Tilting the gun

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

Tilting the gun

Postby Arkbrik » Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:47 am

As everyone knows, you look a lot cooler when firing a tilted gun than an untilted one.

ImageImage

But anyone with a bit of experience in guns know that it's harder to fire a tilted gun. But you want your minifigs to fire the gun tilted. Here are my rules for this:

A tilted gun has +1 UR (hard to fire) and +1 Damage (looks cool).

What do you think?
Remus: Harry... I'm a werewolf.
Harry: Are you fucking serious?
Remus: Well yes, but I don't see how that applies here.
Arkbrik
Pooplord

Postby Rody » Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:47 am

seems like it adds little to the game, while at the same time being something that you'd have to keep track off.

just have them tilt their guns and fire normally and be done with it.
Act first, then think, then try to find a way to cover up the horrible mess you made.
Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Rody
My Little Pony

Postby Arkbrik » Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:54 am

Yeah, probably. I'm just the kind of guy who wants rules for everything and then doesn't follow them.
Remus: Harry... I'm a werewolf.
Harry: Are you fucking serious?
Remus: Well yes, but I don't see how that applies here.
Arkbrik
Pooplord

Postby IVhorseman » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:37 am

Yeah, i suppose that's good? Personally, I have them tilt their guns to fire "gangsta style" if and only if the situation is appropriate for looking totally badass.

And that's always appropriate.
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby Jaye Tea » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:54 pm

personnally I think anyone who tilits a gun is a total dumbass, gangsta walks up pants sagging gun tilited, My Little penises walks up handling his gun in a tactical position and blows the shit out of the gangster as he tries to run a away with his jeans below his knees.
Glory be to the Bomb, and to the Holy Fallout. As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be. World without end. May the Blessings of the Bomb Almighty, and the Fellowship of the Holy Fallout, descend upon us all. This day and forever more. Amen!
Jaye Tea
Officer

Postby Theblackdog » Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:48 am

Firing tilted guns could be treated as a Stupendous Feat if it fits with your Hero's style -- action-movie character Heroes and gangster Heroes come to mind. Generally, if a rule seems cool but too complicated or minor, I make it a stupendous feat.
Just one random act of violence can brighten your day. Especially if it involves explosives.

Theblackdog
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby IVhorseman » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:39 pm

Jaye Tea wrote:personnally I think anyone who tilits a gun is a total dumbass, gangsta walks up pants sagging gun tilited, My Little penises walks up handling his gun in a tactical position and blows the shit out of the gangster as he tries to run a away with his jeans below his knees.

actually, chuck shoots from the hip like a retard too.

FACT: shooting guns in horrifyingly untactical positions makes you cooler.
IVhorseman

Postby OneEye589 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:04 pm

As does shooting guns that would kill you from the kickback (for example giant gatling guns or a turret ripped from the stand).
OneEye589
Pooplord

Postby Rayhawk » Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:34 pm

Jaye Tea wrote:gangsta walks up pants sagging gun tilited, My Little penises walks up handling his gun in a tactical position and blows the shit out of the gangster as he tries to run a away with his jeans below his knees.

Sagging pants are completely justified when going up against My Little penises, since you need more than the usual amount of room to accommodate more than the usual amount of crapping your pants.
Rayhawk
Overlord

Postby Pvt Expendable » Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:13 pm

A long long time ago,....before HD and when people had cd players, and lcd was for calculators ........... well call it 1989

It was close to the beggining of the hold your gun sideways fad.

What somebody told me ( dunno if its true) is gangsta held thier gun sideways because handguns (either due to desighn of pistols or human hands motor function physics) where prone to the bullet straying horizontally (right angle to pistol grip) so if you held the gun sideways if it strayed it had a longer target. head toe rather than shoulder shoulder.

Anybody else hear that?
Pvt Expendable
Dimmy

Postby birdman » Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:20 pm

i've heard that, but i'm not sure it's true.
If i get a chance, i'll fire my glock both tilted and un to determine which one is better.
birdman
Galidor

Postby Pvt Expendable » Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:38 pm

it may make some difference as to ones "SKILL" whether they squeeze or pull
Pvt Expendable
Dimmy

Postby ahp77 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:07 pm

Rayhawk wrote:
Jaye Tea wrote:gangsta walks up pants sagging gun tilited, My Little penises walks up handling his gun in a tactical position and blows the shit out of the gangster as he tries to run a away with his jeans below his knees.

Sagging pants are completely justified when going up against My Little penises, since you need more than the usual amount of room to accommodate more than the usual amount of crapping your pants.

I now have a headache because I laughed too hard.
ahp77
Jaw-Jaw

Postby IVhorseman » Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:51 pm

Pvt Expendable wrote:A long long time ago,....before HD and when people had cd players, and lcd was for calculators ........... well call it 1989

It was close to the beggining of the hold your gun sideways fad.

What somebody told me ( dunno if its true) is gangsta held thier gun sideways because handguns (either due to desighn of pistols or human hands motor function physics) where prone to the bullet straying horizontally (right angle to pistol grip) so if you held the gun sideways if it strayed it had a longer target. head toe rather than shoulder shoulder.

Anybody else hear that?

Haven't heard it, but it makes sense. Most of the time in a drive-by or a drug deal gone south, the guys with guns aren't going to be using the sights, either because they don't know how or just flat out don't have time to do it. That said, yeah, the bullet's going to stray left or right (and up and down but shush) simply because they're not aiming correctly.

Also, it looks daaaaaank.
IVhorseman

Return to Bonus Material