Strategic Brikwars

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

Kirillyos
Officer

Re: Strategic Brikwars

Post by Kirillyos » Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:44 pm

stubby wrote:Okay guys it's INDUCTIVE KONSTRUCTIVISM time
~saddened, knowing that few, if any charts I see from now on will ever measure up to the unadulterated awesomeness I just witnessed here~
LEGO are like boobs - designed for kids, but adults have plenty of fun playing with them too. ;)

Grey Pennies
Champion
Champion

Post by Grey Pennies » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:31 am

Since I am seriously contemplating doing something akin to this, I thought I'd share my two cents on how I intend to do it. (From a rules perspective.)

There will probably be something between, I dunno, 4 and 6 scenarios. Each one will have 3 different Objectives, according to the scenario in question. Each Objective you achieve grants you a random Bonus at the next scenario.

When all battling is done, whomever has the most achieved Objectives is the Ultimate Winner.
You have the right to agree with me on any and all points. If you give up this right, anything you say can and most likely will be ignored in whole or in part.

Kirillyos
Officer

Post by Kirillyos » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:02 pm

Grey Pennies wrote:Since I am seriously contemplating doing something akin to this, I thought I'd share my two cents on how I intend to do it. (From a rules perspective.)

There will probably be something between, I dunno, 4 and 6 scenarios. Each one will have 3 different Objectives, according to the scenario in question. Each Objective you achieve grants you a random Bonus at the next scenario.

When all battling is done, whomever has the most achieved Objectives is the Ultimate Winner.
I'm curious: what kind of bonuses are we talking about? Extra units? Controlled territory? Methinks actual numerical advantages (bonus damage, armor, skill blessings, etc) might be a bit too overpowered and "lock-in" a definite winner from early on, thus eliminating chance (and fun).
LEGO are like boobs - designed for kids, but adults have plenty of fun playing with them too. ;)

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:58 pm

Kirillyos wrote:I'm curious: what kind of bonuses are we talking about? Extra units? Controlled territory? Methinks actual numerical advantages (bonus damage, armor, skill blessings, etc) might be a bit too overpowered and "lock-in" a definite winner from early on, thus eliminating chance (and fun).
This is true if there are only two sides. With more sides, teams that are behind have the option to band together against teams that are ahead, providing a kind of auto-balancing.
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

Kirillyos
Officer

Post by Kirillyos » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:13 pm

stubby wrote:
Kirillyos wrote:I'm curious: what kind of bonuses are we talking about? Extra units? Controlled territory? Methinks actual numerical advantages (bonus damage, armor, skill blessings, etc) might be a bit too overpowered and "lock-in" a definite winner from early on, thus eliminating chance (and fun).
This is true if there are only two sides. With more sides, teams that are behind have the option to band together against teams that are ahead, providing a kind of auto-balancing.
Effectively providing a sort of "balance of power" by making factions that become more powerful than others huge targets of gang-ups by lesser factions.

Of course, a powerful faction might attempt to pull in the lesser ones as "satellite states" by offering them protection/military aid against *their* enemies, and then we get a situation not unlike the warfare/politics of the 20th century.

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:06 pm

Kirillyos wrote:Of course, a powerful faction might attempt to pull in the lesser ones as "satellite states" by offering them protection/military aid against *their* enemies, and then we get a situation not unlike the warfare/politics of the 20th century.
Which is why we now have the Instant Bennies of Inevitable Betrayal. The best way to take down the powerful faction is from the inside.
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?