rule aditions!

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: Pwnerade, IVhorseman

solvess
Dimmy

rule aditions!

Post by solvess » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:54 am

I was looking at the 2005 rules because I was making rules for my AT-TE and I saw something weird it was at chapter seven weapons (7.3) right under explosives it said,
Weapon CP Cost Use Range Damage Notes
Rocket WS x2 WS x2 WS x6" (WS)d10 Exp - .
Witch was perfect for the hidden cannons in the AT-TE. Then I thought why haven't I seen this before? I looked at my print copy of the rules and it wasn't in there, then I thought awesome new rules! Mike must be adding new ones! tell me what you think of the new rules and and other rule changes you see.
My brute
"Having enough Dakka is an illusion created by those too weak to stomach true warfare."
"A river of blood begins with a single drop."

solvess
Dimmy

Post by solvess » Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:19 pm

Silverdream wrote:I saw this thing, where you have to roll a die for a minifig to use a weapon. I think it's called a fatality roll.
With your less then helpful comment I have managed to make up a BrikWars scenario, were the figs must roll to see if they are infected by the new sickness, and roll again next turn to see if they die. :D now if you will excuse me I am going to start a Brikwars battle. :lol:
My brute
"Having enough Dakka is an illusion created by those too weak to stomach true warfare."
"A river of blood begins with a single drop."

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:15 pm

Yeah, instead of making up a whole new set of rules for 2010 or whatever, Mike's just been going through the book and making minor updates, seeing as it's on the internet and easily editable.

Cpt. Zipps
Mega Blok

Post by Cpt. Zipps » Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:51 pm

AND He's bringing back the more specific weapons from 2001.

501stCadians
Galidor
Galidor

Post by 501stCadians » Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:08 pm

IVhorseman wrote:Yeah, instead of making up a whole new set of rules for 2010 or whatever, Mike's just been going through the book and making minor updates, seeing as it's on the internet and easily editable.
No, he's making a 2010 verison aswell. He said so in the chat. :rtfm:
IVhorseman wrote:I'm the Several Hundred Dollar Man!
Rayhawk wrote:"Give him the stick DON'T GIVE HIM THE STICK" was a major part of Knights Kingdom development.

Pwnerade
Mega Blok

Post by Pwnerade » Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:26 pm

I'm in the middle of a battle right now and noticed that the printed PDF my opponent brought is rather outdated. Not only does it not have the new weapon stats, there's no horse chapter. And I noticed this a few turns in.

501stCadians
Galidor
Galidor

Post by 501stCadians » Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:36 pm

solvess wrote:
501stCadians wrote:he's making a 2010 verison aswell. He said so in the chat. :rtfm:
Yay! did he say when they would be out?
It's coming out in October 2007.
IVhorseman wrote:I'm the Several Hundred Dollar Man!
Rayhawk wrote:"Give him the stick DON'T GIVE HIM THE STICK" was a major part of Knights Kingdom development.

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:23 am

Pwnerade wrote:I'm in the middle of a battle right now and noticed that the printed PDF my opponent brought is rather outdated. Not only does it not have the new weapon stats, there's no horse chapter. And I noticed this a few turns in.
The horse chapter was added a year or two ago, there's a thread on here that shows when it showed up. FUN FACT: If you actually follow the full implications of the chapter on Creations, you don't actually need the horse. Having a stat for "horse" just makes the game go a whole hell of a lot faster.

You know, having a few pre-made templates for "car", "tank" and "plane" wouldn't be too bad an idea...

Arkbrik
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by Arkbrik » Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:21 am

IVhorseman wrote:You know, having a few pre-made templates for "car", "tank" and "plane" wouldn't be too bad an idea...
The problem is that (unlike horses) there aren't any pre-made template cars, tanks, or planes.

Pwnerade
Mega Blok

Post by Pwnerade » Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:37 am

IVhorseman wrote:
Pwnerade wrote:I'm in the middle of a battle right now and noticed that the printed PDF my opponent brought is rather outdated. Not only does it not have the new weapon stats, there's no horse chapter. And I noticed this a few turns in.
The horse chapter was added a year or two ago, there's a thread on here that shows when it showed up. FUN FACT: If you actually follow the full implications of the chapter on Creations, you don't actually need the horse. Having a stat for "horse" just makes the game go a whole hell of a lot faster.

You know, having a few pre-made templates for "car", "tank" and "plane" wouldn't be too bad an idea...
The PDF download of the rulebook was never updated. Check it out.

You don't need a template. You measure the size, decide on a reasonable structure level, decide how fast it goes, and what kind of weapons to put on it. Not that complicated. I give unarmored vehicles 1d10, lightly armored vehicles 2d10, and heavily armored tanks 3d10.

Sloopofwar
Minifig

Post by Sloopofwar » Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:35 am

Yeah, I actually noticed this too. I reread the core rules yesterday and it was slightly different that when I read it oh, a year ago.

muffinman42
Dimmy

Post by muffinman42 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:18 am

I don't bother rereading.
If i forget something it just increases the amount of homebrew/fudge used.
Kerbal Rocketry(my youtube with actual videos on it!)

Muffinman aka. second account of Tahthing. Not technically troll account, as it was made out of shame.

aoffan23
You can nail me with your wood. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
You can nail me with your wood. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Post by aoffan23 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:58 am

muffinman42 wrote:I don't bother rereading.
If I forget something it just increases the amount of homebrew/fudge used.
Spoiler
Show
Tzan wrote:
Quantumsurfer wrote:I generally agree with Tzan
Warhead wrote:I agree with QuantumSmurfer.
I agree with Warhead.

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:41 pm

Pwnerade wrote:You don't need a template. You measure the size, decide on a reasonable structure level, decide how fast it goes, and what kind of weapons to put on it. Not that complicated. I give unarmored vehicles 1d10, lightly armored vehicles 2d10, and heavily armored tanks 3d10.
Right, which are also the same rules that govern Horses. I'm not even saying that a template should have a specified size or weapon list for each "class" of vehicle, but just a general idea for structure level, approximate movement speed, and base CP cost that can be scaled according to the size of the vehicle. For example, the "Car" template could read off that a "Car" is anything with wheels, and moves at 12" with an armor of 1d10, and costs size x (insert CP multiplier here) points. This also opens up the avenue for Armored Cars (+1d10 armor), Faster cars, and Guncars, which would all have associated CP values with them.