Template Weapons - Dragon Breath, Flamethrower, Etc... ???

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: Pwnerade, IVhorseman

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:21 am

sirchristopher2 wrote:seriously? is the only point of the forums to trade nonsensical banter?
The rulebook lays out certain philosophical views about logic and making sense and contributing anything useful. The forums are where we put those philosophies to practice.

ikensall
Princess Cauliflower

Post by ikensall » Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:39 am

Well why on earth does he join if he will react like this. :mystery:

All-Bricks United
Officer

Post by All-Bricks United » Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:02 am

I allow the use of a (lego-built) template (flat 1xwhatevers, attached at only one pip, and rotated to form the smallest acute angle they can), though I prefer the following:

Flamethrower (+4 CP): When a unit uses this weapon to attack, he chooses one target within range, but makes an attack against any unit within 1â€
<a href="http://www.brikwars.com/forums/viewtopi ... 3092">Join the ABU in our quest to overthrow the tyranny and racism that is rampant in our brick-world!</a>

*CRAZYHORSE*
Mega Blok

Post by *CRAZYHORSE* » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:29 am

You should leave the 2" blast radius for Mounted flamethrowers,tank flamethrowers and dragons.

I think that pretty much is a simple way of doing it.
And if he critical fails he is set on fire with the chance of exploding his fuel tanks.
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.

Abaddon127
Champion
Champion

Post by Abaddon127 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:58 pm

For a flamethrower, I have always just used a 2 inch wide "tunnel" centered on the weapons muzzle out to the maximum range. Anything that touches the flameblast takes full damage.

Dr StrangeBrik
Nice Dubs

Post by Dr StrangeBrik » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:30 pm

Another suggestion might be the use of "finger cones" to determine the area of effect, with a maximum range in inches (the idea was used in the automatic fire thread). Adding a bit of variability could help too (eg, spread = angle between two fingers, range = 1d6 + 1 or something similar) - givesd the chance that the flame spray might not come out as faar as you hoped on a given turn...

Skyian Leader
Minifig

Post by Skyian Leader » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:07 pm

:protip: :necro: :necro: :necro:

Or if your a 40,000 player and happen to own some templates, you could use these!

Note: yes, those are Apoc templates as well. Blasts FTW!