Team Fortress 2... BRIKWARS STYLE

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

Team Fortress 2... BRIKWARS STYLE

Postby Carda » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:45 pm

The discussion over in the Portal Gun forum gave me the itch to do some real, honest-to-goodness stats for the various classes in Team Fortress 2. Now while I couldn't fit every little nuance of the classes into a turn-based game concept, I think I did reasonable justice to the classes I've statted out so far (6 of the 9, currently working on Demoman but thought I'd go ahead and get some input on what I've got so far). Feel free to critique, as I'm still fairly new to all this.

--------------------------------------------------

Team Fortress 2 classes...
...BRIKWARS STYLE

-----------------
Heavy Weapons Guy
-----------------

Skill: 1d6
Move: 4"
Armor: 3d6

Specialty:

Minigun -- The Heavy's weapon of choice is his minigun. "She weighs a hundred-fifty kilograms and fires two-hundred-dollar custom-tooled cartridges at ten thousand rounds per minute. It costs four hundred thousand dollars to fire this weapon... for twelve seconds."

The Heavy isn't very accurate with his gun... then again, with as much lead as he's spewing down-range, he doesn't NEED to be accurate. The gun is capable of targeting any minifig within a 6" range and in the Heavy's line of sight. It does 2d6 damage on a successful hit, and if it deals lethal damage, the Heavy can target another minifig within range and fire again.

-----
Medik
-----

Skill: 1d10
Move: 5"
Armor: 2d6

Specialties:

Medik Gun -- It's basically a fire hose of healy goodness. Whenever a friendly unit within a range of 6" is attacked, the Medic may use his action to heal that minifig, adding 1d6 to the defender's armor. If the defender survives the attack, the Medik earns one Point of Healy Goodness.

Ubercharge -- If the Medik is in a squad formation with only one other minifig, he may spend a Point of Healy Goodness to Ubercharge himself and his squadmate. Until the beginning of that player's next turn, both minifigs are immune to any and all damage.

-----
Scout
-----

Move: 8"
Armor: 1d6

Specialties:

Land Grab -- The Scout is fast. Like, Looney Tunes Road Runner fast. If territory control is a primary goal for the current campaign, the Scout counts as 2 minifigs when occupying a control point.

Steel Bat -- If the Scout comes within melee range of an opposing minifig in the middle of his movement, he may whack that opponent with his bat and keep running. On a Critical Hit, the target instantly dies; on any other successful hit, the target is knocked down and disrupted.

Double Jump -- When travelling any vertical distance, the Scout may extend his Move range by 4".

----
Pyro
----

Specialty:

Flamethrower -- Some like it hot. The Pyro likes it blackened and extra crispy. His flamethrower has a range of 4" and deals 1d10 damage. Also, anyone not instantly killed is set ablaze, and takes 1d6 damage every turn (including all opponent's turns) until he dies or jumps into some water.

------
Sniper
------

Specialty:

Sniper Rifle -- A master of steady aim, the Sniper deals more damage the longer he waits for the right moment to shoot. For each turn the Sniper stays completely still, he gains 1d6 damage. On a critical hit, the Sniper needs only to roll his skill once more; if that roll succeeds, he has dealt a headshot and the victim dies instantly. The Sniper has no maximum range; if you can prove that he has line of sight to his target, he can shoot it, and the target gets no bonus to cover when defending against the Sniper's shots.

--------
Engineer
--------

Skill: 2d6

Specialty:

The Engineer is a master of contraptions, and can build any of the items listed below (only one of each may be on the field per Engineer at any one time) on a successful Building check. The contraption will become fully active on the Engineer's next turn, and each has an Armor of 1d10.

Turret Gun -- This mounted machine gun (Build rating of 6) has three forms, and can be upgraded on subsequent turns with a successful skill check (Build Rating of 7). The basic gun deals 1d6 damage to any target that comes within its range of 6" and firing arc (similar to field of view; 45 degrees each way from center). Each upgrade increases the damage dealt by 1d6 and the range by 1".

Dispenser -- This little vending machine (Build Rating of 8) can give you a quick boost when you need it most. A minifig who spends his action to use a dispenser receives a Dispenser Token. He may then use the Dispenser Token at any time to boost his damage or armor by 1d6. An Engineer within 2" of a Dispenser gains +1 to his Building checks.

Teleporter Entrance/Exit -- Each Engineer can only build one of each (Build Rating of 8), but you need both in place and working for either one to be of any use. Any unit that ends its turn atop a Teleporter Entrance will begin its next turn atop the corresponding Exit. An army with multiple Engineers needs to keep track of which Entrance goes to which Exit.
Bravo 13th: A Lego webcomic

http://lessthan3.netraptor.org/bravo13th/
Carda
Officer

Postby Carda » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:29 am

Here's the other three classes. The Spy was probably the hardest to work with, especially since it would be obvious which friendly target to go after if your opponent is controlling one of your guys. I think I stayed true to the ideal of the class without breaking the game too badly.

Also the "respawning" mention there is because I intend to throw in a few TF2-style game scenarios, and it's much more fun to send your own army to violent deaths when you can do it all over again and again. ^_^

---------------------------------------------

-------
Demoman
-------

Specialties:

Sticky Grenades -- The Demoman is all about his explosions. During his turn, the Demoman can place sticky grenades on surrounding walls. A flat, round 1x1 stud works as a good sticky grenade, but when it comes to walls and ceilings you may need to improvise (double-sided tape might work). Each Demoman can have up to eight sticky grenades out at a time. Once the grenades are placed, the Demoman can use his Action to set them off, each grenade dealing 1d10 explosive damage to all minifigs within a 3" radius. Piling as many grenades as possible in a small area to take out one target is a legitimate strategy, and anyone who says otherwise is a free target for pummeling.

Grenade Jump -- The Demoman is one crazy son of a pickle, and is liable to do some crazy things to get his job done. Such as jumping on top of one of his own grenades and setting it off to get to a ledge that's just out of reach. If the grenade doesn't kill him, the blast will boost him an extra 3" vertically.

-------
Soldier
-------

Specialties:

Rocket Launcher -- The Soldier is a machine of war. Which means he likes watching things blow up just like the rest of these guys. His Rocket Launcher has a range of 18", and each blast deals 2d6 explosive damage with a 3" radius. A critical hit to his target kills instantly, but the Soldier may wish to roll Bonus Dice for additional damage to enemies within the blast zone.

Rocket Jump -- Like the Demoman, the Soldier is a trifle unstable, and will put himself at risk to accomplish his mission. By jumping and firing a rocket at his feet, the Soldier can add an additional 6" to his vertical movement... providing he doesn't banhammer himself in the process.

---
Spy
---

Move: 5" (special rule)
Armor: 1d6

Specialties:

Behind Enemy Lines -- The Spy can disguise himself as a member of the opposing team while remaining recognizable by his teammates. When the Spy dons an enemy disguise, he is removed form the field of play and his player secretly chooses one of the enemy's minifigs. That minifig is now the Spy. The opposing player still controls the minifig, but if the Spy would at any time deal damage to one of his true allies, he instead stabs the nearest enemy in the back, instantly killing him. The Spy's disguise is dropped immediately, and the minifig chosen as the Spy's disguise respawns at the locker room (apparently the victim of identity theft had eaten a bad burrito or something). If the Spy would take accidental damage from a true enemy, his disguise is broken in the same manner.

Invisibility -- On his turn, the Spy may choose to cloak himself, making him invisible to all but his player, who marks where he last stood. Enemy minifigs may target this location and attempt to fire on the Spy, but the Spy gains an additional 2d6 to armor, since it's not certain whether he's even standing in that spot anymore. At the beginning of his next turn, the Spy's cloak disengages, and the Spy reappears anywhere within 3" of where he last stood. The cloak may not be reused until it has taken a turn to recharge.

Carda
Officer

Postby Gladius » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:36 pm

Pretty sweet. Have you seen this?
TROLOLO
Gladius
Champion

Postby Carda » Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:58 pm

Those are totally awesome and make me want to create my own.

Carda
Officer

Postby blackwing77 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:47 pm

I'm working on some minifigs now, got the spy, demoman, engineer, pyro, sniper and scout.
TROLOLO
blackwing77
Officer

Postby Foggy » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:05 pm

So long as the minifigs get the weapon they're known for in TF2, and can't pick up other weapons, I like this idea.
The two I have a problem with: Pyro & Sniper. All they got are weapons, no abilities.

XXX Pyro XXX
Been burnt before T_T: Half damage from Fire.

Flamethrower: Yeah, ok I liek it.

XXX Sniper XXX
Targeting: Anything it has a line of sight to, it can shoot.
Steady Aim: Each turn Aiming at a target = +1d6 Damage.

Sniper Rifle: UR 4, 18" Rng, 1d6+1 Dmg
"We're not here for story time people, lets talk about all the sexy violence!"
-Yahtzee
TROLOLO
Foggy
Officer

Re: Team Fortress 2... BRIKWARS STYLE

Postby DarkWolf » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:54 pm

Carda wrote:
-----------------
Heavy Weapons Guy
-----------------

Move: 4"
Armor: 3d6

Specialty:

Minigun -- The Heavy's weapon of choice is his minigun. "She weighs a hundred-fifty kilograms and fires two-hundred-dollar custom-tooled cartridges at ten thousand rounds per minute. It costs four hundred thousand dollars to fire this weapon... for twelve seconds."

Ah, Sasha, I remember that clip. "Oh my god, who touched Sasha? Alright......... WHO TOUCHED MY GUN!?!" Ironicly, after viewing that clip, I came up with the bright idea to curse my Baur assault rifle in Battlefield 2142 by naming it Sasha. But, she's not cursed for me, in fact, I've gotten better since naming her. No, the curse is to anyone who steals her. I die, someone steals Sasha, then can't kill anything, and within 30 seconds of having stolen my stuff, they die a horrible, explosive death via hand grenades, orbital strikes, tank shells ect. ect. I really should make a Lego version of Sasha one of these days. Of course, I should also build my two main vehicles in BF2142 as well, Throne of Terra, my A-8 Tiger heavy tank, and Ragnawalker, my L-5 Riesig battlewalker.
"For every battle honour, a thousand heros die alone, unsung and unremembered"
--Anonymous
"Glory to the first man to die!"
--Commissar saying
"When in doubt, empty the magazine!"
--Steel Legion motto
DarkWolf
Minifig

Re: Team Fortress 2... BRIKWARS STYLE

Postby Foggy » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:09 pm

DarkWolf wrote:Stuff about the Heavy and BF 2142.

...riiiight.
Speaking of the Heavy...

BigStrong: While most Minifig arms are small and thin, the Heavy's arms are huge, living, clubs of muscle. This allows him to CC without any weapons and still count as having a Makeshift weapon.
Oh yeah, he can throw sh*t pretty far too.
Y'know, stuff like that.
Yeah.
"We're not here for story time people, lets talk about all the sexy violence!"
-Yahtzee
TROLOLO
Foggy
Officer

Postby Almighty Benny » Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:34 pm

I said "no" to drugs, but they just wouldn't listen...
Almighty Benny
Galidor

Postby Bonn-o-Tron » Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:22 pm

I've already seen Meet the Sniper, but it's worth another watch. It almost inspires me to start using that class.
:rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei:
Bonn-o-Tron
Playmobil

Postby Tzan » Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:03 pm

It almost inspires me to install the game.
Tzan
Blockguy

Postby Airpi » Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:05 pm

Quick question, what are the URs on the custom weapons there?
TROLOLO
Airpi
Champion

Return to Bonus Material