AT-AT Rules

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: Pwnerade, IVhorseman

501stCadians
Galidor
Galidor

AT-AT Rules

Post by 501stCadians » Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:38 pm

Yeah, i need them.Going to get one soon,and i want specail rules for it. I was thinking:
Imtimadation.Gaint walker.Makes you wet yourself.
Charge wepons.You know,for more chaos and destruction!Bwuhahah! :twisted:
Trip!Trip as in you know,when they trip them.

I know,but i need to refine them. :( They arnt all that great.
IVhorseman wrote:I'm the Several Hundred Dollar Man!
Rayhawk wrote:"Give him the stick DON'T GIVE HIM THE STICK" was a major part of Knights Kingdom development.

piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by piltogg » Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:45 pm

well, how many inches tall and wide is it?
what wepons does it have?
how many minnifigs can it carry?

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:12 pm

specialty: AT-AT armor - the AT-AT is completely impervious to taking structural damage from weapons below size four. instead, it can only take component damage.

^ this inspires enemy players to *improvise* something to do with speeders and tow cables. also, i'd tell you to make the armor 4d10.

Specialty: AT-AT speed - the AT-AT is a lumbering behemoth, and thus can only turn up to 45 degrees per turn.

Thyclaine
Hero

Post by Thyclaine » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:45 pm

Could a minifig go inside and plant an exlplosive?

That seemed to destroy it fairly easily in the movie, could it be done in BrikWars?

I have so many ideas about how one could be taken down, if the armor is 4d10.
Time travel's been getting me down.

Atomsk
Cannon Fodder

Post by Atomsk » Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:31 pm

Thyclaine wrote:Could a minifig go inside and plant an exlplosive?

That seemed to destroy it fairly easily in the movie, could it be done in BrikWars?

Just shoot out a leg. It's easier and doesn't require massive amounts of firepower.

pesgores
The Dear Leader

Post by pesgores » Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:17 pm

IVhorseman wrote:specialty: AT-AT armor - the AT-AT is completely impervious to taking structural damage from weapons below size four. instead, it can only take component damage.

^ this inspires enemy players to *improvise* something to do with speeders and tow cables. also, i'd tell you to make the armor 4d10.

Specialty: AT-AT speed - the AT-AT is a lumbering behemoth, and thus can only turn up to 45 degrees per turn.
What the heck, you can't be that lazy.

If you are using a Snowspeeder with a tow cable, to fire the cable:
UR:5
RANGE: 6"

If you hit one leg of the AT-AT, you need to make 2 turns around it. Then, the monster will fall, and cannot bet up on his own. Then, you can use every weapon you want normally without restrictions. Why, if you didn't do anything to "disrupt" any shields? Because you broke something inside.

Ok. Simple.
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
My official post number 1000 was "The whole battle?"

james+burgundy
I tend to just pile the shit on myself

Post by james+burgundy » Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:45 pm

O there has so got to be stomp damage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Been here longer then pretty much all of you or some shit.

Thyclaine
Hero

Post by Thyclaine » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:02 pm

Atomsk wrote:

Just shoot out a leg. It's easier and doesn't require massive amounts of firepower.
It can still shoot when it's on the ground if the head isn't hit, it effectively becomes a huge siege weapon.

My idea was combining rocket attacks on the neck, so the head falls off and everything is over with.

Atomsk
Cannon Fodder

Post by Atomsk » Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:19 pm

Thyclaine wrote:
Atomsk wrote:

It can still shoot when it's on the ground if the head isn't hit, it effectively becomes a huge siege weapon.

My idea was combining rocket attacks on the neck, so the head falls off and everything is over with.
In Star Wars: Battlefront II, I believe the neck is the Critical Hit area on the AT-AT. I believe there is cannon evidance as well that indicates the neck is the most vulnerable place on the walker.

Tuefish
Dimmy

Post by Tuefish » Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:29 pm

if you bring one down, it merely becomes a bunker.
"If someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill them right back." -Malcolm Reynolds

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:54 pm

Atomsk wrote:I believe there is cannon evidance as well that indicates the neck is the most vulnerable place on the walker.
someone mentions it in empire strikes back.

as for explosives inside, remember how components of brikwars vehicles are treated in brikwars! the 4d10 applies to attacking the whole damn vehicle with sporadic laser fire, hoping to blunt force it into submission. doing damage to less armored areas (usually things like doors and under-chassis/interior armor) will be considered one structure level lower than the rest of the vehicle. damaging something SUPER critical (all joints, computer parts, weapon mounts etc.) are considered two structure levels below.

in this case, hitting an AT-AT directly in the leg (not on a joint), or cutting open bottom armor would be dealt with at 3d10 armor. once inside, engines and cockpit parts would have only 2d10 armor, as would all the AT-AT's joints, including knees and neck.

Silent-sigfig
can you feel me?

Post by Silent-sigfig » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:35 pm

Thyclaine wrote:It can still shoot when it's on the ground if the head isn't hit, it effectively becomes a huge siege weapon.

But it can only shoot in one direction. Then you could just move everything out of the way and... Well, it'll be safe.

On the other hand, I have an idea. If an AT-AT fall over, it automaticly spawns X troops.
BFenix wrote:
Silent-sigfig wrote: :dog:
Coolest 1000th post ever :D

Thyclaine
Hero

Post by Thyclaine » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:29 am

Silent-sigfig wrote:On the other hand, I have an idea. If an AT-AT fall over, it automaticly spawns X troops.
Why spawn troops? I think everybody but maybe the head would be dead inside.

Silent-sigfig
can you feel me?

Post by Silent-sigfig » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:41 am

I'm pretty sure they have some shock absorbers in there.
BFenix wrote:
Silent-sigfig wrote: :dog:
Coolest 1000th post ever :D

Atomsk
Cannon Fodder

Post by Atomsk » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:59 am

Silent-sigfig wrote:I'm pretty sure they have some shock absorbers in there.
In Empire Strikes Back, when an AT-AT falls over, it doesn't spawn troops, it explodes, with about a 3 second delay. That sounds like a much more Brikwarsish rule to me.