BW 2010 feedback

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: Pwnerade, IVhorseman

*CRAZYHORSE*
Mega Blok

Re: BW 2010 feedback

Post by *CRAZYHORSE* » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:23 pm

I really like that the Rulebook gradually introduces you to more and more advanced rules.
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:46 pm

Hmm, maybe I should rename Ch 8 "Advanced Weapons" or something
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:09 pm

If you do, have a very simplistic weapon at the top.

Cytheran
Officer

Post by Cytheran » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:46 pm

Chapter 10 is sweet.

stubby

Post by stubby » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:58 am

Zupponn wrote:If you do, have a very simplistic weapon at the top.
Nice. I'm thinking a banner-sized closeup of the Poo On A Stik.

Whiteagle
whiteeagle problems
whiteeagle problems

Post by Whiteagle » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:20 am

Speakings of Chapter 10, are Constructs and Modular Parts optional?

I mean I like the idea, but with my current army being Space Skeletons I don't know if I'd really want to use it.
Arms can be slid off well enough, but the head and leg clips get a bit iffy when the constant attachment and detachment can ruin their friction.
Plus it'd turn what is suppose to be a fragile shooty army into an implacable wall of Lazor death.

stubby

Post by stubby » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:21 am

Whiteagle wrote:Speakings of Chapter 10, are Constructs and Modular Parts optional?
This is BrikWars. Everything is optional.

That being said, Constructs are pretty fragile. The one point of damage = one limb lost really makes you feel every hit, and they can't be shooting implacable Lazors while they're spending Actions reassembling themselves.

I suggest doing some quick playtests to see which style "feels" more like what you're looking for, and to see whether you'll be pulling heads and legs on and off often enough to damage the friction.

Whiteagle
whiteeagle problems
whiteeagle problems

Post by Whiteagle » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:02 pm

stubby wrote:This is BrikWars. Everything is optional.

That being said, Constructs are pretty fragile. The one point of damage = one limb lost really makes you feel every hit, and they can't be shooting implacable Lazors while they're spending Actions reassembling themselves.

I suggest doing some quick playtests to see which style "feels" more like what you're looking for, and to see whether you'll be pulling heads and legs on and off often enough to damage the friction.
Well yeah, but I thought the limb lost was defenders choice?
If that's the case, then a Briktoid Space Skeleton has an effective Armor rating of at least 4, seeing as they'd keep their shooty arm for last and I'd have to claim the torsos are in fact where they're processor is (it's the only way to tell the different types apart in that situation).

It also means that you'd probably have to start tracking stat penalties individually with the removal of certain parts creating penalties, like movement for locomotive pieces or skill for sensory bits.

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:05 pm

Don't keep track of it, take it on a case-by-case basis

Oh look this guy's missing legs. No walking for him.
This one's only got one arm
And this one's totally fine

All in all, only one fig is penalized, and he can still drag himself around if he really wanted to.

stubby

Post by stubby » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:38 pm

Whiteagle wrote:It also means that you'd probably have to start tracking stat penalties individually with the removal of certain parts creating penalties, like movement for locomotive pieces or skill for sensory bits.
It's already in the rules.
10.2: The Medik wrote:Effects of Amputation
The complete loss of an arm or leg is a massive trauma that causes all surrounding tissue to swell and adrenaline to course through the body, cutting off blood loss and allowing the Creature to ignore the pain, at least until the end of the battle. Creatures who lose one or more limbs are still capable of continuing to fight. They're just differently capable.

The loss of legs, wings, or other limbs the Creature uses to move around is treated as Propulsion Damage (9.1: Standard Propulsion). Each Propulsion limb removed reduces the Creature's Move by 1". If half of the Creature's Propulsion limbs are lost, it moves at Half Speed after applying all other penalties.

If all of the Propulsion limbs are lost, the Creature is limited to dragging itself along by the length of any arms it still has attached. (For minifigs, whose arms are each 1/2" long, this means that a minifig with both arms and no legs can drag itself one inch per turn.) This uses up the Creature's Action for the turn; it may not use its arms for anything else. Even if it's still able to drag itself around, a Creature with no Propulsion limbs is treated as one that has no Move ability - it may not Sprint, Bail, or use Angry Inches, and all Close Combat attacks against it automatically hit.

Regardless of the state of its legs, a Creature who loses one or more hands or arms is limited in other obvious ways. A Creature with only one hand can't use a Two-Handed or Long-Ranged Weapon. A Creature with no hands can't use any tools or weapons at all. Less common objects have to be considered on a case-by-case basis; it may take a What I Say Goes Roll to decide whether a given armless minifig can successfully operate a door latch with his teeth or mash a self-destruct button with his face.
If the processors aren't located in the head, the sensory equipment still is; units lacking a head are firing blind.
5.1: Making Attacks wrote:Units firing at a target they can't see are Firing Blind, and receive a -5 Skill penalty in addition to any other Attack Modifiers at play. The target may be hidden or invisible, or the attacker may have been blinded or blindfolded, or he may be extra cocky and firing backwards over his shoulder with his eyes closed. While he is unable to see the target, the attacker must still somehow have a very close idea of where the target is (within one inch) to attempt the attack - the target may have chosen a very small and obvious hiding place (like inside a barrel) or may have made enough noise to have given away his location (his cell phone went off).
So for Space Skeletons, the stat modifications are simple.

Missing legs: can drag itself around with two arms for 1", or one arm for 1/2". This uses up its Action for the turn.
Missing arm: cannot use rifles or other two-handed weapons.
Missing both arms: cannot use weapons or other objects at all, do any reassembly work, or drag itself around.
Missing head: -5 to Skill, may only attempt attacks on targets whose locations it knew before losing its head.

Whiteagle
whiteeagle problems
whiteeagle problems

Post by Whiteagle » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:43 pm

Rayhawk, you magnificent bastard... I DIDN'T READ YOUR BOOK!!!

*CRAZYHORSE*
Mega Blok

Post by *CRAZYHORSE* » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:41 pm

So now that chapter 10 is getting near to completion could you tell us what will chapter 11 contain?

Zupponn

Post by Zupponn » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:46 pm

Suggestion:
Maybe change the name of the section on Girls to a section on Gurlz?

EDIT: Also, I noticed that the Dimmy pic was used twice. Consider changing one of them to a different pic.

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:28 am

*CRAZYHORSE* wrote:So now that chapter 10 is getting near to completion could you tell us what will chapter 11 contain?
A few more classes, like Officers and whatnot. Revised squad rules, and a few other goodies.

*CRAZYHORSE*
Mega Blok

Post by *CRAZYHORSE* » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:06 am

Nice. I had a bit of a problem with the 2005 squad rules. I didn't like the way they played. So I hope Stubs comes up with some good fun enhancing stuf this time.