Cannons that fire explosives

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: IVhorseman, Pwnerade

Cannons that fire explosives

Postby OneEye589 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:20 am

It's been brought up before several times (mostly by me) - what to do for cannons on tanks and the like that fire explosive rounds in terms of CP? In the rules now, you would have to purchase a launcher and a number of explosives. However, this means you are only able to use the amount of explosives that you have bought.

I'm wondering what other people do in this situation, or would if they used CP. Natalya, RoC, etc. Is there a special system you use?

Also, I know I've asked before, but I forgot. Stubby, do explosives that are purchased and used with a launcher on a creation count toward the limit for a creation? Do two 1d10 explosives count as 2 inches toward a creations weapon limit?

I made something before for unlimited explosive rounds, but I want a new system.

Perhaps purchasing the amount of 3 rockets, the size you would want for damage and distance? So for a tank cannon that fired 2d10 explosive rounds, it would count as 6 inches of weaponry and cost as much as 3 size 2 rockets.
OneEye589
Pooplord

Postby Keldoclock » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:53 am

I don't think ammo should count towards a vehicle's weapon limit, but why not simply just buy the explosives... just get like 8 or 10 of them(after all, just how many turns are you going to be using it,eh?) and use them as you normally would, plus if your vehicle is destroyed early it gets to explode!
stubby wrote:omg noob, balrogs are maiars too, don't you know anything
Keldoclock
Pooplord

Postby stubby » Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:29 am

Ammo doesn't draw from a vehicle's power supply, so it doesn't count against any limits the way it would if you were mounting explosives directly on the vehicle.
stubby
forum janitor

Postby OneEye589 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:38 pm

Okay, for some reason I thought of explosives adding to the vehicles weapon limit, thanks for the clear-up.
OneEye589
Pooplord

Return to The Rulebook