BW 2010 feedback

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: IVhorseman, Pwnerade

Re: BW 2010 feedback

Postby stubby » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:49 pm

Whiteagle wrote:
stubby wrote:if you guys ever want an adventure, try terminating half a dozen multi-year relationships all at once.

...And again, everyone wants to be Mike...

Man, you wouldn't want to be if you gave a little more thought to the ramifications of that last sentence there.

Now that I think about it, I was briefly monogamous during every one of the previous releases, although rarely during the years in between. I never noticed this pattern before, but it may be a big factor in why I haven't finished any releases since 2005.
stubby
forum janitor

Postby Zupponn » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:10 pm

stubby wrote:but it may be a big factor in why I haven't finished anything since 2005.

:ftfy:
Zupponn
No Lego part truly dies
No Lego part truly dies

Postby Whiteagle » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:15 am

stubby wrote:
Whiteagle wrote:
stubby wrote:if you guys ever want an adventure, try terminating half a dozen multi-year relationships all at once.

Man, you wouldn't want to be if you gave a little more thought to the ramifications of that last sentence there.

Oh no Mike, the implacation of those ramifications come with the non-monogamy...
As they say, you made your bed, now you have to sleep in it.
Whiteagle
Mega Blok

Postby stubby » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:11 pm

Whiteagle wrote:As they say, you made your bed, now you have to sleep in it.

Well that'll be a change. It's been years since I used it for sleeping in.
stubby
forum janitor

Postby Silent-sigfig » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:43 pm

"Leader" Stats

Every time a player has a hero use a feat to "summon reinforcements" or "motivate the troops", the player rolls a D6. The resulting number is the number of times the opposing player(s) may kick the original player in the nuts for attempting such a shitty feat. (No critical failures, unless the kicker(s) screw up. Critical successes still apply.)
BFenix wrote:
Silent-sigfig wrote: :dog:

Coolest 1000th post ever :D
Silent-sigfig
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby The Shadowscythe » Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:39 pm

So basically, we need to convince manda to propose to you, marry you (most likely) against your will and then force you into the routine of married life until your only form of outage and rebellion - is to finish the damn rule book already.

To hell with it, it doesn't even have to be manda, someone just fuck mike into marrying them already.
-- WARNINK -- LINK BELOW IZ KNOWN TO CAUZE HEMMORAGE --
Spoiler: show

I WARNED YOU, DIDN'T I WARN YOU?! BLAME RAYHAWK DAMNIT.
The Shadowscythe
The Brikwars Trickster God.

Postby Nimja » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:49 am

I quite like the "Anorak vs Brikwarrior" text in the BW2001 book. I think this would go well under an "attitude" heading in the "Supplies" section, although maybe a little condenced.
What Mavericks sig is missing:
Silvawards 2013 wrote:Best Noob
Nominees
-Nimja
-Maverick
Winner: Maverick

The Empryan colonies!
Nimja
BAHsLHASDSKJFWHEIJUSN
BAHsLHASDSKJFWHEIJUSN

Postby Apollyon » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:46 am

Whiteagle wrote:
stubby wrote:All right. After much thought this past week, I made the decision to become monogamous until the rulebook is finished, to give myself some free time finally. A couple of my girlfriends were (expectedly) pretty displeased at the news, but then a couple others were suprisingly supportive and happy to be on board with this plan, which... well I'm not sure how to take that, really. Anyway, if you guys ever want an adventure, try terminating half a dozen multi-year relationships all at once.

I had trouble dealing with two at once and even more when a third interfered. Being monogamous is sure easier in away. Then again, apparently Mike has much more experience in polyamoury so maybe i should make him my role model?
If you're not into Metal you are not my friend!
Apollyon
My Little Pony

Postby Brikguy0410 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:17 pm

Apollyon wrote:
Apollyon wrote:
Whiteagle wrote:
stubby wrote:All right. After much thought this past week, I made the decision to become monogamous until the rulebook is finished, to give myself some free time finally. A couple of my girlfriends were (expectedly) pretty displeased at the news, but then a couple others were suprisingly supportive and happy to be on board with this plan, which... well I'm not sure how to take that, really. Anyway, if you guys ever want an adventure, try terminating half a dozen multi-year relationships all at once.

I had trouble dealing with two at once and even more when a third interfered. Being monogamous is sure easier in a way. Then again, apparently Mike has much more experience in polyamoury so maybe i should make him my role model?

Wait, so mike has multiple girlfriends? Is he Muslim or something?
Brikguy0410
Official Forum Science and History Expert

Postby IVhorseman » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:33 pm

You don't?
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby stubby » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:03 am

Apollyon wrote:I had trouble dealing with two at once and even more when a third interfered. Being monogamous is sure easier in away.

I guess we'll find out. But if you have to "deal with" them then you picked the wrong ones.

Brikguy0410 wrote:Wait, so mike has multiple girlfriends? Is he Muslim or something?

Not anymore! But Muslims are limited to four (Sura 4:3), so that wouldn't have worked for me in any case.

IVhorseman wrote:You don't?

Seriously, we need to set some kind of minimum standards for forum membership here.
stubby
forum janitor

Postby Gungnir » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:56 pm

Brikguy0410 wrote:
Apollyon wrote:
Apollyon wrote:
Whiteagle wrote:

I had trouble dealing with two at once and even more when a third interfered. Being monogamous is sure easier in a way. Then again, apparently Mike has much more experience in polyamoury so maybe i should make him my role model?

Wait, so mike has multiple girlfriends? Is he Muslim or something?

It's called Polyamory. Get with the times.
Give a minifig an inch, and he'll murder for a mile.
Gungnir
Dimmy

Postby stubby » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:50 pm

stubby wrote:
IVhorseman wrote:You don't?

Seriously, we need to set some kind of minimum standards for forum membership here.

Let me think here about the other admins and admin-adjacent types here for a minute. I know Scythe is living with four or five girls. Natalya's got at least two women in her relationship as far as I recall. Butthurt was in a harem of something like a half-dozen accommodating ladies, at least up until recently... I think we're probably doing okay from a leadership standpoint. I don't know why the rest of you haven't stepped up your game when you have such excellent role models.
stubby
forum janitor

Postby Silverdream » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:15 pm

The Shadowscythe wrote:To hell with it, it doesn't even have to be manda, someone just fuck mike into marrying them already.

I volunteer as tribute.

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby Zupponn » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:22 pm

stubby wrote:I don't know why the rest of you haven't stepped up your game when you have such excellent role models.

That would require work.
Zupponn
No Lego part truly dies
No Lego part truly dies

PreviousNext

Return to The Rulebook