Capture The Flag!!

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

501stCadians
Galidor
Galidor

Capture The Flag!!

Post by 501stCadians » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:27 pm

After looking for the old,old,OLD CTF topic,i could not find it. I am currently making a map for it,though small it will be. Small and brutal.
IVhorseman wrote:I'm the Several Hundred Dollar Man!
Rayhawk wrote:"Give him the stick DON'T GIVE HIM THE STICK" was a major part of Knights Kingdom development.

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Post by Theblackdog » Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:16 am

I prefer playground-style CTF -- the battlefield is divided into two by a line. Troops killed on your side of the field respawn at your base, but if they're killed on the other side of the field you have to recover their bodies and bring them back to your base before they can respawn.

pesgores
The Dear Leader

Post by pesgores » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:52 pm

TBD's idea seems very nice.
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
My official post number 1000 was "The whole battle?"

Shaeph
Cannon Fodder

Post by Shaeph » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:33 pm

you could also use jails
but who ever actually goes to the jail?
Spend each day as if it were your last.
------------------------------------------------------
"Weekends don't count unless you do something completely pointless." - Calvin

OneEye589
Pooplord

Post by OneEye589 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:34 pm

Shaeph wrote:you could also use jails
but who ever actually goes to the jail?
Me. I love capture the flag and I think cheating takes away the fun from games like capture the flag, dodgeball, kick the can, etc.

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Post by Theblackdog » Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:08 am

The way we always played CTF at school, when you were tagged you just sat down on the field, and one of your teammates had to come out, tag you, and walk back across to your side of the field with you. Jails make the game move slower because it's harder to get people out of a jail defended by 1/3 of the opposing team. When people are scattered around the field, the defense has to spread their forces to cover them and it becomes not really worth it.
That said, playground CTF would not make a good forum game, because it's hard to have more than two teams.

tahthing
rather undermines the point of ranks.

Post by tahthing » Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:09 am

weve playd capture the flag with more than 2 teams at my school the aim was to get all the flags.
if your team had no flags in their base (all teams flags where the same) the teams out.
"some people are like slinkies there really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs"
"Triangalism! What's the fuckin' point!"
How's that compression ratio?

OneEye589
Pooplord

Post by OneEye589 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:27 am

Theblackdog wrote:The way we always played CTF at school, when you were tagged you just sat down on the field, and one of your teammates had to come out, tag you, and walk back across to your side of the field with you. Jails make the game move slower because it's harder to get people out of a jail defended by 1/3 of the opposing team. When people are scattered around the field, the defense has to spread their forces to cover them and it becomes not really worth it.
That said, playground CTF would not make a good forum game, because it's hard to have more than two teams.
We played with the gym or football field split in two with a 15 by 15 foot space for jail on either side of the field and ANOTHER 15 by 15 foot space for a "safe" where you couldn't be tagged when you were in the other teams territory.

There were also rules that you couldn't have more than two people "guarding" safe or the jail by being less than 15 feet or so from it. Same goes for the flag.

pesgores
The Dear Leader

Post by pesgores » Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:45 pm

Theblackdog wrote:The way we always played CTF at school, when you were tagged you just sat down on the field, and one of your teammates had to come out, tag you, and walk back across to your side of the field with you. Jails make the game move slower because it's harder to get people out of a jail defended by 1/3 of the opposing team. When people are scattered around the field, the defense has to spread their forces to cover them and it becomes not really worth it.
Weird.

We have this thing here in Portugal (probably in the rest of the world too) that is called "Human Football [Soccer]", in which you have to do the same as you say, but the objective is to enter in the opponents goal to score.

And there is no jail nor death.
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
My official post number 1000 was "The whole battle?"

Keldoclock
My Little Pony

Post by Keldoclock » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:24 pm

pesgores wrote:
Weird.

We have this thing here in Portugal (probably in the rest of the world too) that is called "Human Football [Soccer]", in which you have to do the same as you say, but the objective is to enter in the opponents goal to score.

And there is no jail nor death.
Even weirder, we had a similar kind of game back in Ukraine.

Plus, those sound kind of like my version of airsoft ( you get shot once in chest or head, walk back. 3 times if wearing plastic body armor, and if shot anywhere else, must fall down and wait for designated "medic" to tap you.)
stubby wrote:omg noob, balrogs are maiars too, don't you know anything