Medic Voting

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

Vote

Poll ended at Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:20 pm

Choice 1
56%
Choice 2
44%

Total votes : 25

Medic Voting

Postby Ross_Varn » Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:17 pm

CHOICE 1:

MEDIK (6cp)
Skill: 1d6
Move: 5"
Armour: 1d6-1

some minifigs are utter cowards, unable to battle as a proper minifig should. instead, these minifigs turn to the path of healing, so they can laugh maniacly while forcing others to die over and over.

Only Mostly Dead: once per turn the medik may use a Heroic feat to bring back to life a dead minifig from any allied force. on a critical Failure the dead minifig becomes all dead and cannot be brought back at all.

Not in the Face!: because they such cowards, all weapons carried by the medik only count as random objects in combat. a medik may never be used as a redshirt by a Hero.

CHOICE 2:

These are the current rules made up for a medic unit. Vote for your favorite.
Ross_Varn
Blockguy

Postby silvadream » Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:23 pm

Yeah go choice one.
silvadream
Cannon Fodder

Postby IVhorseman » Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:52 am

Choice two is far too complicated (sorry benny).

If you ask me, I think choice one needs:

*6" movement
*1d6 skill
*1d4 armor
*Able to use weapons, but unable to ignore corpses within 1d6", and must drop everything to revive them.
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby Theblackdog » Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:17 am

Choice 1. I don't think that Medix should be obsessed overmuch with healing random corpses to the point where they'll disobey orders to do so -- you should have some control over them.
Just one random act of violence can brighten your day. Especially if it involves explosives.
Theblackdog
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby piltogg » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:34 am

medix should have limitations as to the number of minnifig parts that got busted off by his death
like if all parts got sepperated because he used to be a suicide bomber, he would be a lot harder to heal than a fig who was just chopped in half. that is a good rule because then people are more likely to come up with as violent (thus entertaining) forms of death possible for thier figs. I might come up whith like a ker-bust'em table or something if I get time later for this pupose. So I would like to pick option 3 but it is not there at this time.
piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby mithril » Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:34 pm

piltogg wrote:medix should have limitations as to the number of minnifig parts that got busted off by his death
like if all parts got sepperated because he used to be a suicide bomber, he would be a lot harder to heal than a fig who was just chopped in half. that is a good rule because then people are more likely to come up with as violent (thus entertaining) forms of death possible for thier figs. I might come up whith like a ker-bust'em table or something if I get time later for this pupose. So I would like to pick option 3 but it is not there at this time.

the basic rules don't include damage tracking for types of injuries or specific bodyparts. your either dead or not. the removal of parts is just a way of showing "this one is 'dead', not just sleeping on the job."

the rules chapter 2 wrote:A minifig’s Armor statistic tells how much Damage he can withstand from a single attack – in this case, four points. If he’s hit by an attack doing four points of Damage or less, the blow glances harmlessly away and the minifig can continue fighting. If the attack does five points of Damage or more, he’s killed instantly. Knock the minifig over and, if appropriate, sever a couple of body parts.

Minifigs don't have "hit points" like some players might have come to expect from other games - in BrikWars, an attack either kills a minifig or it doesn't. In battles that might involve dozens or even hundreds of minifigs at once, a system of hit points is much too burdensome for players to keep track of from turn to turn.

the version i suggested reflect this. a medik can bring back these 'dead' figs, most of the time, regardless of how they died. i used a "heroic action" since thats an existing rule that would allow such. only i specified it can only be used to bring back figs, which seperates a medik from a hero. a hero could use it's heroic action to bring back figs too. but a hero can do much more other than that. a medik can only work miracles to bring back figs.

i also tried to make the fluff text and other special rule fit the description of the minifig from the rules. more for consistancy than anything else. :)

the rules chapter 2 wrote:"A minifig is a cute and friendly-looking little fellow, but don't let his appearance fool you. Beneath his lovable exterior, a minifig is a vicious and sadistic killer. He’d hack your heart right out of your chest if he thought he could get away with it - his minifig village could live for months off the meat of a good-sized Human heart. Instead, he’s happy to go on massive fratricidal rampages in hopes of gaining favor with his godlike Human overlords."

so what happens when vicious sadistic killers can't bring themselves to put themselves in danger? if comics have shown us anything, they go get a bunch of mooks to fight for them and use said mooks as human shields. the idea that medik's are cowards who have learned to bring back the dead so said mooks never run out seemed fitting.

and the cowardice led to the other special rule. because their cowards, and spent so much time learning how to 'heal', they never learned how to fight. so even some uber-gun is just a club in their hands.

if your own houserules include damage tracking, fell free to add more houserules to give modifiers to the basic "heroic feat to bring a fig back to life" as appropriate. but the basic stats need to be universal, so anyone can use it.
TROLOLO
mithril
Battlefield General

Postby silvadream » Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:39 pm

I like the use of the word mook you have now my support.
silvadream
Cannon Fodder

Postby IVhorseman » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:14 am

piltogg wrote:medix should have limitations as to the number of minnifig parts that got busted off by his death

If anything, wouldn't this make people want to sever as FEW body parts off of their minifigs so that they can come back easier? Hell, that just makes for even LESS carnage!

I also adamantly support the "dead or not dead" philosophy.
IVhorseman

Postby Elmagnifico » Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:20 am

I vote #1, but you have to put the Operation bit in with the backstory.
Elmagnifico
Mega Blok

Postby piltogg » Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:18 am

IVhorseman wrote:

If anything, wouldn't this make people want to sever as FEW body parts off of their minifigs so that they can come back easier? Hell, that just makes for even LESS carnage!

I also adamantly support the "dead or not dead" philosophy.

Not if people are starting to get tired of the game after two hours or so. and they are dead, simply more or less difficult to be rid of that state by the all powerful medix.
piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby pesgores » Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:10 pm

Why did choice #2 earn so much votes suddenly?
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
My official post number 1000 was "The whole battle?"
pesgores
The Dear Leader

Postby piltogg » Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:57 pm

:D . choose this because it was closest to what I said and has a card already. just not a table decideing how mutch more dead a fig becomes after the point where he takes enuff damadge to be killed.
piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby Silent-sigfig » Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:23 pm

Choice 1 makes more sense.
BFenix wrote:
Silent-sigfig wrote: :dog:

Coolest 1000th post ever :D
Silent-sigfig
My Little Pony

Postby MasterEcabob » Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:17 pm

Choice 1 is pretty much what I use in my battles, except that I say that a failed heroic feat, not just a critical failure, is enough to permanently kill the person.

And couldn't we just put the stats from Choice 1 on the card from choice 2?
jifel wrote:"Any fool can make something bigger and more dangerous, but it takes an intelligent man to do the opposite."

As if we care. More explosives!
MasterEcabob
Jaw-Jaw

Postby IVhorseman » Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:29 pm

MasterEcabob wrote:Choice 1 is pretty much what I use in my battles, except that I say that a failed heroic feat, not just a critical failure, is enough to permanently kill the person.

And couldn't we just put the stats from Choice 1 on the card from choice 2?

Duh? this is what I wanted to do, and I'd do it myself if I had anything other than MSpaint and GIMP (which I hate).
IVhorseman

Next

Return to Bonus Material