Pre-Made Animal Stats Thread

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

Re: Pre-Made Animal Stats Thread

Postby Voin » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:09 am

IVhorseman wrote:Of course, but it's particularly thematic with crocs. I'm not sure if there's any rules prohibiting them from sprinting while using their non-primary move speed, but if there is then crocogators would definitely be an exception.

No objections here - who doesn't want to see an unsuspecting 'fig get turned into Florida fertilizer?

Ugh, I am not fully awake yet over here. I thought I had made an error by giving a half-mind creature 1d6 skill, then I realized that's what horses (being animals) have by default, and the 1d4 only applies to zombies and such (like me before I've had my morning caffeine). -_-

Anyway, I re-fixed it now.
Voin
Minifig

Postby Voin » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:25 am

Dang, it's been too long since I posted in this thread. Anyway, I updated the vermin section (page 3) with a helpful pictoral guide, and I'll try to post some new animal stat cards soon.
Voin
Minifig

Postby Voin » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:04 am

Perhaps before I get onto statting up new creature cards, I'll get all the "horse-like" ones out of the way. Except where noted, the stats of the following creatures typically match that of the Horse.

Camel
The rider of one of these sits up about 1" higher than on a horse (especially if you don't use the cutout and have them sit on the hump). This is a slight advantage for mounted ranged units (camel archers and such), since it means they get 1" of "height advantage" range boost over their equestrian counterparts.

Cow

Great Eagle
Flying Horse

Hippogriff
Flying horse

Kaadu
As Ostrich, below?

Ostrich
Possible Exception: Can turn like a minifig, due to being a biped?

Pteranodon
Treat this as a flying horse. Some of the newer, larger ones may be fudged up from 2" to 3".

Skele-Horse
Treat as Horse, but Undead, as per Monsters chapter.

Tauntaun
The model is probably a bit bigger (I unfortunately don't have one IRL), but in the source material they're treated much like horses.

Also, I know Chapter H lists a "Gun-Ceratops" as an example of a Gun Horse, and that's fine if you want to fudge it as a 2" creature for the purpose of simplicity, but since by my measurements, the old-school Adventurers-style Triceratops is appx. ~3" from skull to ass, I'l be statting it as a larger creature.
Voin
Minifig

Postby Voin » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:50 am

Okay, finally a legit whole new stat card, hope y'all like it:

Credit to IVhorseman for the Berserker specialty.

The Combined Strike is a new specialty from my own armory thread.
Voin
Minifig

Postby Gungnir » Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:49 am

So, can the bear keep killing targets until there aren't any left that it can reach? If so, I think Berserker should cost more than 1 CP.
Give a minifig an inch, and he'll murder for a mile.
Gungnir
Dimmy

Postby Voin » Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:02 am

Gungnir wrote:So, can the bear keep killing targets until there aren't any left that it can reach? If so, I think Berserker should cost more than 1 CP.

Since IVhorseman was the one that made up the specialty originally, I'd ask him. But since his write-up of it says "This cannot chain off from charges, however.", I'd answer your question as "no, 1 possibility of free attack per round".
Voin
Minifig

Postby Voin » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:48 am

So after my latest leave of absence (schedule changes suck), I just discovered the Brikwars stat-card generator. Kudos to Tobias Zwick for programming it. This is gonna save me a lot of time, since I no longer have to use PowerPoint and Paint.net to edit my stat-cards, which in turn, will leave me more time to make more of these.

Voin
Minifig

Previous

Return to Bonus Material