Pirate Stat Card

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

Pirate Stat Card

Postby Almighty Benny » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:25 pm

Here's my latest stat card. I think that as the counterpart to the official Ninja stat card, the pirate deserves it's own topic. This card is highly editable and is by no means the final version so input both critical and otherwise is welcomed. Also this is the first stat card I've made in which I drew the main image all myself!

I said "no" to drugs, but they just wouldn't listen...
Almighty Benny
Galidor

Postby IVhorseman » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:12 pm

benny, once again you churn out gold. it's like you have diarrhea, but your excrement is liquid diamonds!

perfect stat card, but i'd say that to counter the pirate curse, Medix refuse to operate on a pirate, due to the reasoning of "dude, he'll just stab me when he wakes up. screw that".
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby En!gma » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:59 pm

[slashthrough]I can't see the picture. :( [/slashthrough]

I am no longer blind! The art for the piece is ace. The only problem I can forsee would be the sea shanty part. I expect I would need to make a house rule so that people can't get away with unenthusiasticly using the same song repeatedly to gain an advanage.
Last edited by En!gma on Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
En!gma
Officer

Postby Moronstudios » Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:09 pm

That stat card's great, you're an amazing artist.
Looking for Vancouver Island players: http://www.brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1194
Moronstudios
Mega Blok

Postby Rayhawk » Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:13 pm

It's true, I'd like to see these abilities split up between different kinds of pirates though. One to get everyone else drunk, one to sing shanties, one to inspire mutinies, etc.
Rayhawk
Overlord

Postby Almighty Benny » Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:56 am

Thanks for the feedback, that was fast!

There's an error, on the left side under "skill" it should read "-1 per drink", not "-1d6 per drink.

As far as the splitting up abilities idea goes, I was going more for a counterpart to the ninja for classic pirate vs ninja action. However, now that I think about it, it makes sense that it would take lots of pirates to bring down a ninja. I think the splitting up could be pretty easily accomplished using pirate stereotypes. Example: Pirates with hook hands inspire mutinies, pirate with patch eyes sing sea shantys, and pirates with peg legs are always getting wasted. Combine all three and you have the classic hero pirate! Give him 2 peg legs, 2 patch eyes, hooks on each hand, and a parrot on his shoulder and he would be unstoppable.
I said "no" to drugs, but they just wouldn't listen...
Almighty Benny
Galidor

Postby Rayhawk » Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:18 am

Or funnier: no one starts out with any pirate abilities, they're just normal sailors. BUT. If they get killed, then they can be revived by a Pirate Medik (or "Dok"). The Pirate Medik always succeeds, but must remove a hand, leg, or eye in the process; this gives the lucky victim the new powers.

Pirate Medix would abviously need some advantage to keep from getting targeted right off the bat by Ninjas who want to avoid the spread of piracy. Something like a RedShirt advantage would both help to keep them alive and make sure they have plenty of corpses to piratify.
Rayhawk
Overlord

Postby Carda » Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:24 pm

So our good friend Dok not only gets sailors to banhammer themselves in his defense, but then he can revive them as Bukkaneers? That's awesome!
Bravo 13th: A Lego webcomic

http://lessthan3.netraptor.org/bravo13th/
Carda
Officer

Postby Rayhawk » Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:04 pm

The flaw in my plan is that nobody has that many extra peg legs, hook hands, and eye patches lying around to make this system work. Otherwise it'd be great.
Rayhawk
Overlord

Postby piltogg » Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:02 pm

I don't have any also you could improvise and use piratelevels shown by the wepons he weilds
lvl 1: musket
lvl 2: cutlas
lvl 3: cutlas and pistol

or with his hat
lvl 1: tri corner
lvl 2: bandana
lvl 3: pirate hat

even higher levels could even result in mutations like davy jones. of half squid or crab arms.
piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby IVhorseman » Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:12 pm

pirate levels, wtf?

and of course people have enough peg legs and hooks! or at least they should. peg legs and hooks were fairly rare, but most players have one or two of each lying around. then you've also got eye-patches, bandannas and hats just lying around, and you've got an ARMY of pirates!

just enforce "the dick rule" on the dok for protection. if you kill the Dok before he can actually be useful, you're a dick.
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby King of Brix » Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:32 pm

Actually, I've got about 6 peg legs, and I don't even want to count my hooks. But this is an amazing stat card. I'll probably implement it at some point...
Red Clay Studios Click here, and read my latest battle report! More coming soon.
King of Brix
Minifig

Postby LegoEggo » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:14 pm

The drawing is very good! Recently, in my art class, I've been attempting to sketch LEGO, but I always end up failing.
Member of ULUG
LegoEggo
Champion

Postby Pvt Expendable » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:58 pm

Wow thats an excellent stat card,....wish i could draw like that
Pvt Expendable
Dimmy

Postby Leonardo812 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:01 pm

Very well done. Great job.
Leonardo812
Hero

Next