever, and no it is not because of this, in fact, I never played the game before this,) I will understand how the heroes work and therefore play them properly, instead of in the unfair way that I was proposing to play them. It would have been helpful if examples like those were in the rules.
:oops:


Thank you again.


Umm... back to me, I can not really avoid hanging out with him, though we don't play much games, he always does find faults in the rules, it is just in his nature, but he does like gaming.
TROLOLO
rulebender101
Battlefield General
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:11 am
Location: banhammered!

Postby IVhorseman » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:08 pm

TL;DR

conclusion: you're a whiner, go back to your warhammer.
User avatar
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
 
Posts: 6079
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:12 pm
Location: The Abyss

Postby Pvt Expendable » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:21 pm

Rayhawk is right you gonna do something like that mise well say screw rolling and roll a basketball if the basketball lands on the round side down you win

ta da,... the dude is probably don't wanna play
User avatar
Pvt Expendable
Dimmy
 
Posts: 637
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:52 am

Postby Rayhawk » Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:13 am

rulebender101 wrote:I thank you for clarifying the rules, Rayhawk, now that I know how to play, maybe when I play, (if ever, and no it is not because of this, in fact, I never played the game before this,) I will understand how the heroes work and therefore play them properly, instead of in the unfair way that I was proposing to play them. It would have been helpful if examples like those were in the rules.

I guess I should also put in some notes about take a shower before going to your friend's house, and don't steal his Legos and put them through the garbage disposal, and don't set yourself on fire, and DON'T RUIN THE GAME FOR EVERYONE ELSE ON PURPOSE RETARD. Because it's apparently my job now to tell everyone the stuff they should already know.
User avatar
Rayhawk
Overlord
 
Posts: 1015
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:02 pm
Location: BrikWars HQ, USA

Postby DanNewt1.0 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:21 am

You do have to remember some of these people ARE actually dimmies...
- Never enough Briks -
TROLOLO
DanNewt1.0
Champion
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:55 am
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Postby Pvt Expendable » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:02 am

Yeah not everyone is 30
User avatar
Pvt Expendable
Dimmy
 
Posts: 637
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:52 am

Postby Rody » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:00 am

Shaeph wrote:Ummmm.. wow that was long
What about crankiness?


and i know exaclty who you are R...Y

you know who I am????(RodY)
I am now horribly scared, I thought I was safe here.

WHO ARE YOU!!??
or did you mean some other R...Y?


well, I ususally end up making up funny heroic feats,
the least fun I ever did was reassembly of a hero that was blown to pieces(he still lived) only for him to get blown apart again

and matrix like moves to make sure none of the bullets hit you should obviously end up in making sure all bullets hit you in case of a failure
(that he did so with his forehead was because he wouldnt have survived so many hits anyway)
Act first, then think, then try to find a way to cover up the horrible mess you made.
Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
User avatar
Rody
My Little Pony
 
Posts: 1998
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:48 am
Location: Below sea-level

Postby Tzan » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:44 am

Rayhawk wrote:I guess I should also put in some notes about take a shower before going to your friend's house, and don't steal his Legos and put them through the garbage disposal, and don't set yourself on fire, and DON'T RUIN THE GAME FOR EVERYONE ELSE ON PURPOSE RETARD. Because it's apparently my job now to tell everyone the stuff they should already know.


1. I was expecting a list.
User avatar
Tzan
Pooplord
 
Posts: 4615
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:41 pm
Location: Boston

Postby Atomsk » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:51 am

Tzan wrote:
Rayhawk wrote:I guess I should also put in some notes about take a shower before going to your friend's house, and don't steal his Legos and put them through the garbage disposal, and don't set yourself on fire, and DON'T RUIN THE GAME FOR EVERYONE ELSE ON PURPOSE RETARD. Because it's apparently my job now to tell everyone the stuff they should already know.


1. I was expecting a list.


Or maybe a table with variables and Rudeness Point values.
User avatar
Atomsk
Cannon Fodder
 
Posts: 353
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:30 pm

Postby Shaeph » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:04 am

you know who I am????(RodY)
I am now horribly scared, I thought I was safe here.

WHO ARE YOU!!??
or did you mean some other R...Y?


yes I meant another R...Y
lol, sry about that :oops:
Spend each day as if it were your last.
------------------------------------------------------
"Weekends don't count unless you do something completely pointless." - Calvin
User avatar
Shaeph
Cannon Fodder
 
Posts: 391
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:03 pm
Location: Under the sea in an octopus' garden in the shade

Postby Rayhawk » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:00 pm

For another take on the subject, Vincent Baker had a semi-related post over on the Lumpley Games blog today.

Rules vs Vigorous Creative Agreement
User avatar
Rayhawk
Overlord
 
Posts: 1015
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:02 pm
Location: BrikWars HQ, USA

Postby rulebender101 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:19 pm

I noticed a few negative remarks about the idea :roll: , and I just wanted to clarify whether they were about me, or the actual creator of the idea who forced me to convey the message?
TROLOLO
rulebender101
Battlefield General
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:11 am
Location: banhammered!

PreviousNext

Return to The Rulebook

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron